Hes just the governor 2.0

hes just the governor 2.0.

Not as smart or subtle as The Governor, but more entertaining.

Should've cast Joe Rogan to really make me think

The Governor was fucking awesome. I have high hopes for Neegan.

Dude is too old to play Negan.

>smart and subtle
>literally cartoon villain with an eyepatch

>implying JDM isn't perfect

fuck you millennial

>actually organised effectively and thriving
>4 or 5 steps ahead of everyone in planning
>not a retard prone to murderous psychotic breaks
>funny
>genuinely charismatic

Negan's the GOAT Walking Dead "villain." A million times better characterised, competent, and intelligent than Mr. "Let us in your prison or we'll chop grandpa's head off" Governor.

>bat looks brand new
it's the apocalypse and that's his main weapon, why?

Maybe he's just right. Give it time to watch the season in it's entirety.

>Dude is too old to play Negan.
Totes, girlfriend! They should've cast Matt Smith!

The Governor was the worst fucking plotline. It almost killed the series for me.

Negan is way smarter than the Governor.

The Governor was a fucking unhinged nutjob who could barely control himself. Negan has his shit together, even more than Rick does. He's basically the good guy here.

nope

he's a joke

nah, hes right

he looks rather feeble and weak, like he's about 60

TWD is mostly shit but I'll admit it has pretty great and effective villains. The Governor was entertainingly crazy and killed lots of characters, Terminus dude was a weird hipster cannibal, and Negan brutally kills two major characters in just his introduction.

>best actor for a given role is dictated by looks
Kill yourself pleb

Negan was supposed to look like a verile monster. Fuck you moron.

701:
Abraham is Lucille'd by Negan. He was the one killed at the end of 616.

At some point, Daryl tries to fight Negan/the Saviors (he jumps out of line). Daryl is subdued. Instead of killing Daryl, Negan decides to take Daryl back with him to Sanctuary. But, to save face with his men, Negan kills Glenn (after all "First one's free") with Lucille. It is not known why Negan spares Daryl, but it likely has something to do with Negan realizing Daryl's place in the group (Rick's "brother"/right hand man?).

At some point (I assume after Glenn is already dead but I am not entirely sure), Negan roughs up Rick, then drags him into the RV and takes him on a road trip to the spot where the Saviors hung the man with the spray-painted "X". Rick's hatchet and a machine gun are involved in the scenes in the RV and the log/hanging man location.

It's suspected Rick and Negan have a scuffle in the RV at some point. Rick's hatchet is involved. Rick most likely sees it in the RV and tries to take a crack at Negan. This could be in homage to Negan's line to Rick after the Lucille'ing in the comic, daring Rick to drive his ax into his face.

Walkers were spotted at this location (most likely attracted to the fire); it's suspected Rick has to fight some (so he leaves the RV at some point).

We know during this RV adventure, Negan psychologically tortures Rick.

Throughout the episode, Rick has flashes of the group happy and together in a sort of "future flash" that includes Glenn and Maggie's child.

By the end of the episode, it is clear that Negan owns Rick and the group. Rick is broken. The Saviors kindly give Rick back to the RV to use, but it is clear the RV is not theirs anymore.

The point totally flew over your head. Characters. Are. Not. Dictated. By. Looks. Negan has an extremely similar personality and outlook to The Comedian in Watchmen, I guarantee you that's what landed him this role.

The problem isn't him being too old, the problem is his statue.

He should've buffed up like he did for the Comedian in Watchmen. He looked like some guy you'd find in Starbucks sipping on a Chai Latte while writing a screenplay on his Macbook in the last season finale.

>The problem isn't him being too old, the problem is his statue.

Pic related. Negan is supposed to be physically intimidating.

That kind of sucks if thats true. Kirkman said that he regretted killing Abraham in the comics, which is why I thought they gave his death to that lesbian chick. Figured he would have stuck around a bit longer on the show because of that. Then again having those 2 long time characters would be even more impactful than just one, so I'm happy with that I suppose.

they ruined negan by making everybody leading up to negan act like negan.

He is like a really shit older Joey from Friends

It's funny that people actually thought Negan was going to be like his comic version.

There's absolutely no way this would happen unless it was on HBO. For some reason, swear words are worse than gruesome death, decapitations and smearing bloody guts all over yourself.

>The Governor ruled through deception
>Negan rules through fear
>The Governor's downfall was getting bit in the ass by the dark secrets he tried to keep hidden from the people he led, who thought he was a good man
>Negan leaves the door open on the closet he keeps all his skeletons because it serves as a reminder to people who would try to overthrow him
>The Governor was a psychopath who killed anyone who threatened his power, leaving him with a dwindling band of gullible weaklings who he could control
>Negan is sane and smart enough to leave his enemies alive so they can work for him, affording him some very dangerous and numerous people he keeps in line by being the biggest fish in the food chain
>The Governor was an enemy on the other side of their walls
>Negan is a ruler who will walk through their front door and take a bite of their dinner
The Governor was a dead end in the Walking Dead universe just like Shane, too encumbered by the dead weight of entrenched self-destructive behavior detrimental to survival. Negan is the Rick of antagonists. The Governor was a necessary stepping stone to show just how right Negan gets it as a lead antagonist.

Glenn doesn't die though, only Abe.

imagine tumblr on these lines...

Yeah except the spoiler sources who are literally never wrong say he does though, so i'm gonna go ahead and believe them

The comic version of the Governor was incredibly two-faced, too. The biggest difference in sheer personality is that Governor always put up a bullshit front while Negan was always honest and transparent with his own people.

The biggest difference in action comes from this, where comics Governor ties up and rapes Michonne while Negan literally killed one of his men the moment he realized the guy was trying to rape a captive of his. Sure, Negan then had her killed so she could be used to Trojan Horse Rick's group, but that's war. He's not nice at all, but he certainly has a different set of values than Governor.

But it's at least confirmed happening for the Blu-ray. He said himself they're doing it for every episode. Criminal that they only have the deal for one specific physical version (the Jew ray)