Why don't more people ride motorcycles? They're inexpensive to purchase. They're fuel efficient and really fun to ride...

Why don't more people ride motorcycles? They're inexpensive to purchase. They're fuel efficient and really fun to ride. Plus, you can pretty much park them anywhere.

Mine cost me about $120/month and I ride it everywhere.

everyone hates you if you ride one since 99% of bikers ride like total cunts all the time.

plus if you wreck you're pretty much going to die.

i dont know. i think people feel more "secure" and "safe" with a 2 ton metal shell surrounding them

except when it's rainy, or cold, or if you have to transport something bigger than a backpack...

I have one. fun to ride. more a toy than transportation

So, it's really all just about safety?

an accident that is easily survived in a car will leave you splattered on the pavement

Because I enjoy being able to move.

Most people go to the store or something in a car and pick up an item that they could have probably fit in a backpack. Causes major traffic jams... in California anyway.

Ayyy
Califag/MCfag reporting in
Riding a 650cc vstar

Pic unrelated.
Went on a hike and found a geocache.

whats in the box

Other motorists scare me. That's literally it.

>Most people

No. Not really. Most people include the trip with other errands while traveling to and from somewhere.

Oh. look. It's raining again....

I'm wondering if the roads would be safer if like 50% was motorcycles?

This is the gayest pic ive seen kn a while.

Got any kids?

I live in a major city with bad traffic and it also rains all the time. If I lived in the desert I'd probably consider it seriously.

You haven't spent enough time on Sup Forums lately then.

No. But there would be a lot more transport organs available.

Yes but they're both adults now.

because i dont have an identity crisis. i dont want to be associated with people whos entire life revolves around a fucking vehicle. its like people who own guns that want everyone else to know that they own guns.

just shut the fuck up you obnoxious man-children.

>stop liking what I dont like

what are your hobbies user

Most people have hobbies though. I'm sure you have something you spend the majority of your life doing besides trolling Sup Forums. Amirite?

user just sits in his room and shitposts on Sup Forums all day.

Bikes are fucking awesome!

handjobs to goats

Toys & shit

yeah except hte difference is im not an obnoxious man child that needs everyone else to know what im doing.

people like the one in OPs pic is pretty much exactly what im talking about. the beard-tattoo-jacket-bike combo is a cookie cutter fake identity. its old and boring.

Buddy of mine got his foot stuck in the chain then he tried to bail and nearly died. Came out of it missing his pinkie toe and nearly died

Because I don't want to. It's that easy.

Where I live it's hot and dusty and the roads are crowded. I don't want to be on a motorcycle in that environment. Plus, I just enjoy driving a car more.

If you want to ride for economy or enjoyment or whatever, more power to you. I won't try to stand in your way.

(Just don't take the baffles off the pipes, okay? Fuck those guys.)

But did he died?

ok i wrote nearly died twice sorry im really fucking tired

But, did he died?

Ok but whats your hobby?

Beards are in at the moment.
Tattoos have existed since the dawn of man.
Motorcycles are a mode of transportation and people like them.
There's no jacket in the pic but leathers are essential motorcycle gear. Road rash is a bitch user. Stop being a fag

I already fukin told you. handjobs to goats

Mom was a lawyer. Horror stories kept me from ever getting a dirt bike or learning to ride as a kid

>be me
>be 15
>talking to mom about driver's ed one day
>suggest I might want a motorcycle someday when Ive had my license a bit and learn how to navigate traffic and shit
>she says nothing
>comes home a few nights later
>doing work in our home office
>calls me in
>proceeds to show me 3 cases her office was handling involving motorcycles and ATVs
>omitted 2 out of my mind
>one stuck with me though
>guy was riding a dirtbike through a field drunk
>no lights
>doesnt see wire fence at face level
>rides through it fast
>decapitates himself to the spine
>head is 3/4 connected
>somehow manages to get seen by some passerby like an hour later
>guy gets airlifted to ER
>with a few hours of surgery, has head completely sewn back on
>he lived
>the pics she showed me were of the accident scene and of his intake to the ER, then the post op

She has since passed and I have enough to buy one, but I cannot unsee that shit and it deters me a lot. The pics would be rekt gold on here, but theyre long gone.

My guess is user is too fucking fat to ride on a bike and knows he would look ridiculous. Also, to bitch faced to have a man beard. So, it's much easier to try and bash on someone he wishes he could be. Just my humble opinion. I could be wrong.

I'd maybe get one if they decriminalized lane splitting in the rest of the US

Oh and the kicker:

>the name was filed in the system under the pseudonym "Nearly Headless Nick" in the system
>that did make me laugh between the shock and horror I also witnessed that day

It's literally the one and only thing California got right...allowing lane splitting.

look at countries in southeast asia and central america where that is the case. Not safer.

Wouldn't you have to admit tho, that you would probably never ride a bike in that situation? With no lights on in a field or whatever?

simple solution dont ride drunk through a fucking field you dipshit

I'll show you pictures of car crashes. Will that deter you from driving a car???

All you have to do is keep your wits about you. Anticipate what dickhead drivers around you are going to do. Don't ride in peoples blind spots. Don't do stupid shit like pop a wheelie at 90mph

Don't race cunts

Don't speed through streets you've never driven before, especially on the corners.

Literally $12 to fill up at the pump.

Exactly!

I don't have money for a bike since my wife left and took everything.

$120/month

Safety, utility, and comfort. I like motorcycles, but other than fuel cost/efficiency, a car is superior all around.

$3800/month support payments

Why would you think this would make things safer? More accidents will occur, and more of those that do happen will be fatal/serious

Your attorney must've been banging her.

No, women are entitled to everything. Look into it before ever deciding to get married.

Sounds like she never worked. Gotta marry a chick with a good paying job.

oh i don't know probably the rain you retard

Agreed. Im irresponsible as fuck, but that endagers others potentially which I tend to avoid.

Doesnt even seem fun flying through the dark, no lights. just dumb.

Dude im not arguing that I wouldnt personally be responsible on it. Im not that kind of person, especially on something like a bike. I just know it opens me up to more hazards and you never know what could happen. Shit can go from fun to catastrophic quick.

I just gotta nut up and get over that mental block is all. It seems fun.

Lmao you're talking to a generation of kids who don't even want to get drivers licenses

Because if you hit a pothole, you instantly die.

Motorcycles dont have the same charm they once had, nowadays only soft, pencil pushing desk jockies who get cucked by their wives wanna LARP as a tough guy on the weekends go out riding their sportsters in head to toe leather they got at the Harley Davidson website too scared to roll into Sturgis because those are real bikers but those are all wannabe tryhard LARPers as well.

Because I'm not a tryhard pussy like the faggot in the pic, which is a perfect representation of most people who ride motorcycles.

This

/thread

Have you ever owned a bike? You seem to know quite a bit about the subject.

this is one of the worst parts about the USA. it's not like that in Canada

No, because Im not a pussy pretending to be a rough neck. You dont need to own one to observe how those fags are.

I agree. We have bikers dying like crazy ever since.

>only soft cucks drive motorcycles
>the soft cucks are afraid of "real bikers"
get your story straight.

because where I live its winter or rain 9 months out of the year and i dont want to deal with that

Theyre all soft cucks.

Utilize your brain piece.

What's the difference between a Hoover and a Harley?
>the location of the dirt bag

Gotta love the classics. This one is my own

how does driving a certain type of vehicle make someone soft? it's just an engine with two wheels.

Studies have shown that statistically there is no significant increase in danger by lane splitting. Non lane splitting states have the same fatality rate.

If you honestly have to ask that question, then you are a sportster riding pussy.

Cause people who need validation sometimes cant afford payments on a Hummer, working at a hot dog stand.

Im bikecurious, anybody who owns a motorcycle with some helpfull advice or pointers?

>you hit a pothole you instantly die

what? has your dumbass even ridden a bike before?

Your logic is flawed. I have to assume your wife has your balls and you're making excuses for yourself.

Decide wether you want a sport bike or a cruiser?

Cruiser

Actually, fat guys can ride too.

Because motorcycles are gay.

I have both, an FZ1 and a custom army green 1500 with ammo cans for saddllebags. The console lights are 12 ga shotgun shells with embedded LED's.

Go with an Indian Skout...they're cheap, fast and look fucking badass.

both a cruiser and a sport bike I mean

brought to you by Polaris, that one snowmobile company

The car is the replacement for the horse.
The motorcycle is the replacement for the bicycle
>it's a toy

>The car is the replacement for the carriage
>The motorcycle is the replacement for the horse

ftfy

Indian is the oldest motorcycle company in the U.S.

Smart-Cars are inexpensive, excellent gas mileage, and probably way easier to park than my current car, but I still won't buy one because I would look like a fag when I drove around town in it.

The same reasoning can be applied to motorcycles.