Why do people have nostalgia for the 90s? It wasn't that great

Why do people have nostalgia for the 90s? It wasn't that great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o2s4qsyr7aA
youtube.com/watch?v=LaTGrV58wec
youtube.com/watch?v=oDB06Shv8zY
youtube.com/watch?v=Pav2f4b-1ZE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=u_ppF2yK4NM
youtu.be/hTWKbfoikeg
youtube.com/watch?v=YmHziduwBgI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1nCe-2Cuo
youtube.com/watch?v=CNFLNgiDcwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They miss being young, of course.

maybe if you're a tutsi or a bosniak then i could understand why you'd think it wasn't so great

Trips say kys

checked

kek

because they were kids then, it's the memory of being a kid again, hassle free, fun times, not the era that matters

this comic looks fucking awesome. where did you get the full scans?

it was great there was no terrorism no degenrate liberals no jews going god mode no facebook no nigger culture was adapted globally no shitty brainwashing twerk buzzfeed etc. It was clean and conservative everywhere around the globe everyone loved each other

The ecstasy was better

no lady gaga, no miley circus, no justin peanutbutter, no game of thrones

>and then this faggot showed up which changed the entire world upside down

but we had billy ray though

it was the best time to be a kid. if you were coming of age in the 90s, you had this great combination of freedom of the older generations, but still had a bunch of great technology. now kids are helicoptered and micromanaged, and before the 90s kids didn't have the technology. 90s were the best time to be growing up.

plus, it was when the sexiest girl ever was on TV in her prime

And the internet was both better and worse.

fbpb
They don't call it nostalgia for nothing. Personally, I take more pleasure in remarking on how stupid and archaic some of the things we did in the 90s were.

True

People don't have nostalgia about things that are good. They have nostalgia about things they grew up with.

I really don't, 90's was shit.

This is one of the better explanations I've seen

>inb4 hurr durr tumblr

hurr durr tumblr

>tumblr
But, fuck, this does make sense.
>aww yeah time to watch some VHS tapes
>aww yeah time to watch some DVDs
>aww yeah time to watch Netflix

And Netflix will be obsolete in another ten years, twenty at the most.

I learned to type on a typewriter. Nostalgia is a huge waste of time.

>common sense and rational thought is amazing

>Nostalgia is a huge waste of time.
Agreed, but we don't really control when or how we feel it. It just happens.

Don't let marketing fool you into buying products you wouldn't buy otherwise by manipulating your nostalgia, though.

Exactly, one saturday I'm watching the morning cartoon lineup and playing street hockey. Fast forward a few years and I'm spending my saturdays at my buddy's house playing MechAssault on x-box live. Fast forward a few more years we have WoW in full swing. Few more years and we have the first smartphones. Like wtf

Marketing is mind control. You think it doesn't control your actions, but it does. The ones you notice are there for you to notice, so you'll think "it doesn't effect me".

loved those as a kid.

still by them from time to time; there's a nostalgia candy store here that sells those and all the other classics.

want to hear some PC bullshit? they made them stop putting the red tips on because that made it too much like a real cigarette

>MechAssault
My guy.
This user isn't wrong. Always ask why the major superstores you go to are either all blue or all red.

Sure, I guess. I don't think nostalgia manipulation is just a red herring considering how well it seems to work on so many people, though. We all see the people who clap in a movie theater every time they see something they recognize from their childhoods. Let's not be like them, at least. Even if we do still eat fast food and drink soda.

Censorship back then was more a conservative Christian mom thing. Nowadays it's fueled by leftist outrage. It's like everything switched.

the flavor changes but at their core both parties are authoritarian and corporatist. there's just not a lot of support against the government and corporations oppressing you, the divisions are just over minor sub-issues, neither party nor most people want liberty, just to oppress in different ways

How was the 90's not great? Serbia removed kebabs in the 90's

Because N64 and AIM, d00d

Milosevic was a faggot

how could anyone not be nostaligic for this

Nah just think about it.
Music wasn't entirely trash. . .
>Now it pretty much is.
TV was great! Epic sitcoms, Even more epic cartoons.
>Now we don't watch it.
Remember all the stupid awesome food?
>Ok it's still here but we got it then.
The fucking internet went mobile.
>Now it's better but... magic is gone.

i remember when aim first came out... we raced to get the 3chars.. i always wondered if the hacked 2chars from AOL made it onto AIM. the signup for aim had a bug that let you bypass the naughty name filter, though they got term'd really quick.

AOL was where it was fucking AT tho. their opssec team knew me by name i caused so much chaos. could tell stories for days of exploiting their internal language, FDO. scanned the whole network- every form, every file library, invoking them by code bypassed restrictions meaning all staff stuff was there for the taking.
their sysadmin accounts, internals we called them, had 2FA even back then- a SecurID, a beeper sized device that displayed a rotating security code. Bypassed that too, term'd my enemies accounts, terrorized chat rooms.. oh they loved me

Food was loaded with more unsafe and fun to eat chemicals. And sometimes feces.

Compared to the shit-hell we're living now, the 90s were great if you were an adult. Employment was very low, Clinton was rocking blowjobs and trolling conservatives, no wars under Clinton, 75-cent gasoline for a while. You could quit a job on Monday and be hired again in the same field with a pay raise by Wednesday at the latest. Didn't need this faggoo Sup Forums horseshit; we had usenet motherfuckers.

Then the repubs stole the 2000 election and the muslims took over, which led to the supreme cuckold ever to walk the Earth, Donnie Trump. End of story.

Does everyone live in a state where the present isn't that great but we think the past and the future are better even though they're the same?

You think that's changed since then?

A C I D.
W A S H.
J E A N S.

the 90s were objectively the best time to grow up. i pity anyone born after 1992 or before 1980 for their childhood either had no freedom (born later) or no way-of-life changing technology (born earlier)

Probably more feces. I know a lot of the fun chemicals were nixed by the FDA by around 2004, speaking with respect to North America. That being said, we still have a few remaining, and a few new fun potentially unsafe chemicals to consume today.

Gotta get all those hormones and steroids into you.

i was born in the 90s

the 90s was so great im still discovering new shit

youtube.com/watch?v=o2s4qsyr7aA

It wasn't that grest, for YOU, op

times were simpler then

Pretty much. Back then, people took for granted everything that was great about that time period and were nostalgic for the 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s.

which means you weren't even 10 before they ended, so you wouldn't remember it much

>not remembering being 6-9
I mean, if you did drugs, sure.

Music like this just still hasnt been topped

youtube.com/watch?v=LaTGrV58wec

Fukking
S E I N F E L D
bitches.

you remember a bit, sure, but not like when you're 10-18.. those are the years you remember well and determine who you really are. you're a 2000s kid.

Anyone who remembers the '60s wasn't really there.

remember when Mark Wahlberg was a rapper from the streets

youtube.com/watch?v=oDB06Shv8zY

I don't think that's true. I grew up in the 80s and it was great. You could get away with a LOT back then. We had fun.

Music wasn't entirely trash. . .
>said every generation
TV was great! Epic sitcoms, Even more epic cartoons.
>said every generation (I think TV in the 60's and now were WAY better than the 90s.)
The fucking internet went mobile.
>dumb

When people get nostalgic about the 60s, it's usually over the music, drugs, and hippie culture.

What you mean to say is that if you were born in the 90s, you didn't come of age in the 90s, and so you aren't a 90s kid. Unless you're also saying that early childhood has zero influence on you before you hit puberty, and then later get kicked out of the house.

It's not as if I only have one memory of ages 4 to 11, and then suddenly I have an entire repository of ages 12 and up. I'm about sure someone born in 1990 could remember the tail end of the 90s.

No one will ever make music this good again

youtube.com/watch?v=Pav2f4b-1ZE&feature=youtu.be

I can't tell if you're joking

I dread the idea of going to a club. but if they played this music id be all over the dance floor.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_ppF2yK4NM

There are quite a few shit DJs who still work this garbage into their mix.

Is it bad that I'm old enough to remember when there wasn't a publicly available internet?

Why would that be bad?

Close but not quite. More accurate:

youtu.be/hTWKbfoikeg

thats another thing that was done well in the 90s. every radio station was distinct, they had tv shows for every demographic. mainstream culture now is so micro focused for a one size fits all when it came to entertainment all the radio stations play the same exact songs.

You know what the other 90s sound is?
youtube.com/watch?v=YmHziduwBgI

How the hell did we ever accomplish anything? My parents had World Book Encyclopedias so we could do book reports and crap. We had gigantic folding maps to figure out what road to take to get to someone's house. Seems like the dark ages now.

Because they're young fags

Fellow oldfag here. I also remember there being no internet. Then there was - and my whole life changed. fap fap fap fap fap fap

I accidentally the video I posted
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1nCe-2Cuo

My friend whos older than me was in high school in the 90s, (I was like 3)
He said people were either into rap like eminem or grunge/rock like nirvana.

Record producers found a formula for producing music that is somewhat appealing to a very wide demographic but directly appealing to almost no one. They now refuse to produce anything that doesn't fit that formula. For years people have been saying that the ease of self-publishing on the internet will make it easier for independent artists to reintroduce diversity, but so far the good stuff just seems to get lost in all the noise.

The fuck are you talking about? If youre mid 20's like me, then you were probably a care free kid in the 90's. Everything is new and different. The music you hear is incredible and fresh. The jokes you hear are hilarious and original.

Fast forward to now and it sounds like every song has been played before in some way. Jokes you hear from your friends and family, you've probably heard before, and now you gotta actually slave away doing shit you dont wanna do for money.

I dont miss the 90's. I miss being a kid in the 90's

>R&B
>Ska
Hahahaha, Ska.
>I secretly liked Ska as a guilty pleasure

Still same quality just harder to not get bath salts

heres some 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=CNFLNgiDcwk

Eminem? I graduated high school in 2000 and don't remember that at all. Slim Shady LP didn't even come out until 99.