What exactly is considered rich in first world countries? at what point is someone rich?

what exactly is considered rich in first world countries? at what point is someone rich?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qXTmAkJKikI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when you have enoguh money to hire a hitman

It depends, an Africa if you can have constant water and are wearing any other than some hand knitted price of shit. In South America it's if you kill someone and have the resources and abilities to get away with it

When you have a house and a wife you love

$100,000,000
Anything less is either temporary wealth or limited wealth. But to truly do rich people shit like trips, sports games and yachts without still having a job and for longer than 5-10 years you need at least 9 figures...

kill yourself, faggot

When you have a selection of family and friends who love and support you.

rich isn't a mathematical term, so there is no exact number. But the median household income for the US is about $50,000/yr. So anything substantially above that in income or comparable level of wealth would usually be considered rich.

The point at which you can buy luxury items without needing to check your bank balance first

When you shit in a golden toilet

When someone on the street can snatch a $10 note from your hand and it's not worth the effort to chase him.

When they can afford to buy the presidency

Rich is having your net worth be 2((your age) x (your annual income) x (.1) )

Don't shoot the messenger, you know it's the painful truth

I have no debt, no dependents, and a job that gives me money. That should be about right.

Those that base their answer on a money quantity are wrong IMHO.

You can consider yourself rich when you have the freedom to use your time at your will.

I live in the dirty south and here as long as you live in a home that's valued somewhere around 700k you will be widely acknowledged as rich (750k buys you one hell of a fucking house out here in the boondocks)

In the south there are hitmen operating for less than 1k

This

Shut up dogger, who wants a dog house?

Poorfag here
Totes capable of living the entirety of my life (whilst having bountiful fun, and taking vacations) with less than 15% of that

Honestly this is a good outlook and the dude isn't wrong
For the sake of argument we will all his $10 note a $20

When Charlie Sheen says you are excessive.

It's not though ha I never thought I'd be telling someone to check their privilege
Some families get by on less than 20k a year and a lot people only live into their late 20s/early 30s

People that say that are either rainbow shitting hippies or already rich

He's right, you know. Currently, I have 700k€ and I'm not rich at all.

When you can afford a brand new Mercedes-Benz or a BMW.

LOL. Even the cheapest lowlife can achieve that!

Anh... I make 150k or so a year, have about 500k in savings, and another couple hundred in equity in my houses. Many in the US would call this wealthy, and maybe it's because I had nothing as a kid, I feel like I will never be sufficiently well-off.

TL;DR It's completely subjective, since we're universally fairly high on the hierarchy of needs here in the US.

Lol, I'm not rich just saying. Yeah you can retire on way less than that but hence the LIMITED statement. If you're willing to live in a nice home and drive nice cars yeah. But if you want the massive mansion on the beach with maids and lambos and yachts and first class, five star hotel trips around the world whenever you want that's where you gotta start and since Western culture ONLY views wealth by material capability and not happiness or comfort, that's where the number came from

this mentality makes me want to move out of the US.

its when you don't have the risk dying from not working

happy labour day

Can you lend me £20 for gas

Kids with no responsibilities can do this... try again.

This is stupid, if I had disposable income of that magnitude I would check even more than if i didn't.

Need to see levels of expenditure weighed against net profit.
Am i spending more than i am earning?
This is why people go broke after winning the lottery cuz the Ogliarchy stays the Ogliarchy by brainwashing you that the american dream is SPEND SPEND SPEND FEED ME SEYMOUR.

Invest, Gain then spend

That's not 'rich', that's 'comfortable'.

If you feel the need to split hairs about how rich actually counts as rich in order to protect your fragile psyche, then I have good news.

What? I'm a poorfag, just pointing out that not dying of starvation if you lose your job doesn't make you 'rich'.

Top 1% in the US starts at $450,000 annual income or $7 million in assets.

This question is an excellent troll simply because usage of the word 'rich' is entirely subjective and relative. You're asking people to drop a hard boundary onto a sliding scale.

When you can buy two dollars for a dollar

I would say around 150k-200k a year would be the threshold in america.

>Ogliarchy

Close but no cigar.

Also lotto winners spend all their money because that don't know how to invest or save or anything that actually helps you keep your wealth. Because they're the sort of people who spend their extra cash on lottery tickets.

Generally $5 million gets you into rich territory. This is enough for someone to live comfortably without working. $10 million is the next tier where you can have a fairly luxurious lifestyle without work. Anything over $50 million and money really doesn't restrict the activities most people are interested in.

Of course there are numerous examples of athletes, lottery winners etc. blowing through oodles of cash and ending up destitute so ymmv.

Someone is rich if they have substantially more than you. It's also a function of your age, responsibilities and what you desire. There's an old joke that the man with 8 kids is richer than a man with $8 million because the man with kids doesn't want anymore.

q youtu.be/qXTmAkJKikI

When you don't flinch at the mention of guard being extra.

Guac

Post your PayPal address.