ITT: Things that are banned by Murrifats

ITT: Things that are banned by Murrifats

>La tortilla de Sacromonte (denominada también como tortilla de sacro-monte) es una tortilla elaborada con sesos de carnero (o de ternero), criadillas y otros tipos de casquería.

the fuck

>Egg omelet from the heart of the Gypsy neighborhood of Sacromonte, Granada, Spain, farm eggs, kidney, sweetbreads, bone marrow
Not banned, but gross.

Brains and lungs are not allowed to be sold for human consumption in the US, only pet food.

I thought the EU had stricter health standards

First time I heard about this shit.

Best tortilla is with potatos and onions.

Bullshit. Walk into an Asian strip market and deli. It's served and people eat it.

You might find some Amish/Mennonites who sell the stuff, otherwise regular supermarkets never have them.

Dunno about lungs but brains are banned because prion disease.

Really? There is a beaner restaurant nearby that sells cow brains as food, but the laws aren't actually enforced against our servent class.

Lungs and brains are gross. No idea why you'd want to eat them anyway.

It's completely arbitrary desu. For example, the FDA allows plenty of other things with demonstrably bad health effects.

Regional foods gets a pass.
But they can only be prepared and served on said region

Lungs have weird taste and texture, but brains are good. Worst organ meat is kidneys because they smell stale piss.

>Lungs and brains are gross
t.eats 20 kilograms of trans fat a week.
Kek.The amount of shit that Ameridoops eat doesn't even come close to lungs and brains which are pretty tasty btw

t. country where you can get arrested for putting your own flag on your porch because it's fascist

A lot of traditional Spanish dishes have offal in them, but young people don't eat them so much anymore.

Lungs were banned in 1971 because they could contain nasty fluids. The FDA decided that banning them altogether was easier than trying to ensure that slaughterhouses clean the things properly.

Brains are banned because prion disease. I think this was only since the 90s when prion disease first became an issue.

>kidneys
Key is prep- cut them in half, cut out the white membranes and wash them under clean running water

Kidneys are somehow ok and you can buy them in supermarkets despite smelling like burning piss when cooked.

As I said, I'm still convinced that this ban only really applies to major supermarket chains and commercial slaughterhouses.

I mean they're basically piss filters. Never understood them. Same as Liver. Every bad thing this creature has eaten its whole life you're just going to eat?

Farm animals have a strictly formulated diet, so actually you don't have too much to worry about. It would be different for wild game of course; you may have heard of Arctic explorers dying from eating polar bear liver.

Nah haven't heard about that. It seems pretty dumb. Aren't we not meant to eat animals that eat other animals anyway though?

We give fish a pass for some reason though.

Also wtf is with shellfish? People eat animals that are bottom feeders? Literally eat shit?

Orthodox Jews and Muslims don't eat that shit for a reason...

>Farm animals have a strictly formulated diet, [...]
lel wut? No they don't, they eat whatever is in the paddock.