I'm building my first warhammer 40k army, anyone else play?

I'm building my first warhammer 40k army, anyone else play?

Ask me anything

looks like a good start with the commissar, so your doing IG as first army?

Space marine master race here, you can support me though imperial grunt

Militarum tempestus, I like space marines and chaos, but apparently chaos sucked and everyone plays space marines or tau

how much heresy are you planning to do?

what army do you have?

My first army was an Ork warband. Best race for beginners, the models are a little more forgiving.

I am not a heretic, commissar executes heretics

>Space marine master race here, you can support me though imperial grunt
yes the space marines also good starting units, but a bit more heretical than the IG due to inherently being mutants.

With the purge coming those who have lived bringing glory to his name shall be honored given the peace in death they deserve.

SOB

Have space marines.... Terminators... vehicles.. been waiting and debating on a titan.

Tons of the 40k size guys super small but they were epic I gotta say.

I can imagine, I spent a lot of cash on paint, the orks don't need as many colors do they

>My first army was an Ork warband. Best race for beginners, the models are a little more forgiving.
very fun to paint my greenskin friend.

I have like 12k in space wolves and another 2k in Tau. Have fun OP, i love 40k

>I am not a heretic, commissar executes heretics
Commisars follow orders of their lord governor who unwittingly may become a pawn in the ways of chaos ordered to execute or thrust men into harms way to satisfy a means to that end.

>SOB
Damn, Well I ordered a Valkyrie, I ordered my army based on 7th edition, 8th has me scared about point value since current army + Valkyrie is just 600 pointish

>I can imagine, I spent a lot of cash on paint, the orks don't need as many colors do they
Paint is expensive? really? you sure? what kind of paint are you using?

Can always use testers paint ya kno?

Nope, real user friendly. It was fun to create my own looted vehicles out of extra leman russ parts my friend didn't want too.

>Damn, Well I ordered a Valkyrie, I ordered my army based on 7th edition, 8th has me scared about point value since current army + Valkyrie is just 600 pointish
Each edition will fudge things up thats a given, they gotta make that money as armies change hence that abomination of a model called the centurion that is literally a space marine inside of a space marine...

What paint scheme are you using for the IG? is that your first for model painting? have a great time with it! or if ya hate it just spraypaint them gray or something.

I spent like 200$ on 50ish citadel paint, its not enough to break the bank or anything, but add in 150$ for figures and 120 for the codex and ut cost over 400$ just to start

I am having fun putting it together, but I am painting it 55th Alphic Hydras colors

Not a Lord Commissar though

consider the codex a given... did you get the 3 book set? just wondering how that is these days?

Been out of the loop and have tons of army yet never played the tabletop not once. weird right?

>I am having fun putting it together, but I am painting it 55th Alphic Hydras colors
nice love the lore in 40k makes every unit that much more special.

>Not a Lord Commissar though
You sure? I thought they still take orders from whatever planets political elite? I meant the elites could be corrupted and unwillingly the commissars would be given orders which play into the hands of chaos.

Not too weird, I had read that 80% of GW customers never played the game, I thought it was odd though

I do have a question though, I built the commissar and wanted to make him a Lord commissar, but I couldnt give him the special wargear like he is supposedly able to equip.

How do I make him a Lord Commissar?

>Not too weird, I had read that 80% of GW customers never played the game, I thought it was odd though
guess im part of that 80%, i have gone to meets where people play alot, and often due to my autistic memory could spit rules left and right which was tons o fun. yet oddly never played I love reading about them and painting them.

>How do I make him a Lord Commissar?
I dunno cant you just call him one? does he need a specific item to be a lord commissar or maybe its more a certain look?

>I dunno cant you just call him one? does he need a specific item to be a lord commissar or maybe its more a certain look?

Couldn't tell you, There are no details except that he gets a special gear from a list that he doesn't come with

get a 3d printer

is there a worse nerd company than Games Workshop?

yes, Blizzard.

A good company at the start before they started targeting normies

>Couldn't tell you, There are no details except that he gets a special gear from a list that he doesn't come with
cosmetically you shouldnt need it then I would imagine since that gear can change at the drop of a hat. No biggie though, at least you can hunt for one later :D

yeah but they've been totally normie for better than a decade now

Any rich fags, wanna hook me up with a tau army?

Were are you located?

Alabama, dothan

Well thats cool I guess, But I wanted the Lord Commissar to be a total badass

Cant really help you unfortunately

Yeah... really want to play , but I'm a poor fag and can't afford this. Local game store let's me use one of the guys stuff once in a while.

>Well thats cool I guess, But I wanted the Lord Commissar to be a total badass
no worries, just gotta hunt for that good model, there is a great third party site if you have a specific model in mind outside of army building where you might be able to put one together.

I forget the link but if user knows please post as it may help with your lord commissar :D

Yea, that sucks, best thing I can see you doing is buying a few cadians at a time and building from there, or orks.

Tau is expensive

I dont but I want to, what is it?

Yeah, but not an orc fan, maybe I can save here in 4 or 5 months and get the battle box.