What happened?

He had the high ground

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66QaJFAj3PI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only good character in the prequels. Killed off quickly not to make the others look worse than they are.

Hmmm, but did he though?

Obi-Wan's feet were dangling off the ledge so he was technically on no ground at all

No ground >>>> high ground

But he had no character at all, he was just an overpowered goon made for kids to buy toys.

and he was still the best character in the prequels.

Someone needs to post the summary of Obi's "High Ground" trait, and how every Jedi/Sith had their own unique trait.

> he was just an overpowered goon made for kids to buy toys.
Agreed. And he was still the best character.

Who else?
>child anakin
>emotionless qui-gonn
>tantrum-throwing anakin
>stupid padme
>jar-jar

I mean Obi Wan is the obvious choice, but he's so under-utilized in the movies and in II and III he is more like a frustrated parent who can't believe his kid is turning into a hoodlum.

Darth Maul is interesting because he is the first sith we see. If there is a sith, that means he must have been trained by someone as there is always a master and student, so that clues us in that there is a sith lord. He also acts accordingly and is competent: finds what he is looking for, doesn't beat around the bush but tries to kill his target. The double-sided lightsaber is frankly a stroke of genius and is miles better than the little light savers protruding from the handle of kylo ren's sword which looks stupid and dangerous.

They should have kept Darth Maul alive and have Anakin cut him down instead of Dooku, because thats what the Emperor tried in VI when he asked Luke to cut down Darth Vader (his current student). Poetry, it rhymes.

I, II and III are terrible and I don't know why I'm discussing them at length like this.

really makes ya think

Darth Maul is not dead, mate.

Finally I get to use this

>get cut in half
>not dead

Are you retarded?

Unfortunately they brought him back in that shitty clone wars show.

>wow mr lucas you're a genius and everything you say is perfect

wwww the prequels

is wwww an abbreviation for "what went wrong with"? cause it shud be

Here you go user, you can thank my OCD.

w^4

Did you watch it or just decide it was shit because it was animated?

>shitty

You didnt even watch it

aw, you're so sweet

>what if we introduced Darth Maul's brother
>dude what if Obi-Wan, the model Jedi, broke the code and had a Mandalorian waifu
>lmao Darth Maul survived getting chopped in half and dropped down a bottomless pit
>let's make Anakin fight Dooku every other episode and completely de-value their rematch in RotS haha

Obi-Wan has access to the 'certain point of view' power. Though Maul had a higher altitude Obi-Wan was higher from his own point of view

>subjective dislike
>factually wrong, he never broke the code, he was just tempted to
>anakin survived being dismembered and burning next to a lava flow, this is a dumb thing to complain about
>the duel at the beginning of ROTS had no value, Dooku got stomped

Even if your complaints were valid, they dont negate all the good shit in the show

>factually wrong, he never broke the code, he was just tempted to
Still not something Obi-Wan would do.
>anakin survived being dismembered and burning next to a lava flow
Anakin's injures weren't as severe as Maul's, and Anakin's power level dropped significantly. He also needed a fucking life support suit. Maul just got a new pair of legs and got more powerful.

>the duel at the beginning of ROTS had no value, Dooku got stomped
>Anakin's descent into the dark side had no value

kys

Oh, and I forgot Ahsoka. Fuck that creator's pet.

>arguing with a guy who watches a show made for 10 yos

For what purpose?

boredom

You just pissed off all /swco/plebs.

Nah. "High Ground" is a Jedi class skill. The Sith class skill would be "Spinning", which he didn't do.

Have a wank or smt

>yfw you realise "I'll try spinning that's a cool trick" was foreshadowing for what was to come
Is George the ultimate pottery master?

Ezra Pound a shit

Obi-Wan had remembered his own good trick and slashed upward, instead of being caught off guard like maul.

Ah I bet that was a good thread, wish I'd been there

Darth Maul is a Sith Lord, Obi's speciality.

The highground defence bonus only scales with wisdom, which factors heavily into the Soresu fighting style that Obi's was proficient at, not the offensive style that Maul utilises

The secret anti-lowground technique was only developed by Obi AFTER this duel, and never revealed until he resorted to it against Anakin. The uncouth notion of dismembering someone before they can finish an theatrical, acrobatic manoeuvre is unheard of, as it's one of the few things both Jedi and Sith look down upon with equal shaming contempt.

There were all kinds of glaring lights and those bright red forcefield doors and shit, so Maul might have been dazzled trying to follow Obi's movement.

Maul only talked once in the movie, and a communications disruption could mean only one thing.

Had Impeccable reaction time to fight off 2 lightsabers whirling at his face.

Can't react to a flying body doing a flip over his head, turning on a saber and taking one swing.

Darth Maul had a stroke before his final moment.

Obi Wan couldn't beat Dooku because Dooku wasn't actually a Sith Lord, he was just an ex-Jedi / Dark Jedi.

Obi Wan thought he was a Sith Lord though.

He didnt stand so good.

But he won. "If you kill your enemies, they win" - Le 2016 man.

Noooo, the dark side of the force was with Maul. Also, he had high midi-chlorian count.

youtube.com/watch?v=66QaJFAj3PI