Why do normies think this movie is deep/good?

why do normies think this movie is deep/good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5VU8GJcg24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do unintelligent plebs think it isn't? It's your shitty thread, explain yourself

PABST BLUE RIBBON

i don't think anybody thinks blue velvet is deep

struck a nerve huh

Pretty good.

Not as good as Eraserhead or Mulholland Drive

Lip-syncing scene is top tier

This movie is amazing and I love it
Don't talk shit about Blue Velvet
I'll send you a love letter
STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART, FUCKER
YOU KNOW WHAT A LOVE LETTER IS?
IT'S A BULLET FROM MY FUCKING GUN, FUCKERRRR
YOU RECEIVE A LOVE LETTER FROM ME, YOU'RE FUCKED FOREVER
DO YOU UNDERSTAND, FUCK?
I'LL SEND YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL, FUCKER

Daddy wants to do something.

Normies don't even know who the fuck David Lynch is.

You're a pleb if you don't consider this a 7/10 at least.

Topic change: is there a way to find the full 4 hour cut?

Did people think she was hot in the 80s or whatever?

NEIGHBOR

Boys fucking older women are a recurrent theme in Lynch's films. Does he have a MILF fetish?

Lets drink to FUCK

Cmon user! Let's go for a joyride!

it's better than eraserhead.

LET'S FUCK
I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES

This is one of my favorite films. Easily Dennis Hopper's best performance, holy shit. I also like to think of it as a prequel to Twin Peaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=u5VU8GJcg24

In some ways. I think the atmosphere is better in Eraserhead. Given, I like Blue Velvet more with every rewatching.

Right now im sticking Eraserhead at an 8.5/10, Mulholland Drive at a 8.6/10, and Blue Velvet at a 7.99999/10

fair enough. for me it'd be eraserhead 6.5, blue velvet 7.5, mulholland 10.

Fire Walk With Me is top Fucking tier

Mulholland Drive really is fantastic.

The diner scene in that movie is bizarrely perfect--the way that Lynch is able conjure some debilitating fear over some unknown presence hidden behind a wall... It's uncanny. I havent come across anything else like it. The sensation when the camera pans across to the dumpster and Lynch actually reveals the disfigured face, totally subverting the expectation to be let down. It's his best film and it's a masterpiece.

So much love for that film.

He did rip off Tarantula a bit though, with that diner scene and having scenes in the movie disconnected from everything else.

>Mullholland Drivel
>Good

Oh boy. Here we go. Literally a jumbled mess of cuts from an unfinished three-part TV movie that makes no fucking sense, praised for not making fucking sense because muh David Lynch.

Lynch makes lazy movies with huge plotholes that he explains with "muh surrealism". It's like saying "Magic did it" and it's lazy as fuck and I wish pretentious cunts like you stopped pretending to enjoy it.

I don't remember too much of it, but it was entertaining.

Cause normies actually consider themselves patrician and don't realize they're normies. Have you not realized what Sup Forums truly is yet?

Also
>MUH LYNCHIAN SURREALISM

I've never seen it-- what parts of the diner scene are ripped?

Or just the general style?

i've never heard anyone refer to it as deep. most normies haven't even heard of it, and if they have, it's just a weird cult film to them.

personally, i think the film is hilarious, in a dark way.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEE

its dead good. it certainly shits on eraserhead and mulholland drive. its a much more focused film than either of those

I can see why a lot of people like it. its plot is fairly linear. there are less "detours"

Like whatever you want. Just don't treat is as if it is the second coming of Christ because it makes you look deep on the internet and it makes the boys on your film class in high school wet their armpits

you sound like someone who enjoys the works of the nostalgia critic

who has said that the film is "deep"?

Because Lynch's films are aimed at pseudo-intellectuals.

He constructs his stories and his characters around poorly conceptualized symbolism because he hasn't the capacity to produce a decent script with a basic structure. He's always compensating his lack of skills with poor artistic concepts like "surrealism" and narrative shortcuts. He'll add some kind of irony because it's a characteristic of our post-modern age and critics hail him as the great director he never was.

Fuck him.

cuz dennis hopper acts a nut in it, the same reason waterworld is good. pretty self explanatory

>You're allowed to like it but don't love it
>you know who loves it? group X
>you arent group X, are you?
>if you don't like your plots baby-food style, you're pretentious

Every Lynch thread

What do real intellectuals like

give me an example of the "poorly conceptualized symbolism"
explain how "blue velvet" has a poor script
and "narrative shortcuts"

>You just don't get it

Every Lynch thread

Except I didn't say that.

Who are some esteemed directors I can watch? It's easy to attack directors by vague criticisms, but do you actually like movies?

inb4 heh Im not wasting my time

what did he mean by this

I'm not gonna spoon-feed you and write a whole essay about Lynch's terrible work as a writer/director, faggot.
Certainly not the films made by David Lynch.

It is good. And it happens so I was planning to rewatch it right now and just stumbled upon this miserable thread. Now kill yourself, while I'm watching this masterpiece again..

Gilliam , Jeunet and Fesser at ten times better at it than Lynch, and have visual styles more symbolic, cohesive, defined and personal without being as vapid and pretentious as the latter.

I love how the critics shit on Terry Gilliam for the same reasons they praise David Lynch.

wtf I hate lynch now

I saw it at a female friend's house when she tried to start up a movie night with some of our friends. She turned off the light and pressed play and I promptly fell asleep. When I woke up, one of our friends was getting a blowjob from her and everyone else had gone home and the movie was still going. I pretended to be asleep until she stopped sucking, so I heard the last half hour of the movie and it sucked.

I bet the movie is good and OP os a faggot. Don't want to see tho. Not my genre.

lmao i thought you actually had some good directors to name

gilliam is shit

those people do not make similar films, and certainly not films similar to lynch.

>Pretending to know who Javier Fesser is

All hacks except maybe Gilliam.

I cannot even believe you're saying, with a straight face, that pic related not only has a more defined, symbolic style but is the pinnacle of what you're defining.

This is who you came to with. You could've came at me with a NUMBER of talented directors who have done films similar to Lynch (Vláčil, Roeg, Teshigahara, even Fellini) and you gave me Jeunet. Disgusting.

MOMMY

So actually it wasn't the movie that sucked

>makes no fucking sense
>It's like saying "Magic did it"
it's funny how most people who hate this movie clearly didn't understand it

watch it again, the story is actually pretty coherent
the only thing i don't get is the homeless guy behind the diner but everything else makes sense. i love this movie

just don't look at it as some deep philosophical film you'll be fine

also
>I wish pretentious cunts like you stopped pretending to enjoy it
>If I don't like something everyone who does is just pretending
grow the fuck up

They are all directors who use surrealism as a vehicle for their stories.

Your cluelessness is so apparent that I feel bad.

Just close the tab m8

>I don't like popular things because they're popular.

Go jack off to Saló, you hipster. The pinnacle of Surrealism in film? certainly not, but way better than Lynch at it.

>I am not retarded, I am only pretending. Look at how smart I am and how dumb he is!

Every Lynch thread.

Embarassing

>who use surrealism as a vehicle for their stories.
lmao

She used to be pretty attractive in an Eastern Europeans kinda way. The hair she has in Blue Velvet ruins it though

So you unironcally like Amélie but think Lynch is a hack

Im just clarifying where we are

is this real?

You're completely wrong on almost every point. Lynch rarely uses symbolism and if he does it's not half baked, it always has a point. He's actually said numerous times he doesn't like when pseudo intellectuals force meaning and symbolism from his films and thinks it's pretentious.

wow what the fuck this is recent as fuck.

Yes. Manlet raging at the fact they cut him from the new season. Apparently he wanted a bigger paycheck and they told him to gtfo

Oh look, another thread just full with buzzwords and no actual arguments.

this one is my favorite:
The typical "I'm so much superior than you, but I'll never say what I enjoy myelf" guy.

good job everyone

accurate

I bet you were a big fan of the nostalgia critic

It seems you know an awful lot about him. Do you watch all his episodes?

It's not all that deep, but it's a great film.

10/10 thread

the "let's fuck" scene is ultimate cringe.

/thread

You clearly haven't seen The Straight Story

Posting top tier Badalamenti scene. Him + Lynch = gold.

Is Roeg really similar to Lynch? I'd say he's more like Wes Anderson.

Deep no

Fun fusion of Edward Hopper and Norman Rockwell paintings? Yes.

Can someone post the face?

Which film has the woman doing singing and the guy watching her? What movie was it?

most of his movies (and twin peas)
but you're probably thinking of blue velvet

Fuck it, I will take a shot at this.

Lynch rarely goes for deep, he goes for breadth. Not in a least common denominator way.

Try this: imagine you're at a bar and this guy with ridiculous hair comes up to you (he DOES have ridiculous hair) and starts telling you about this dream he had. And maybe midway through it he says "No, wait, that last bit wasn't my dream, it was from a dream a friend told me about," and he kind of weaves back and forth through this for a while, maybe a long while, but there's something a little hypnotic about the way he talks.

When he finishes, he asks you with total sincerity, "What do YOU think it means?" Not in a way like he has a secret puzzle that there's only one answer to. He's got a series of these images and sounds and he wants to know how you interpret them. There's no tricks or wrong answers.

See, Lynch is very big into Transcendental Meditation and happy accidents. BOB, from Twin Peaks? He was a guy caught on set purely by accident, NOT an actor. Lynch just went with it. T.M. is about opening your mind and letting thoughts come to you without forcing it, then looking for some kind of pattern to it without assuming that there's one correct answer.

Lynch wants to present you with these hypnagogic scenes and have you experience and abstract what was shown. Your answer isn't the important part; your experience of the reaction, the analysis, the arguments as to what the robin men, THAT is what he is after.

>Fun fusion of Edward Hopper and Norman Rockwell paintings? Yes
what the fuck

Lynch is a very good director and BV is considered one of his best for some reason, so obviously people are going to get really excited about viewing it the first time round. It starts well and tanks early on. They remain in denial that they were cheated.

no blue velvet is good throughout. the best scene is quite obviously either laura dern's monologue or dennis hopper roughing the kid up outside the car, and they're about mid-way. and the ending is great.

Person behind diner was physical manifestation of "failure, corruption, deadbeat" etc wandering around Hollywood aimlessly attempting to further a career off scraps by any means necessary. Multiple characters in the movie share this same dread or sense of foreboding following them around, it's significant to the character that faints at the start and is shown at the beginning on purpose.

You might be thinking of Mulholland Drive, club silencio? The woman sings in spanish a song by Roy Orbison, Crying.

nah def blue velvet

Who the fuck is pretentious enough to give eraserhead a 6.5/10. Its a masterpiece. Much more intelligent than fucking blue velvet.

in what way

>eraserhead is not focused
Name a single shot in eraserhead that isnt about the anxieties that come with manhood. Meanwhile what the fuck is the point of the shot in blue velvet where he visits his dad and hes on the big weird machine? What does the part where the main character spies on Frank going about his business accomplish? So much pointless shit in blue velvet.

>lynch rarely uses symbolism
What the fuck are you talking about? Eraserhead is crammed with symbolic sequences and blue velvet has the bugs and the birds.

This guy is right

Woops. I meant that is probably right and that is a nice analysis. Im not sure I TOTALLY agree, Simply because I think Lynch puts a little more thought into it than that but I like the idea nevertheless

he kinda looks like the guy from rage against the machine

Blue velvet is a straight brainless thriller with the worlds lightest theme of 'sometimes somewhere looks nice but isnt really that nice', all it has is a shocking rape scene, a shocking scene near the end with the dead guys and a cool surreal scene in the middle.

Eraserhead has a perfectly crafted atmosphere and every single scene feels like real life filtered through an anxious and borderline nightmarish lense. It is taking such ordinary things and exaggerating them to make them horrible to watch and it does this flawlessly.

BABY WANTS TO FUCK

BABY WANTS TO FUUUUUUUCK