How much of this do you think is gonna be presets?

how much of this do you think is gonna be presets?

>stock ableton
>stockableton
>stockbleton
>stockleton
>stocketon
>stockton

Don't know don't care.

Does anyone have real opinions on steroids other than "muh shitty presets." This shit is wicked but I haven't seen much discussion on it

Who fucking cares? It's good, just enjoy it for what it is.

THE AUDIENCE SHOULD CARE ABOUT HOW GLASSY THE CLAVE IS!!!

>death grips
>good

Reminder that these threads serve to highlight the blaten sexism and hypocrisy that occur on this board.

Remember when people said Grimes was a hack for using presets?

Loved it

shut up meg

>you
>good taste

Trips make it true but they don't make dg good

btfo with trips

Feels sort of bland and as if it is compensating by being hectic and fast, rather than being intricate and layered.

I've listened to it many times by now, and revisiting it, doesn't feel like I'm wowed by anything, any details or hearing things I didn't before. It's very straight forward, the hyper speed of it sort of give the illusion that there is a lot going on, but there isn't.

I mean I know NOTM gets circlejerked here, but that album truly never stops giving, I have no idea how many times I've listened to it over the years, more than 200 for sure, but just yesterday on the bus hearing songs on it again it's like I'm hearing it for the first time again and I'm blown away every time by how detailed it really is.

That album has been the most rewarding thing to listen to in their entire discography, and there isn't even any competition. That's what I want from DG. Albums like NOTM and GP, where the more you listen, the more you get out of it. I don't want the instant gratification of Jenny Death, Bottomless Pit and Steroids, that doesn't last past a week, it gets boring so fast.

If you don't like a single Death Grips song, you just have shit taste. They have a pretty varied discography.

>They have a pretty varied discography
varied shit is still shit
but I agree that they have 2-3 good songs

Oh yeah NOTM is their best imo totally agree

And I get the issues you have I can't argue it too much but that instantaneous feeling is sort of what makes dg dg. Listening to something like steroids makes my blood rush like no other and I just want to fuckimg lose it. It feels like being on drugs

But it is just kind of a quickie of a release, I'll be waiting for the finished album

been listening to them since 2014
all that angry shit gets boring so fast, their overall sound is also kind of dated now
I still enjoy GP an NOTM though, not as much as on the first listen, but they still make me want to dance

This

Some of the material on Steroids is probably the closest we're ever going to get NOTM again.

Holy fuck.

You made this fucking thread again? Is this the brand new epin meme?

Jesus man. Like goddamn. Get over it. People like something you don't.

t. The guy who makes the ableton preset sounds

Steroids sounded stale to me too. They should do something fresh soon, I don't want the dudes to fade and end that run

But this thread is criticizing death grips

who fucking cares if its presets

do you know how easy it is to twist dials and mess with the settings on a synth? it's no effort at all. that's time better spent on the arrangement design and production you mongoloids.

Yeah I agree Steroids sounds a bit empty. I'm hoping it's because these are far from done but who knows. I don't necessarily want DG to end but I really want Zach Hill to start branching out again and make another solo album.

this.

steroids is essentially an EP tbf so you cant expect album quality work throughout

Yeah that's true. I wasn't badly disappointed or anything I actually enjoyed a couple tracks a lot.

Lol