Unpopular Opinions Thread

Unpopular Opinions Thread

"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" isn't very good and the lyrics and creepy and weird.

Your turn, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA
youtube.com/watch?v=fregObNcHC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Andy Sixx threads are hilarious.

I agree

agreed
oh comely, creepy as fuck

interstellar sucks ass too
mediocre, corny and shallow

Right? I just don't understand the hype around this album. It's just some dude with an okay voice singing about his sexual past... weird and the music kind of sucks.

Nutella on bread sounds and looks disgusting and for that reason I will never try it.

Reddit is awesome

Penis water is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

dude the lyrics are supposed to be creepy its about the holocaust aand its a punk-rock mariachi band about the resurrection of Ann Frank did u expect normal lyrics??

these cookies are fucking disgusting

No, it's about his sexual past or frustrations or some shit

Is that really an unpopular opinion? I thought everyone agreed that those cookies are disgusting

If not though, I'm with you on that

Sup Forumsro i know people who have gone to his shows and spoken to him

maybe you're right too,though. that album is pretty open to interpretation

Yep the lyrics are about Anne Frank. He wrote the album after reading her diary.
Although not all the lyrics are meant to make sense.

I been searching forever for another person who thinks this

Ween's Ocean Man is still one of the best songs on the album.
I'm actually pretty left wing and liberal, but I live in New Jersey and these liberals are fucking insane with the lol nazism and dindu shit. Doesn't mean I'm voting republican though.
Futas are gay
I like doujins with fat, loser protagonists. I want to connect with the main character. I just hate how they're either spineless subs, school shooter tier doms, or have stupid bob cuts.
Going to r9k has been a positive experience for my life.

I believe the Earth is a Triangle

Weezer isn't good, never was, and based their whole sound around Creep by Radiohead

Oh Comely is beautiful, op. listen again

Either way it's still creepy. I'm not saying that creepy lyrics are always a bad thing, but the way he sings it makes it sound weirder than it probably is. I just feel like it's a whiny voice reminiscing about the past in ways that are annoying. Idk.

I have listened to this album quite a few times. I will admit, that song is pretty good (it grew on me a little) but parts of the song still make me cringe. I've even tried listening to this album with good expensive headphones and I still don't get the hype around it. :/

>lyrics and creepy and weird

that's why i enjoy it

kinda figured that others felt similarly

the whole album is amazing imo, he's not the best singer but w/e

it's a beautiful album with comforting melodies and unabashedly honest lyrics, a progression of songs dealing with loss of innocence and empathizing with painful truths

I totally understand why people are sick of seeing it these days and why some people would listen to it and hate it

The Godfather is the most over rated movie of all time.

Imma be honest, the first time I learned that everyone loved this album I thought it was like a meme or something and everyone was just being sarcastic...

I know it seems like bait but I actually enjoy Reddit. I rarely go on Sup Forums anymore because of it.

the hype I feel is based around it's fragile-nostalgic indie aesthetic that became so influential in the 2000s into today. It isn't supposed to be taken too seriously, for me it has the tone of a heavy-hearted children's book so I tend to think with that in mind, that eliminates the cringe factor for me that you talk about.

I feel ya, I can completely understand why people love this album, especially years ago when indie music was the thing.

Thanks for not completely shitting all over my opinion, haha

Traps are just men in drag and liking them is most definately homosexual.

Keeping Up With the Kardashians is kind of an entertaining show

>If you like 2001: A Space Odyssey, you are a literal fedora wearing insecure cuntbag who needs to watch boring trash to make yourself feel superior to people who "don't get it"

>I unironically think Sup Forums (not necessarily Sup Forums) is one of the best environments for discussion in the world. Plebbit doesn't even come close to making the list.

>The worst thing about traps is when people actually call them girls. Second worst is that people don't think it's gay to like them. Third worst is that so, so many fucking people like them it's disturbing and more than a little worrying.

>The first Twilight movie is watchable

Kevin?

I totally agree about 2001: A Space Odyssey! The first time I watched it the intro of the thing going through space was soooo long and boring that I almost gave up watching it.

Fucking your daughter once a day makes her pussy look better.

Beatles are overrated as fuck, all their songs sound like they're moaning; the drums are always boring and listening to more than one song gives me a headache

/thread

Rap and hip hop are trash. Kendrick lamarck kanye and drake are the biggest shit in music since the Beatles

The first 4 or so albums were good... anything after that is utter garbage. I don't know how a band went downhill so badly, so quickly and continued for so long.

I tried it once. It's fucking horrible.

Same here. I've been newfagging here for about 6 years but just checked out Reddit last month.

>Unpopular
>50% of people who have listened to that album think the same.

chekd and rekd

Agree - Perhaps credit should be given for them being the first to make 'different sounding music' but they're easily surpassed by bands like pink floyd and any other decent band you'd care to mention

Good kidd by Kendrick Lamar was good but the rest... Jesus christ he's gone so far up his own ass I dunno why people listen to him anymore

I don't like this board anymore. I almost never come here.

modern "rock music" is tainted garbage, especially the biggest names.

Rick and Morty is the worst show of this generation.

Not that I've seen, every time I mention it people flock to shit on me.

Nah they're great, Kendrick's last album wasn't great but the one he just dropped is good

Agreed. I enjoy some of their songs but for the most part they're pretty overrated.

Yeah it looks so bad

You take that back

drake is pop. Not hip hop nor rap, to call him a rapper is insulting. The rappers you named were good until they became radio artists. Listen to their early projects for good music

I watched the first season of Rick and Morty this past week and didn't get why it's held to such esteem

The Harry Potter books are mediocre fantasy at best.

The first season is good but in my opinion the second season is the best, you should try it. But, I guess if you didn't like anything from the first season, you might not enjoy it.

I never read them or watched the movies (I watched clips and stuff from the movies mostly) and it seems pretty okay but I don't think I could personally ever get into it. Everyone is shocked when I tell them this though.

no id agree, nothing special but decent, and very approachable, relateable

I don't care for Star Wars. I've never watched any of the Star Wars Movies, only understand the Star Wars universe because of pop culture references and friends, and feel like it's too late to watch Star Wars.

nah he's lying, second season is even worse,
the best episode is the Mr. Meeseeks episode

rest are straight trash, dont know why i bothered watching the rest of the series, i was straight bored, but like there were no funny episodes after that, just very .. spastic attention grabbing drivel , like the whole "Watching TV" 1+2 episodes is just him doing random improv comedy rambling about random shit he thinks children would find funny

just straight garbage television plebs would happily gobble up, like eating shit on a plate

there are so many important books to read. why would someone choose to read this or twilight or any of this crap coming out to exploit dumbness, i cant figure out. perhaps i just answered my own question.

Agreed

As a franchise it's overrated. However, the original 3 movies are seriously really solid. They deserve the praise they get. Prequels ruined their good will, and Rogue One was pointless.

mortal kombat on sega genesis is the best game ever!

Japan is nowhere near as cool as you faggots think it is.

30 sec from mars
what a piece of shit of a band
its gay and shitty and exploitive and devoided of any musical value, all at the same time, i cant believe how shitty it is

Similarly, Mortal Kombat 3 for the Super Nintendo is amazing

>all schools nation-wide should be uniformed until college/university
>public displays of affection should be illegal
>women who cannot support themselves should be banned from having children
>women who become pregnant while on welfare should be sterilized
>homosexuality/queersexuality can both be a choice and/or the result of social conditioning
>people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom should be gassed
>bigotry and racism are just rationalizations for one's mediocrity
>pant-sagging should be a criminal offense
>abortion should be legal, and mandatory in some cases
>students who miss 3 classes for a reasons other than significant sickness and/or death should be dropped from the course
>parents who don't vaccinate their children should have those children taken away from them
>there needs to be less spending on the military and more on the sciences
>every child should be made to know at least pre-calculus by age 10
>all children should know how to code
>potheads are annoying, and weed is overrated
>heavier women deserve love, too
>feminism wouldn't exist if men weren't such shitlords to women
>cigarettes should be taxed more heavily
>alcoholic beverages should also be more heavily taxed
>athletes should be paid less
>Janeway was the best Starfleet captain, and Voyager, the best series
>women are people too, and their experiences are just as valid as any man's
>Japanese popular culture is superior to Western popular culture(s)
>North Korea is not a threat
>If your personality is nothing more than an extension of your sexuality, favorite sports team, or political allegiance, then you're probably a shitty person.
>the exceedingly wealthy and automation is what's killing the country, not immigrants and homosexuality
>The Abrahamic religions are, more or less, the same bullshit
>Disney has done a fine job with Star Wars
>notions of 'country, family, and faith' don't really matter in the grand scheme of things
>America is not #1

fast and furious is the most overrated movie of all the time just garbage

It's the fact everyone talks about it and sucks it off even Simpsons had them on
And all I got out the first season were a few chuckles like never a full on laugh or anything like that I'm not trying sound like an edgy fag and just hate it becuase it's popular or anything

Why are you so angry

because everything you read doesn't have to be 3d33p5u

You know how you eat fast food or drink alcohol? You know shit's bad for you but you do it anyway, each to their own friend

well, you are obviously a woman

also, all religions are pretty much the same bullshit

Like honestly I'll probably give it another try in the future.

I fucking hate people. I try not to, but every time I start hating people a little less, they give me reasons to hate them even more.

No, I'm a guy. Just because I have problems with the way things/people are and actually vocalize (or in this case, type) them doesn't mean I'm a woman.

yes, but you dont eat shit, unless you are retarded

How old are you? I'm assuming you're fairly young, maybe high school. I want you to know, that it gets better. I used to be like you, maybe not quite has hateful, but I used to have similar opinions about the world. But really, when you get older, you realize that things aren't really as bad as they seem. Hang in there, comrade.

Also, I agree with you on the feminism thing. :)

Tried to watch this movie over 20 times and fell asleep every single time.

I'm 28. Things will NOT get better, especially now, given the political climate. I think more and more about suicide everyday, but also about homicide.

I just watch it to chuckle and see what stupid shit happens next, whether they riff on another trope or pop culture reference, or try to make the improv canonical.

Political climate? You seem like you would be a Trump supporter, so why do you think that's bad?

But nah, things will still improve. You just need a new outlook.

Religious people are fucking retarded, how can anyone believe a magical man made the world in 7 days.

this discourse is so old
you are so special, arent you. people just keep giving you reasons for you to hate them, poor you.
mind your business. if you are as special as youd like to think, youll be able to care for you and yours and dont give a fuck for how other people are.
next: i didnt say im special
you just act like it

I can understand why people believe in a higher power or an afterlife because the thought of dying can be scary and some people need that comfort to function in life, but I'll still never understand why people are churchy and religious and believe that "god" made shit while rejecting science, because that's just insane

I dream of the day I wake up and see Trump's obituary. But, I also recognize that he is only part of the greater problem (as was Hillary) that no one cares enough to call out/mention.
>liberal!
no.

Things will become worse, and a part of me only wants to live to see just that.

No, I didn't say it, and no, I don't act like it. In fact, I don't even bother talking to people unless I'm either spoken to first, or I absolutely have to say something (which is thankfully rare).

well, the man would have to be magical, otherwise he wouldnt be able to make the world in a week.
hm, suddenly they dont look so retarded, do they?

coping mechanism.

You should talk to people, it might make it better. I'm anti-social too and I don't like talking to people but sometimes friendly chats with random people in public is fun and you can meet a lot of interesting and good people and realize that they're not as rare as they may seem. :)

I think Pavement had a few really good songs but otherwise is one of the most over-rated 'indie' bands in galactic history.

There.

I said it.

then why are you here, talking about yourself?
do u absolutely have to?
or do u enjoy the attention?
because... u think ur special. thats how u rationalize being a loser on your onw eyes. u know it, i know it, u can pretend all u want.

>7
>shitlord
butthurt feminazi detected due to SJW nomenclature

>oh no
>not me
>I never lost control
>You're face
>to face
>With the man who sold the world

I hope this is a joke.

I get where you're coming from, but the more I talk to people, the less I want to be around them.

It's online, I'm (supposedly) anonymous, and I'm still flawed enough to where I 'need' an outlet of communication. Of course, there are online games and such, but here, I don't even need a username.

No.

I don't get that reference.

why? dont tell me you thought god was a normal man...

I agree with most of this and I'd add to it:

>People who don't use turn signals should be driven off the road into designated pits filled with HF acid
>People who don't listen to what the other person/people are saying are what's really wrong with the world
>There's nothing wrong with corporations paying their CEOs millions of dollars
>There's nothing wrong with these people being sporadically taken out by the citizenry to show how vulnerable they really are
>Abortion is murder at every stage, but like user said, should be legal and mandatory in some cases
>There are physical differences between the races
>There are intellectual differences between the races but only because of cultures shared by many with the same skin color
>Conspiracy theorists are 99% wrong but that 1% is enough reason to let them spout their nonsense unfettered
>Fighting pits should be opened up to volunteers and turned into a sport--fights to the death are the season finales
>All drugs should be legal but punishments for fucking up while on them, as a direct result from being on them, should be harsher
>Prisons and healthcare are 2 of like 10 things that the federal govt should control that should never be privatized
>Women are just as important as men but they need to be encouraged, culturally, but their emotionally-driven irrational decisions should be highly judged by our culture

Rick and morty is an absolutely terrible show

Why do you hate fun, user?

you only need an outlet the way youre doing it, because you cant do it irl. it means if you wasnt such a coward, you would be telling people what you are telling us. ergo, delusion of specialness. or sonething, idc.

That show is literal autism fuel

>pic related

>not getting the reference
Well, now you're like an angry user who'll punch out without at least knowing about the world he hated so much.
youtube.com/watch?v=fregObNcHC8

Shadow the Hedgehog is the best First Person Shooter that God hand-crafted