Ask a helicopter pilot anything !

Ask a helicopter pilot anything !

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/06/are_helicopters_safer_than_cars.html
vimeo.com/207048560
vimeo.com/207049226
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you ignore the fact that you'll probably die if the engine goes out?

How do you fly a helicopter?

Look up Auto-Rotation.

I'm not even OP nor am I a pilot but even I can call you retarded

Most helicopter crashes are not fatal and if they are... Pilot's mistake !
Every pilot learns autorotation (land without engine running)

Are you a helicopter pilot?

How scary is the R22 really? I have known several Heli students and they all despise the 22, but it is all they can afford to fly.

helicopters can glide. The blades don't stop if the engine does and auto rotation is thing

What's your occupation?

Why are your feet not on the rudder pedals?

how many hours have you put into flight time? how many hours before you were flying solo?

What is your favorite color

How does one at almost 30 go about getting their pilot's license

what town is that?

dude how high are you right now

tbh I only fly 22's and 44's... I prefer the 22 over the 44. You feel like you can control the 22 much better then the 44 (and trust me, I have more hours on the 44 but still prefer 22's)

How did you learn to fly?

Become a real pilot. Get an Osprey.

Can you give me the ol lickaroo?

where are your shoes man

where do you do your safety training

I currently have a company that makes helitours
This is not my picture, that is my friend's. I just uploaded mine (scroll up)
About 250 hours, 60 before going solo.
green
Tbh, at least in Brazil it is hard as fuck, most people can't really afford it and hope for miracles !
MaceiĆ³ - Brazil
High enough to make this thread.

not OP.
The robinsons aren't really that dangerous it's just that far more hours are completed in them thus most crashes occur in them.

You ever stick your ass out the window a take a shit on the peasants below?

You dumb motherfuckers. If you're at low altitude and your engine goes auto rotation won't prevent you from death or being paralyzed.

Flight School... xD
Company called Power Helicopteros in Brazil

If you're at a "low" altitude you're probably going to be butt fucked by the FAA for flying like a retard so what is your point

the blades will still have momentum fucknut
Choppers have a 3:1 glide ratio.

Fully agree with you ! It is literally the most flyied machine in the world !
Fuck... I guess I need to make a video on this ;)

Here in Canada we call em Air-Jiggers.

Is it true that helicopters fly because the earth is repelling their uglyness?

I like to be high too

If you are low you need to be fast, and as I said... Most of the fatal crashes are pilots mistakes...

>wut is takeoff and landing

Why are all helicopter pilots assholes, while fixed wing pilots are cool as fuck?

That's like "where do you buy food?"

"a food store"

flightsafety? CAE?

Now you're talking about two very specific instances that makeup less than a percentage of flight time for most people.

Could you grasp at straws any harder faggot

nope. this shits dope. they fly because the earth is scared of machine guns.

taking off and landing

retard

You don't need to be a pilot to fly fixed wing... Even monkeys can do it !
Heli pilots can't take theyr hands off the controls for a long time, while the fixed wing "people" can sleep while flying...

Read the thread fag

3rd year commercial aviation student here

commercial pilots are self entitled cocksuckers and from well-healed backgrounds.
>tfw working full time night shift job to pay for degree while silver spoon kids post photos of themselves flying private planes in spare time

no, pilots (commercial anyway) are much worse

Since you said ask you anything I'll go ahead...

I've been flying helis and various aircraft in GTA 5 as well as in Battlefield. How realistic is my heli flying experience? Do I know enough to save the crew if the pilot ever passes out while flying and I'm on it along with other passangers?

You don't actually pilot a helicopter. The "pilot" is there for setting coordinates and generally serving the passengers.

Literally a potato can do it.

Flightsafety at Power Helicopteros
My private and commerical licenses were at Voo Solo (Brazil)

It's also the most extreme conditions that the engine will encounter, making it the most probable time to fail. Dumbass.

you dolt, kys

you just proved yourself to be an asshole, congrats

Best question in thread. Answer please OP

Nope. you need to know how to correct shit. It's not hard to learn but you can't just do it without proper instruction.

not OP

Yeah and if you're taking off or landing you're probably not over dangerous terrain and definitely not moving at around 100 knots so it really makes the situation much less dangerous. Also routine engine checks before flights are mandatory.

Keep grasping nigger.

Why arent your feet on the rotor pedals?

So much stupid. Everyone take it in. This is what it looks like when you don't have a fuckin clue.

Tbh I have a lot of experience in ArmA 3, Battlefield, GTA, FSX and most games that have helicopters and I wouldn't be able to save a life or a machine if I never had any real experience before. Imagine if it was completely realistic... It would be kind of a problem right ?! People stealing helicopters all around xD

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/06/are_helicopters_safer_than_cars.html

choppers 27 to 85 times more dangerous than cars.

See you in hell OP, you wop fag.

That's exactly the attitude I am talking about

BTW I am a roto and fixed wing pilot

Hell no! I am a fixed wing pilot and there is no way I could pilot a helicopter. Even a serious simulator cannot teach you the "feel" you need to fly.

That is the passanger seat. You fly helicopters on the right side.

Has anyone ever leaped to their death from a helicopter you were flying?

Nah man, people that cant fly just cant figure out how to balance debt, I got into plenty getting my commercial, but after I hit commercial I had no problem making my loan payments.

Much better than student loans for college

You can slip and hit your head on the curb while taking a walk too. Life is more fun with a little danger. Take some risks faggot.

I flew this bad boy during military service
A380 copilot now

Yes, nothing dangerous at all about freefalling 20+ feet. You should go try it.

This shit between heli pilots and plane pilots is on since forever, if you fly both you should know better then me how the world is.

There is a huge difference between some lacerations and possible broken bones and being ripped to shreds

Nope, I have seen one crash helicopter crash in front of me tho...

Apache?

Military is another level xD
The machine I fly for now:

You are pretty gay for saving that photo user, things aren't looking good for you

>freefalling 20+ feet
>oh just some possible broken bones
yeah, that's all...

I'm a commercial fixed wing pilot that finds helicopters sexier than planes.

Although I can confirm that heli pilots are usually entitled and bigoted.

zero argument in this post, only condescension. have one back at you, retard

If I was walking down a giant field of grass which was recently all mowed down how confident are you that you could cut my head off with the blades of the helicopter without causing a crash?

I always imagine this old rich english dude, boring as fuck dusty life full of routine in his retirement, has a few ales with his rich old friends every afternoon at an exclusive little tavern no one knows about.
His wife, once hot but now an old bag of grey cornflakes mooching around the garden in a moomoo wearing her faded pearls and jewelry does nothing for him anymore, old Fred.
Every so often an event like this happens, his friends daughters birthday, his wife too sick to come, he dresses himself in his finest suit, gladly accepts the glass of cognac or brandy being served for the after dinner entertainment.

His mind wanders back to a time when he was a gentleman of the world, no depressing wife plodding about the garden, a time when he was single and life was full of promise, he sees the girl dancing to Glenn Miller and remembers when he used to dance with his wife to the same song, but tonight he is back there, the best time of his life.

He raises his glass and drinks, a drink to the good times, a drink to what will never be again, a drink to numb the harsh reality of where those good times all lead to.

Sometimes Fred wondered if living a life of opulence was worth the eventual fade out and irrelevance of being a retired aristocrat.

Cheers Fred, I raise my glass to you old boy

Crash into my house please

Not going to lie... Some really are !

About the low level engine failure everyone: vimeo.com/207048560
Just like I said... If you are low, be fast.
If you are landing or taking off you must be in the patterns or else you will die. Simple :D

Top kek

Rooivalk. South African Airforce. Great bird, but weapons system was never sorted out due to sanctions during development

I'd skull fuck you with my baby cock after the fact.

5.75 inches deep in your throat hole.

Please find a building with 3+ floors and jump off it. Post results.

calm down it's just a question.

You can't chop someone's head off with the blades without causing a crash... I tried xD (lies)
A gun shot is less expensive then a helicopter if you are trying to kill yourself... Just saying.

1. It's not freefalling, by leaving the ground you have already generated lift which does not instantly dissipate when an engine fails.

2. You're in a vehicle. It's not the same as landing on your feet.

False equivalency. See point #2.

UNSW makes you pay from second year. I had to come up with 100k in 6 months. lucky you, I stand by my statement though, the majority of commercial pilots are from extremely wealthy backgrounds and act like they are saving the world, ignoring the fact it's a glorified bus drivers job.

stfu faget

How dou you like flying my gender?

>vimeo.com/207048560
Wrong link... This is the right one: vimeo.com/207049226

I like helicopters, I just hate every helicopter pilot besides myself since they act like they are so cool.

Try flying a Falcon 50 or saberliner, now thats badass

Praying for your death OP. May your last thoughts be of some autistic deranged board you wasted your time on.

Death to you ;)

How many commies have you given rides?

1. With the engine out, there is no upward force. By definition, you are in freefall.
2. Yes, with your back firmly pressed against your seat, your head is in perfect position to jam straight down into your spine when the vehicle hits the ground. Sounds safe.

How do you live like such a degenerate?

Then dont go to aviation college, its a waste of cash. buy a cessna 150 and get your ratings through part 91

Do the pitch and yaw pedals feel opposite to you? I use pedals in flight simulators and at first i would always invert it because i felt the center of what my feet were pushing should control the center of the craft but it turns the way the foot pushes which makes sense outloud but not mechanically. I taught myself to do it how it is, but sometime i will still start out and have to reteach myself. Do you know of ways to reverse it on your helicopter or of other pilots who fly like this?

It's pretty obvious that you have no idea how a helicopter works.

Backpedal some more fat fuck.

To be fair he isn't wrong, for about 5-7 seconds after the engine fails the blades should still generate enough lift to not let you plummet right away, giving you those extra precious seconds to identify the issue and fix it, or think about and probably regret, the decisions in your life.

1. The propellers are still mitigating the velocity of the fall without the engine because of the (tremendous) momentum still present.

2. Yes, the force is more directly applied to your spinal column, but the rest of the aircraft absorbing energy from the fall more than makes up for that fact in my medical opinion.