SCAM ON LIVE TELEVISION

does anybody know more cases of live television scam?

youtube.com/watch?v=nzNMCXWCZzQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bQoNWw0G2AY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How about Regis talking Norm out of the million dollar answer? That was a scam.

Memorizing patterns is not scamming. It's being smarter than the system

How is this a scam?

literally any game show in any country.
the biggest one i've encountered was deal or no deal.

Any "psychic medium" channel on TV

Housewives and gays still have much to answer for

>akward
Oh dear.

Easily explained by using old footage.

Naw.

He literally did nothing wrong. You can't design a game with glaring flaws and then cry when someone exploits them.

seanbaby's article on that is hillarious

i seem to remember bill murray was supposed to play this guy in a movies that never got made

>1:21:53

Why?

Every news media and every government has lied to the people, about a large thing at least once in their history.

If your spouse lied to you about cheating on you, how would you react?
If your doctor lied to you about your medication, how would you react?
If your car dealer lied to you about the car he sold you, how would you react?

In each of those three examples, would you continue to trust that person and use their advice, or services?

It needlessly includes the whole original episode and a lot of other bullshit.

What should have been maybe twenty minutes is stretched out way too far.

Paul Michael Larson[3] (May 10, 1949 – February 16, 1999) was a contestant on the American television game show Press Your Luck in 1984. Larson is notable for winning $110,237 (equivalent to $251,000 in 2015)[4] in cash and prizes, at the time the largest one-day total ever won on a game show. He was able to win by memorizing the patterns used on the Press Your Luck game board.

Originally from southwestern Ohio, Larson used his cash winnings for taxes and real estate investments. However, he also had problems with the law and was involved in illegal schemes.[3] As a result, Larson lost all of his winnings within two years of the show's taping and moved to Florida, where he later died of throat cancer at the age of 49. Since his death in 1999, Larson's game has re-aired on TV at various times and inspired the 2003 Game Show Network documentary Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal.

>scam

I'm not sure you know what a scam is,

>Larson began recording episodes of Press Your Luck shortly after its premiere on CBS in September 1983. While watching, he had noticed that the randomizer that moved the light indicator around the eighteen square "Big Board" had five patterns it followed. Larson began trying to memorize these patterns, as he believed he could predict when and where the randomizer would land. As he got the patterns down, Larson began playing along with the Big Board rounds to put his hypothesis to the test; he did this by pausing the tape at various intervals with his VCR's remote control.[3]

That was overblown

This wasn't really a scam though. The dude just figured out their system by watching the show a lot. Obviously CBS was completely ass blasted over all of the money they lost, so they portray it as a "scam". This dude beat your lame ass game. Period.

It's not.

I'm currently watching it and like the first ten minutes are absolutely nothing but relatives of him saying that he was a strange guy and shit.

It was pretty fucked up but it wasn't a scam. Norm thought Regis knew the answers and was fishing for reactions the entire game. Regis doesn't know shit and he's insanely cautious about losing money so of course he was going to tell Norm to walk away with his winnings and not risk them at the end. Norm should have went with his gut instinct and took the chance instead of thinking he could read Regis by that point.

what is this picture even trying to convey? holy shit 9/11 truthers are stupid

They make it out like he's some fucking serial killer.

watch the documentary An Honest Liar, it's about a guy who debunked TV con men. Pretty interesting.

Randi is based

Whatever, I found the whole thing interesting and entertaining, watching it in real time just adds to the imagination of what was going through everyone's mind as it happened.

Yeah it's absurd, the guy did nothing wrong.

WHO WANTS TO BE A MULLIONARE

youtu.be/bQoNWw0G2AY

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING LONG

It seems interesting but it is moving at a glacial fucking pace, feels like it could have been 30 minutes long

That the government fed a timeline to the news and bbc fucked up and released some info before they shouldve.

Bill Murray? Terrible casting. Billy Bob Thorton is clearly the choice to play that guy.

>If your car dealer lied to you about the car he sold you, how would you react?
They all do. I used to work for one. They're extremely sleazy.

It was originally a TV special. They needed to fill time.

Personally, I found the most amazing thing that he spent his entire savings on a ticket from Ohio to LA all on the chance he would get approved to go on the show. I mean, yeah, he's got ton's on on self made screen energy but what else about him screams "TV star"?

>what is this picture even trying to convey?

I guess you're too young to remember when this happened. The BBC reported the WTC 7 had been destroyed. This was before it happened.

They weren't using old footage. They reported it before it happened.

I can't watch more than 5 minutes of this. They are talking about him like he's some maniac who snapped and killed a bunch of people, like he did something wrong. Hour and a half smear campaign because he outsmarted their shitty show? What a stupid video.

>'I just wanna say that if there's a god up there I'd just say; watch your Pockets because of Michael.'
>'Well, he may not be up above...'

SAVAGE

At the end they all kind of admit that he did nothing wrong and they all seem to have a kind of respect for him.

Still really weird how it starts out painting him in this overly negative light.

>Still really weird how it starts out painting him in this overly negative light.

How often do you see any kind of documentary that really puts someone on a pedestal and keeps them there? No human being will ever stand up to that kind of torture test - when you're on top, everyone else wants to tear you down, that's basically how it goes.

No scam here, the guy just picked up on something nobody else noticed - oddly enough within like 30 seconds of watching this video mockumentary I picked up on a pattern on the board, I just didn't go as far as he took it.

In later parts in the video I knew what was coming up on the board and when to hit to get a winning non-whammy selection and did it several times without fail.

Just rote memorization at work on his part, no different than counting cards in Blackjack (not a crime, never has been, never will be, it's a skill like any other) - the problem is when you find such flaws (their random pattern generator just had too low a threshold before it repeated and he picked up on it) they meaning those who offer you the game and set the rules of it don't like it very much when you're able to win because you picked up on those flaws.

This guy was an hero, too bad he did stupid shit after his 15 minutes of fame were up.