How can a dumb person with no PHD in science, with no real scientific experience, any inventions or discoveries...

How can a dumb person with no PHD in science, with no real scientific experience, any inventions or discoveries, literally nothing call himself ''Science guy''?

Liberals, is being Scientist social construct too?

Libtards can't answer?

>no PHD in science
kek
science is a process, not something anointed on you like an award.

anyone can do science and be a "science person".

trips

the mrs asks me math questions all the time , doesnt make me a scientist just some cunt who is good at maths

"Stage Name."

When he worked at Boeing as an engineer, he did the local comedy night.
The DJ introduced him as the "Science Guy" because that was the topic of his jokes.

Learn to fact-check.

daily reminder that one retard

>that's right, just one
>you mean like that andy sixx shit log guy?
>yes

is writing multiple threads about Bill Nye not being a "real" scientist, because his degree is Mechanical Engineering.

>Also, he never fails to be baited by replies, and logic

He is a retard, but when ppl call him just an engineer I'm not sure i understand the slight.

>huheheheuhu anyone can do science, science is a process heheuhu

How do we kill that which has no life?

It's that Engineers aren't true scientists. Think of them like cousins to scientists.

Like, everyone cares about the celebrity, nobody cares about the celebrity's cousin who thinks he's hot shit. That's kind of what's going on here.

>anyone can do science and be a "science person".

LOL

look up the word scientist

What engineering jobs did Bill Nye did so far? Don't remember him building anything.

Wasn't he an actor and then host of scripted show?

>Dis guy be more smart den me, fukk him
>Typing from a parents basement after shift at McDonalds

Don't really understand why you're mocking him. You're either ignorant or inbred.

Literally anyone can "do science" if they follow the scientific method.

Even a 10 year old. Even a brain damaged person. So long as it follows the scientific method, and others can replicate it, anyone can "do science"

Stick your LOL up your ass & rotate on it.

After graduating from Cornell, Nye worked as an engineer for the Boeing Corporation and Sundstrand Data Control near Seattle. While at Boeing, he invented a hydraulic resonance suppressor tube used on 747 airplanes.[

He has a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, then did a Comedy routine on local radio where he was casually called "The Science Guy" cuz his jokes were all about science stuff. The name stuck and he got a show. I don't think he ever worked as an engineer.

As someone who's about a week away from graduating with a similar degree, I'll say this:
1. I am not an expert in anything.
2. It's a tough degree, and I respect anyone who can get one.
3. I am not a scientist.

So Nye got an Engineering degree, did nothing with it, became a comedian/actor/educator, and is now running his own show in which people wearing vagina-shaped apparel can sing about how their "sex junk" is somehow neither dick nor pussy.

Well I have a small dick but I call myself big dick guy. It's that simple really. Also checked.

Yes. That's exactly what it is.

The Scientific Method.

Did nothing with it? He worked at Boeing you dunce...

>I don't think he ever worked as an engineer

>After graduating from Cornell, Nye worked as an engineer for the Boeing Corporation and Sundstrand Data Control near Seattle. While at Boeing, he invented a hydraulic resonance suppressor tube used on 747 airplanes.

Pick one, imbecile.

>"It's called a meme you dip"
Your phrasing reminded me of that.

My apologies, I didn't know that. Doesn't change the fact that his new show is the manifestation of Cancer.

Oh hey its that anti-science/flat earth user

Cancer is what your mother wished that growth in her stomach was before you came out.

But user, cant we just choose to beleive people who think different from us are dumb? Even if it is demonstrably untrue?

Postmodernism says yes, it is.

This thread is fake. They post it around the clock. It is ops job.

nigga you high af. re-read what you wrote, then try that terrible bait again.

They hiring?

If he was dumb you might have a point...

you know a Phd is a very specific and limited academic qualification? in science it typically requires you to do two years of experiments that are dictated by another (older, and established) scientist who wants some boring grunt work done, and then a write up of the results (positive or negative - does not matter0 and a quick survey of the literature - is this really new knowledge or has someone foiund this out before (so confirming them) or is it opposing previous results (still a contribution to knowledge). and that is it.

it is a test to see if you can do research, nothing more. (compare to a an arts PhD where you really have to work at finding out something that is new knowledge and write a huge argument to support it - much harder to do - but again on a very tiny subset of humen knowledge)

The best indicator of a good Phd candidate is their achievement in school at 16 (not late qualifications of degree). because it is all about working at boring grunt stuff consistently mostly on your own.

a PhD does nto mean you are an expert in anything - or at best it means you are the expert in something really really obscure. So not having a Phd does not mean that a person is ignorant, not a scientist, not well informed, not more knowledgeable. A person who is well read and has a good grasp of science and who can explain it clearly and simply and in an interesting way is a far better person to present science on TV than a nerd who has a PhD in some obscure field and cannot alk, and has no wider knowledge.

I had a friend got a PhD by growing begonias in fifty types of soil, and seeing which was best. Very important knowledge for the commercial plant growers, got him a full scholarship for three years and a nice shiny degree and a job with a biolab. Couldn't talk about anything but plants. typical.

Every fucking day with this thread.

Stop. This is a fake thread, move on

I'd say the growth was your dick, but I don't think "growth" is the right term for something so diminutive.

How foolish and confused most Liberals are

>Literally anyone can "do science" if they follow the scientific method.

Can anyone do hearth surgery too?

ITT: conservatives with no facts to support their own retarded political ideology fail at discrediting those who easily discredit them

murrikan politics in a nutshell.

This lady can.

Medicine is an applied science you fucking twit

ah its retarded politics that have people shitting on bill nye

fags ur just as bad as the left or right equally cringy and annoying

Learn to think critically, like Bill tries to teach you, and you can answer this question yourself. Being a "science guy" =/= being a scientist. He doesn't claim to be a scientist. Even though engineering is applied sciences. Anyone can be a science educator and communicator. He also showed the essence of science by publically changing his opinion on GMOs after being presented with more data.

In other words, kill yourself.

This thread is fake. OP is a paid shill.

Tabalumpher
Tabalumpher
Tabalumpher
Spare!

Humpback
Humpback
Humpback
Hare!

Copyright suit!
Copyright suit!
Copyright suit!
Copyright suit!
Alphabet soup!
Alphabet soup!
Alphabet soup!
Alphabet soup!

Dodecahedron malvin mixturemeats.

Barneydoo, Barneydoo, Barneydoo McBrevitz

Captcha: GODDAMN "Calle"! Why always calle! Get the fuck out of here with all the calle shitmonger leaf rake battlepants Prime prima facie face facial faggeroo!

Did you just imply I fucked your mom? Oh shit, you really burned me...

Crabmeat thadger! Thadger crabmeat!

You fuck my mother, you motherfucker! Fuck my mother! I eat your shit!

Come at me brazier!

Read your own words, "Cancer is what your mother wished that growth in her stomach was."

She cut off, cooked, and ate your dick and wished it was Cancer.

My mom's hardcore.

this is some of the lamest trash talk i've ever read in my entire life. this shit might fly on xboxlive, but not here.
reported for underageb& and both of you can fuck off back to

He also invented the sexuality spectrum. He's such a smart science guy!

>I am the gatekeeper of Sup Forums

Lol fagget

updoot if you hate niggers

WINRAR!
I hate niggers user

GET THREAD
FUCK NIGGERS

He invented ballet shoes....

Oh and a sun dial for the mars rover I'm sure that was super useful... as far as sundials go...

Some kind of part for a 747 ... yeah

Science...

>Anyone can do science and be a "science person"
>Conservatives call global warming fake and their opinion is instantly discarded because they stereotype the GOP as being uneducated

checked

checked

Bachelors from Cornell in engineering is better than 90% of the people in this thread.

Also has several patents.

Has 6 honorary PHDs in science. More than 100% of the posters in this thread.

Thank you. In light of your trips we will be tripling your pay this time, $0.15 has been deposited into your account.

I can't believe I live in a world where people turned on Bill Nye. Fucking underaged dickholes most likely.

He caused it himself by going against science in favor of liberal propaganda. ANYONE who says there are more than two genders has no place in any kind of place of science.

Paid shills. They've been spamming ever since his new Netflix show started and he said global warming is real and that the issue of gender is sometimes complicated.

ooh, self check. i got trips
nigger hate thread

I love Bill Nye for triggering the conservatards

gender really is a social construct though. Although there ARE only two sexes unless you count hermaphrodites as the 3rd. Like worms and snails.

gtfo. gender is a made up word just like racist. it's propaganda pure and simple

this. its just russia trying to hurt potential 2020 candidates that arent trump.

If gender is a social construct then it's absolutely meaningless and we pretty much should get rid of that word from our dictionary. It only had meaning when it was synonymous with sex. And the concept of gender now is basically a sham to try to hide what people really are which brings up the origins of the word trap. Call someone a crossdresser/feminine man or tomboy as that hides nothing and still handles knowing there's a disjoint between sex and gender.

Besides, I would be fine with allowing hermaphrodite to be a 3rd gender, but there is literally no excuse for anything other than male, female, and herm

Your troll mask is slipping

your retard is showing

agreed. Why even say gender is a social construct and then turn around and make up 20 more? Doesn't make sense to me.

This as a fake thread. Move on

and Cartman's mom

Are conservatards capable of abstract thought and revising theories?

Can you tell me In detail what happens when you put a hot dog in a flashlight? I didn't think so

DOLPH IS BEST SCIENTIST

He's an engineer. You go see what kind of schooling engineers go through and then shut the fuck up.

It's only a few autists from Sup Forums and stormfront who are snowflakes about their political ideology

your digits are astounding

Paid propoganda

Gotta love all that butthurt over someone not agreeing with Sup Forums propaganda.

Hermaphrodite is not a gender though, it's a sex.

Gender defines your sexual attitudes. I'm a man (sex) and I am straight (gender). Of course there's the loony SJWs that are just making shit up so they can be special but straight, gay, bisexual, asexual and trans are hardly new concepts.

Trigender Thunderfoxes are bullshit but the fact there's more than two genders is not. Sexual Orientation and Gender have become merged in language, but remain separate from Male, Female, Both and Neither.

Liberals being triggered by Conservatives being triggered by a Liberal.

TOP KEK

straight isnt your gender, its your sexual orientation, idiot.

Science Guy is not a real job title. Anyone can call themselves science guy but he happened to make a carreer out of it. Also scientist is a different word entirely.

>DOLPH IS BEST SCIENTIST
Technically, Dolph has more and higher scientific qualifications than Bill (MSc vs BSc).

However, Dolph doesn't work as a science communicator, so your point is?

Also, Brian Cox, ex-pop star, Fellow of the Royal Society and Professor of particle physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester.

He also says global warming is real

popularizing Science is an important thing, especially to children in an entertaining way. Nye never claims to be a genius his entire goal has always been getting people to learn, a science teacher isn't necessarily a scientist he's someone who promotes reason and critical thinking, stop being autistic

I have a theory that the same bot that posts these threads also posts the cuck/racebait threads.

this. he probably has influenced millions of people to become real scientists.

>stop being autistic

NEVER!!!

>a science teacher isn't necessarily a scientist he's someone who promotes reason and critical thinking, stop being autistic

WTF, now I'm questioning if NYE should even be considered a real science teacher.

I stop being Liberal thanks to Bill Nye the shill guy.

I said STOP being autistic, not continue.

why? Wtf do you have against him?

Thank you. $0.05 has been deposited into your account.

>a science teacher isn't necessarily a scientist
I'm on your side, but I#'d take exception to this. To teach science at anything other than junior level I'd expect the teacher to have a degree in the subject.

There could be some exceptions; for example, a physics graduate could possibly teach maths to sub-degree level due to the maths requirement in physics.

true aryan

science guy is a rather vague term... the reason for that is purposeful. it is self deprecating and concedes the fact that he isn't a an expert. but you seem to have completely missed that in your autistic meltdown because you have been seeing red since he said gender is a spectrum ahahahahah.

You should not "call" you should make a point and do investigate this

but that's a bad way to think, that you have to have a degree to understand the scientific method and critical thinking, you need degrees to do important work related to science, and teaching specific areas of it, talking about and popularizing science shouldn't be behind any fence as long as the person isn't teaching bunk theories like flat earth or creationism