ITT Your #1 AOTYSF

No collages, no lists, no ties, just your absolute 100% definite favorite album that has come out this year so far.

great choice OP

this is mine, i can't say it's the deepest or most experimental album this year, but I can't stop listening to it, pretty much every song is unbelievably catchy

Just realizing I have a lot to listen to still

Oof, been meaning to listen to both of these for a good while now. Glad to see they're well-liked.

I couldn't search this on Tineye, what album is it?

Ersatz Window - Boxing 14/15

Sounds pretty interesting, will have to give a listen. Cheers!

A great use of microtonality in a pop structure! This artist has a clear understanding of the tunings he uses and it results in some amazing moments within this album.

Easily this

nice rec user im enjoying this

same as you OP

Pure Comedy

Still this. Fantastic album and I hope for more in this direction from them.

>live album copout for a suffyfag
"No"

Stabscotch - Uncanny Valley

Easily one of the best releases I've heard of the 2010's so far.

fuck you op
also post more lists

Oof you fucking rebel.

All trash
Expected more from a tripfag

Good edgeposting

I can't believe my favorite album of 2017 is a meme

post yours, coward

Haven't listened to much this year but Forget is fantastic and seeing Xiu Xiu was life changing

unfortunately have yet to be truly floored by any releases this year

Words can't describe how much I love this album.

My top 5 so far:
5. Chalice Hymnal
4. Thin Black Duke
3. A Crow Looked At Me
2. async
1. Elektrac

it is archival but it's the best.

it's not my aoty, but I'm glad elektrac is getting some love. it's a good-ass album

>Phil Elverum constructs a gut-wrenching eulogy to his late wife after she dies of cancer
>Released to near universal acclaim
>Avant-teens on some Japanese image board decide that it's now a meme

It's my AOTYSF too. I think it's beautiful and poignant.

one of the best classically styled rock records I've heard recently

this is so fucking good

10/10 pop album coming through

I've never had a audio induced panic attack before this record

I was memeing Luke vibert's album or whatever you want to call it but nah, I had a link to Async when it leaked but put it on hold , guess I'll have to listen to it now
Guess I'll try these
these i sort of listened to but wasn't in the right mindset to actually pay attention to them. Guess I'll listen them now .
We'll see about that

You sure guess a lot of things user.

What's your AOTYSF?

My AOTYSF

Everything I do is based on a coinflip and winging it
Probably, jamiroquai , I really like that style of music and I was pretty surprised how it's not shit. Better to go in on something with little to no expectations. And the new why? Album. I'm probably forgetting about one but can't recall like not since I've been on a hip hop bing for a couple weeks now.

i love this album so much

Not joking. I've listened to this tape more then anything else released this year. Every song has beautiful production that goes from one song too another. And Carti is able to flow over the nice beats pretty effortlessly, without taking away too much from the production.

Tape?

These are my favorites from 2017 so far.

damn son where'd you find this

>nice beats
How is this anything other than some cloud-ish trap with copy and paste mumble lyrics? tried to honestly listen to this but he is just so annoying, no, everything is annoying about this project.

Didn't really like it.
4th wave when?

whats with all the shill-core this year being shoegaze? i dont mind tho pretty nice album

Not counting the obvious Slowdive, tricot is up there

Fuck I loved this album, really took me by surprise.

this.
this tape is wack as fuck

share the link pls? the archive one is dead

Haven't heard too much from this year desu, but I really liked this one

Also pic related and Xiu Xiu - FORGET, that has already been posted in this thread.
These 3 are my AOTYSF

This is mine
Really enjoyed these too
Gonna try to listen to everything else in the thread

But and Life Will See You Now as close seconds

The new Nana Grizol.

haven't listen to it yet but looks interesting. do you think it's better than their debut album user?

not him, but i think it's about the same, maybe a bit better

absolute ass. you're the cancer of this board

Powerful Man is the shit. Sandy is my dude

am going to see Pallbearer tomorrow and never listened to anything by them. What can I expect?

Juana Molina - Halo

Fantastic album, with great lyrics and compotition

It's a little poppier than their first few albums. Tracks like Yosoiki especially are more straight-forward dance rock, but still really enjoyable.

That's the one I had , it's dead for me too . I'll listen to it on Apple Music or Deezer

This is such a good listen.

oh damn this is amazing.

>tfw your AOTYSF is from 1997

Jlin - Black Origami for those wondering

Narkopop is the only thing I've heard from this year so it wins by default

listening now it better be good asshole

Not that guy, but its the type of album I'd put on to make out with a grill for the first time.

I'm not claiming this as my AOTYSF, mostly because it just came out and I've only listened once, but it was an amazing listen. Very much a contender.

yikes i thought this was a total mess, definitely their weakest for me. not cohesive at all and the mixing just isn't good

Just finished seeing them play live, definitely my favorite sound of the year.

I agree with you that it is pretty all over the place, but I just love the way the experimented on this one. Definitely held my attention the whole way through, unlike their past stuff.

What didn't you like about the mixing?

oh

it sounded like "house of the rising sun" was recored from an iphone, "hit me like a snare" just had way too much going on to make it a nice listen, "deadcrush" overlayed his annoying high voice to make it even more annoying... just didn't do it for me. if the album sounded more like "3WW" and "Pleader" i wouldve enjoyed it so much more

See: leak

I had to think about it for a minute but this one's gotta take it so far

this desu

This is a great album, but it's not my AOTYSF. I have been listening to 99 Point Static on repeat though. Doseone goin' hard.

My vote so far goes to Cinderland by High Plains. There's a good amount of stuff I'm looking forward to though. The new album by Alder & Ash is very exciting to me.

planning for burial - below the house

/sad/core

I prefer their more hardcore leaning early work over straight up death-grind, but I cannot stop listening to this. I also can't stop listening to the new Forest Swords.

>reddiohead
I bet you thought you'd get hella karma from that comment, huh?

>sees radiohead
>all they can think about is reddit
Interesting

bump

idiot

Since this is the greatest album of all time It's also the greatest album of 2017 and every other year

I like Cigarettes After Sex too.

where did I find what?

The only right answer here.

Where's the love for Dilloway?

This probably
Really solid album

this shit is great
easily in my top 3
it's my fav dilloway album so far

When will people realize that DAMN. is a meme album that lost its appeal after 2 weeks? Christ