Would Sup Forums be interested if I started an ambient & drone general?...

Would Sup Forums be interested if I started an ambient & drone general?? Would be cool to see more specific generals other than Shoegaze, Metal, and KPop

Personally no but this board should be 90% generals. Every thread should be made to hit bump limit.

Yeah do it that sounds dope.

no, more generals is the last thing we need. Generals destroy actual conversation and branching. If you want generals youre better off going to reddit where every board is a rolling general

Yeah, generals are great. They encourage actual conversation and branching

I'm on the fence when it comes to generals. On the one hand they ruin branching, but on the other hand they promote actual conversation.

Wtf how? This is such bullshit. Give me an example.

But generals are where all of the conversations are. The other threads are just chart threads with zero conversation and meme threads. Also what do you mean by branching?

What is this whole anti-branching garbage? Give me an example.

it would probably be 90% the same several albums posted and memed over and over again

That's what you get if you post asking for ambient or drone recs but with generals you get regular posters that discourage the posting of entry level music

It's a conspiracy. They're conferring with each other. Gee I wonder what it's a conspiracy of. I can't imagine.

Yes. I have dreamed of this for some time.

Start it up!!!

I thought tou were replying to a different post.

It is in a certain "demographics" interest to have a shitload of new threads and cycle through the entire board in about 2 hours the vast majority of the time.

And I think it's not even about the discouragement but each thread can hold about 400 posts so it doesn't really hurt anything.

>Would be cool to see more specific generals other than Shoegaze, Metal, and KPop
No it wouldn't
Generals are cancer, they're only good as containment threads

How are they cancer? Incessant shit post threads are cancer.

>>>

he's only gone and done it, the absolute madman

Yeah we're not blind. How could you miss it with all those YouTube links. What a shit OP

For branching and actual conversation they're pretty good, I'd say.

We need a janitor willing to move OP thread posts into general posts if thats even possible. Otherwise it's futile. I guess it cpuldnt hurt but still. There is a literal conspiracy to basically destroy this board.

And destroy is the wrong word

Consume

Takeover which has literally already happened. There's basically no getting it back without drastic severe measures.

Generals are cancer you fucking moron

Go to /metal/ and see how much of it is actual discussion, and how much of it is calling things nu-male.

Yeah, because metal is immature as fuck

Typical nu-male whining. /metal/ is by very far the most successful this board has ever had. Well besides kpop. That is the reason metal is the way it is now. It became too successful. Besides just because it's frustrating doesn't mean it's ruined. Each thread Can hold about 400 posts. If that's consistently just calling people my make then that's actually impressive and mane I should check it out more.

Wow nice literal shit post faggot

Be honest, are you still a teen?

>Generals are cancer you fucking moron
Sure, kpop and grimes generals are. I doubt ambient/drone general would be.

That was a literal shit post. Just calling it cancer adds nothing to the discussion.

Nice ageism faggot

Kpop literally saved this board. Never forget. This entire board is cancer compared to kpop. Sad but true.

There used to be lots of ambient/drone threads when I first came here and they were always pretty nice.

>ageism

I mean, they don't go out of their way to clutter the board with kpop threads besides the general. The same can't be said about Grimes threads.

Basically if you think that if a thread doesn't get a reply for 2 hours then it should be deleted then everything's fine. Sometimes it can even be as little as 90 minutes. That's what generals alleviate. The actual literal tidal wave of cancer that is new threads.

That's bullshit, if you want to start a thread about a specific album or artist or narrow theme or whatever you should be free to do so.

No you literally shouldn't. You should have EVERY shread of freedom stripped away from you because you simply cannot handle it.

/pajcg/ - post-avant jazzcore general