Ask a schizophrenic anything

ask a schizophrenic anything

>please do, I'm bored

*Rees softly*

Are you an alcohol?

No. I rarely enjoy alcohol and only in social settings.

are u a faggot ?

Are you a driver?

Do you realize your delusions are fake?

As far as being OP goes yes, but I'm not a homosexual.

not a faggot but stil fucked up in brain, strange...

OP is faggot
Since OP is always automatically faggot

I'm not a computer driver, no, also, I never learned how to drive, but in my rather small european city I live in it isn't that important and I did never really need to learn it. Maybe someday I will.

Not while they are happening and still now medicated and in hindsight I'm on the fence about it, they might were real, might weren't, I'm agnostic about it I guess.

Have you tried lsd/shrooms?

The driver was an alcohol.

Never did them, but psychosis to me itself, from what I read from acid trip reports, feels kinda like a trip on shrooms/lsd on a very high dosis, only that you haven't taken any drugs and that it lasts for months without any way to come down from it.

With having had this experience twice in my life, I'm not keen on tripping this soon again, and I only take drugs not to trip, not the other way around.

Im interested, bump

Can we be dating, also do you eat ass??? :3

italy

Interesting, I was gonna ask if they exacerbated your symptoms. I messed around with psychs a lot in my teens and I felt like it was bringing out some form of psychosis or schizophrenia. I haven't taken any in some time but I think some voices are here to stay now. They rarely speak up, no full blown conversations at the moment.

favourite touhou?

what meds are you on right now, what have you taken, what illegal drugs do you take and why, at what age did it break through and how do you cope

You voted for Trump, didn't you?

Not italy.
>eat ass
no. other than that yes. after years of feeling to fucked up for dating and dealing with my own problems I'm feeling sane enough for putting myself out there again.

It started with me being depressed and going into mindfulness meditation and smoking too much weed. Thought it would help with dealing with my depression but I got psychotic instead. I don't smoke weed anymore.

>please do, I'm bored
Could this be the reason for your schizophrenia.
Do something useful retard! Do Sports go outside. Enjoy nature etc.

>touhou
never heard of it

Do you watch The Amazing World of Gumball?

No shit huh. What were some of the first signs you noticed that it was real and there to stay?

35 mg (read very high dosis) of abilify, never taken any other meds than abilify but went as low as 2.5 mg once which ended in another psychosis, I don't take any illegal drugs anymore but I smoked weed when I was younger which helped triggering my first and second psychosis, broke out when I was 24, and I cope with the great support of my friends and family, with holding down a job that gives me daily structure, taking my meds religiously and seeing my psych once a month.

Not merrican, and no, wouldn't have voted for him, but then again, killary was a fucked up choice too, you merritards need to get a better system going that allows you to choose from more than just two fucked up choices. See direct democracy like in my country for reference.

lets play a game
leak your ex gf
>ʂŋąPƈɧąɬყ.ɱɛ
thank me later

An schizophrenic confirmed for being more realistic than americans.

It's 1.may, so I don't have to go to work, but the weather is shitty so me and my friends don't go barbecuing like we usually do on this day. Also I don't think you get schizo by being bored.

no.

Is this all in your head? Is Sup Forums even real? Am I you?

Great thread op

Well, sounds like me. But unlike you, I still smoke weed on a daily basis and endure some form of psychosis atleast once a year. This for the past 6 years now. I have a job in IT, i make a good buck, I enjoy what I do and it gives me motivation, structure and the social context needed for a more healthy life in general.

I was diagnosed Paranoid schizophrenic at age 19. Before that ADHD, aspergers, ocd, some anxiety, antisocial persontality and whatnot.

Great thread op

First psychosis was so sudden, I went full blown psychotic so quick and back then I thought I was finally cured of depression, and immortal, and God.. nothing wrong with me there, everyone else was insane, and I was the chosen one to cure them all.

Only after being admitted to the mental health clinic, after the meds kicked in, well after being released actually, still insane, about two weeks later when the meds really kicked in, I realized that this was schizophrenia and that I just had a psychosis.

No questions.
Just well wishes, my man.

Some good questions my dear figment of my imagination.

Hey actually I just thought of a question.

If I was gong to write a schizophrenic character what would be a good reference?

I agree with me.

I think you should do lots of research first to get this illness the right way. Shutter island is quite a good depiction of it, as far as a movie allows you to get it across.

You can also do lots of research on the internet. schizophrenia.com would be a good start, they also have a forum with lots of schizos in there, so read through lots of material posted on there first, before you start writing.

You probably wouldn't have to endure psychosis once a year if you quit smoking weed, ever thought of that?

But if it works out for you and you can keep down your job and social life despite psychosis once a year, then good for you.

There are a few types of "schizophrenia"

The public view is a split of mind, which is a litteral translation from schizo - phrenia. This is not true and has been documented as split personality disorder. Although most people know so little about schizophrenia... they will assume its something in the lines of that.

Theres the biological approach to schizophrenia which focuses on brain chemistry and neurotransmission ultimatly leading to conciousness and behaviour as seen in humans. Typical approaches are the dopamine hypothesis. Early research in nazi times and even later then that leaded to very cruel 'treatments' that were given to innocent patients, just like a transorbital lobotomy etc.

Then theres the spiritual perspective which focuses on the inner and the soul in context with its surroundings and nature. For instance in india it is perfectly 'normal' to be a little schizo.

I'm sorry for my bad english

You're not SchizOP. SchizOP is best OP

Ty user
thx

Do you get a goodnight sleep sometimes?

Does this picture anger you ?

slovakia?

All the time, although I have very lucid and vivid dreams, but pleasant ones usually.

no.

i'm coming for you :)

>not slovakia

anyway, sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep, I'm either hearing voices, like random sentences, or sometimes it's complete gibberish. another weird thing about me is that when I'm alone (which happens a lot, thank god), I act out imagined or already happened situations by actually saying sentences out loud, and making hand gestures and shit. am I fucked? Do you have something like this?

btw I'm not from slovakia either, so I'll just keep guessing. Prague?

Sounds like a shit deal, OP. I've got the lesser form of schizophrenia, cloudy random thoughts but no hallucinations and some weak meds keep it in check. It was still enough to derail my youth mind you, but it's hardly a disability itself.

Just sounds like hypnagogia, lots of people get that without being schizo. Also talking to yourself out loud isn't something associated with schizo, as long as you are talking to yourself and not some spirits or whatnot you should be fine.

Not prague either, which also isn't a country. You can accurately guess the country I'm from by reading through this thread btw, not many countries have the political system in place that mine's having.

That's good to hear, thanks OP.

ya, I know it's not a country, I was trying to be more specific, because you said you live in a City, where it's not that necessary to drive.

I think I'm too lazy to read through the whole thing tbh. best of luck OP.

thanks user. also switzerland.

sounds cool. do you like living there?

very much. nice city life and in the summer you can go into the alps to enjoy the nice mountains. also good social security and healthcare, comes in very handy if you have to live with schizo.

I actually have relatives living there, I might try to lure them into tolerating me for a week or so in the summer lol.

What draws people with mental health issues to Sup Forums?

nice. if you do make sure to take a hike in the mountains. if you do in the berner oberland you might come across a little hut full of drunken idiots, and you can have a beer on me.

I've been here before the breakout of my illness, but I guess it's because people on here tend to be fucked up in the head one way or another.

What keeps you from killing yourself?

Computers don't even need drivers anymore now that we got internets

is that pic OC? fucking nice. looks really chill. and thanks user, we might have a beer soon.

Have you ever written anything that made it to mainstream? poems, music, Movies, TV shows anything. Have you ever invented anything that came into common use or was sold commercially?

I have a job, social life, friends and family, a nice pc and the internet. It's a decent life, despite psychosis once in a while. And even that, while incredible exhausting for both mind and body, is kinda awesome in its own way.

Become a ninja desu

yeah that's oc, from infront my little mountain hut. I go there to chill out every summer.

only things I have written are in german and about my psychosis, but I never felt about sharing it because it is too personal.

Am I asking you or the other voices in your head?

We found the killer ma'am

I have co founded a company once that I'm not particulary proud of. Had to sell all assets to it though after my first psychosis as I couldn't work for it any longer, and it was kind of a shady business, at least it developed into one.

I kind of regret that decision now and then as the assets are worth a lot of money today, but it's much better for my conscience.

Thanks.
FYI I suffer from depression, psychosis and schizophrenia. It's getting better with time.

what do your delusions include?
Do you hear voices? What do they say?
Do they sound like you speaking in different tone or people you know?

>what do your delusions include?
it gets complicated but in a nutshell: waking up from reality to a higher state of reality as the chosen one to get others to share the same experience. to use a metaphor, feels like we are all playing a giant mmorpg and I'm awakening to that fact that I'm only playing a character in my client, and I just opened the developer console trying to unlock all kinds of cheats and ultimately god mode.
>Do you hear voices? What do they say?
yes but more thought voices that feel like telepathy than audible ones. They say that I'm the chosen one to save humanity.
>Do they sound like you speaking in different tone or people you know?
I also had visions or let's say, states of mind that I can't distinguish from reality where I spoke to people that I know, only that they weren't there, as it turned out later. But most times during psychosis it feels like my voices are either my higher self (god) or spirits, the source coders of reality and masters of causality communicating with me, as I'm convinced off while being psychotic.

Other delusion that is very present is delusion of reference, everything speaks to me or off me during these psychotic times, the world becomes an open book for me to read, everything, people on tv, text in books, songs on the radio, graffities on the walls, guide me, speak to me or off me, guiding me into the right direction to walk during my adventure to save humanity, giving me little quests to solve, testing me, etc..

In a nutshell, its a gigantic mindboggling mindfuck.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

sounds terrifying and fun at the same time, thanks for the answers user

I'll give you a serious answer.
I enjoy being alive very much. If possible I want to live forever, and I hope some aspects of my (religious) delusions were true in nature and some of the promises made to me during psychosis are too and that I'm indeed immortal in essence.

what were you promised if it's not too much to ask?

Immortal life in some sort of heaven. Actually I was told there would be two kinds of heavens, one shared world where I would be able to live with my loved ones, friends and family, and one separate realm where all my wishes come true, hedonistic heaven where I have complete control over everything and am basically god of this personal cosmos. I could switch between those two realms at will.

But because this sounds way too much like ultimate fulfillment of my deepest fantasies, I'm quite skeptical of that. I just hope the one promise, that I get to live on with my friends and family in some form even after death hold up true.

It's funny cause I was never religious in my life before my psychosis, I was raised as an atheist, but this experience turned me around quite a bit.

How are you guys all doing?

see
>The public view is a split of mind, which is a litteral translation from schizo - phrenia. This is not true and has been documented as split personality disorder. Although most people know so little about schizophrenia... they will assume its something in the lines of that.