/prod/ lunga strikes back edition

------ NO SOUNDCLOUDS ALLOWED ------
>LEARNING RESOURCES
>READ THIS BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO BEGIN

(Obligatory mixing course)
>The Art of Mixing by David Gibson
youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

(Obligatory synthesis course + additional related videos)
>Intro to Synthesis by New York School of Synthesis
youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M

YouTube channels that you should subscribe to:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>BusyWorksBeats (same as above, a lot of good new content coming)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

>Justin Omoi
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A

>WarBeats
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/2s5k0cdx
clyp.it/x2aqerem
steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=83227
clyp.it/ubivfkq5
youtube.com/channel/UCeZLO2VgbZHeDcongKzzfOw
youtube.com/watch?v=fWYLK7-KjZo
clyp.it/hoeadtj0
clyp.it/p3lavdrp
clyp.it/ws2mg13e
youtube.com/watch?v=SIzfbZ4Tcy0
youtu.be/G3MyziCA7rU
clyp.it/rttfxrog
clyp.it/4c42wzq1
clyp.it/thtzroa1?token=55dc8b10cfd681db2ac23ef052be6585
clyp.it/xy25jvm1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is the behringer c1 a good option for a mic? i'm trying to get a cheap set and that's one of the cheapest mics i can find

it makes more sense to go used if you're looking that cheap imo. sm57 is usually a safe bet. What are you recording?

i dunno what genre exactly yet
you're talking of a shure sm57 right?

i mean vocals, just guitar, hitting random things?

sm57 doesn't usually pair well with cheaper interfaces so far as i can tell. not terrible but still. i spotted an e609 used on guitar center for 70 bucks- solid mic.

maaaaybe hitting my dick againts things but mostly vocals, cause i can just record my guitar directly from my computer

clyp.it/2s5k0cdx

finna post this again cos no one gave feedback last time.

I think either will suit you fine for vocals and dick samples. the e609 is brighter and doesn't need as much gain.

uhhh are you asking about something specific?

I thought I replied to you but I guess I didn't know what to say...

Sanity check on this mix and master?

I guess that's good. Just wanna know if you think it's a good track both musically but mix/master wise too. Does it sound professional?

High end is way too much, you have to tame that. Lots of painful freqs on that main noisy synth, look on a spectrum and take those down or alternatively use a multiband compressor.
Bring them overall down and give some more volume to the drums, they have to be at the forefront of this I think. Pretty cool and unique track tho I like it.

hmmm, the brightness was intentional but i'll reconsider that. What are you monitoring on? The only person who's heard it didn't bring that up and they're pretty tame when it comes to music.

The kick and rimshot delay thing sound somewhat "stock" if you get what I mean. That was the only part that kind of pales in comparison to the rest of the track.

(in the intro)

what are some good vsts for cubase, specifically orchestral, 8bit, or moog synths

I'm listening on speakers, I still think you need to ease up on the treble a tad.

And thanks for your feedback.

>Orchestral: Kontakt Libraries, so many of them.
>8bit: You can make 8bit in any synth really, get Sylenth1.
>Moog synths: Arturia

Might I also recommend Equipboard, look up your favorite producers on there and see what they use!

bump ;___;

thoughts on vienna?

It's alright tho a bit dated. It's really good how it's an all-in-the-box library but if you have more patience to "get" separate libraries for everything it's gonna sound better. LASS for strings, CineBrass for brass, Berlin Woodwinds for Winds are must haves.

clyp.it/x2aqerem

Honestly how much of a mess does this sound like? I'm having that problem where it sounds OK while I'm working on it, but when I come back to listen after a few hours it's almost unlistenable

how can i get a vintage or a tape tone like old lofi music only using some eq?

fucking dreadful

>only using some eq

what do you only have hardware available..? you're gonna come up short dude. high and low pass

why is it whenever i start up cubase, every other program's audio is cut off? I cant even hear the windows volume make sound

nevmind found the prob
steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=83227

>posting your solution so anybody reading can fix it too

:')

banger in process
clyp.it/ubivfkq5

>tfw no irl /prod/ buddies to chill and make Sup Forumssic with

this pic makes me sad :(

youtube.com/channel/UCeZLO2VgbZHeDcongKzzfOw

8-bit Music Theory, actually good info and has some modern stuff.

can anyone link me to a good mac omnisphere torrent, or point me in the right direction? piratebay only had a really convoluted one that doesn't work

bump

filters and noise probaly. this has a tape sound, but I remember reading on some forum post or something by him that he ran it through an ms20.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWYLK7-KjZo

yo prod, I'm mixing and mastering a mixtape for my friend. He's just ripped the beats from the internet and recorded verses over them. I told him that the beat quality will stop it from sounding really good, but I'm prepared to give it a go.
So far I've MB compressed the beats to tame any ugly high end that comes from the mp3 beats, mixed his vocals and cut a tiny bit of his frequency range from the mp3s, so there's room for his vocals. I've also gone to the trouble to add better kicks to the beats and also added side chain compresh to give a bit more clarity to the mix as a whole. I feel like I'm ready to give it a master chain now. My question is, have I done too much to the original mp3 beats? I'm afraid it would probably sound better if I leave them alone and just try to make them gel with the vocals rather than the MB and side chaining I've put on them. Guess I just gotta render two versions and A/B them. Any suggestions? Experience working with mixing shitty quality beats with no stems?

Been there

Did they sound like shit already or what..? Without hearing an example it sounds like you've done too much- if he's were talking about pro tracks the most you should need to do is carve out a bit for the vocals if it really needs it

they sound disgusting as is, sorry not able to post any examples

clyp.it/hoeadtj0
plis giv crit

Any good world instrument vsts?

sounds organic leave it be
Avalanches influenced

clyp.it/p3lavdrp

feedback appreciated

lol I understand

Shit in shit out sorry man, if you're able to find another source for the same songs maybe try swapping them out

the percussion on the west africa kontakt library is aight

i was looking at garritan a bit, over 350 instmnts in 2.5gb? wtf

Agnul

This is about to be mastered, any final recommendations would be appreciated. Feel like anything more would be polishing a turd.

No ability to overdub anything more.

clyp.it/ws2mg13e

I want to be famous!!!

now i need some drum vsts, specifically looking for good double pedal and snare, and some china cymbals

i think i mean thin splash instead of china, im no drum expert

whatever's on this set
youtube.com/watch?v=SIzfbZ4Tcy0

i didnt do hardly any mixing at all and my bass is fatt and all my friends say its cool

when does mixing become a waste of time? why does the mastering guy i send it to before publishing kill my bass? no fun allowed it feels like

my friends car stereos is really the only kind of reference i do aside frm my krks

>my friends
Well of course they aren't going to be dicks. The idea is to make everything sound good enough for anyone, from a random pleb's cheap speakers to someone with a trained ear and expensive headphones.

I got a track that sounds perfect on headphones but unsatisfying in speakers. Why does that happen?

post it and we can tell you what's wrong with it

Maybe you have shitty speakers

Either your speakers or headphones or both are crap. If I'm being honest most likely both

Anyone know what drum machine is used in this track?

youtu.be/G3MyziCA7rU

Just face it, you'll never be famous.

You aren't special, no matter what your mommy tells you when you finish showing her ur shitty track and she has to lie to stop you from killing yourself.

You will never be a rockstar, you will never pioneer into new genres, you will never get the cars, the money, the women, or the attention.

You will never have young girls getting wet when they are in your mere presence.

But it's not like you had a chance to begin with? Martin Garrix went to an elite school of musicianship and has been producing for over 10 years, and he's only 20. At 18 he was touring the world, fucking bitches and getting money for producing child's play, whilst you fail to produce a musically coherent 4 bar loop.

There are 1000's of producers like this, child prodigies just itching for a chance to show off their amazing work, and you honestly think you stood a chance? No, you don't even have the intellect required to be a producer, so even if you "grind"(cringe) you will get no where and will never finish anything.

By all means, keep feeding money to Native instruments and cymatics, but keep in mind your going to have to work 9-5 for the rest of your life, and probably put in a few extra hours a week to pay back your debts.

>inb4 Martin Garrix is bad.
No, as he gets more pussy than you and i'd prefer to listen to his shit over anything you have the courage to upload and call "music")

>inb4 "I just do it 4 fun xD"
You don't, stop lying to yourself. You secretly want to prove everyone wrong, but think people can't see through your facade.

Fuck both of you

Can I get some feedback on this one, about to send this one to get mixed and mastered. Will return the feedback

clyp.it/rttfxrog

jokes on you, i've only been producing for 2 years i'm already in talks with labels

clyp.it/4c42wzq1

The bit towards the end sounds a bit off, but its a nice tune

>i'm already in talks with labels
>in talks with labels
>in talks with
>in talks
>talks

Meaning you haven't been signed. Also that track is meh

Sending a demo to labels doesn't count as talking

Hey Sup Forums would just like some critique on the mixing and the arrangement of the overall track

clyp.it/thtzroa1?token=55dc8b10cfd681db2ac23ef052be6585

what label would want this..?

Lol wtf why

looked at some martin garrix interviews and damn, he's one of us

that's literally a jeff mills track you fucking plebs

I got "West Africa" when I upgraded to Komplete Ultimate...spent a couple of weekends drumming away on Maschine like a crazed shamen. Sounds fantastic

it's still trash though.

Can't stand that era of techno desu. "sugar is sweeter" is pretty chill tho

Sometimes I have to mix things for people with only a stereo instrumental and then the vocals. My usual process involves this: ~2-3dB multiband compression in the main frequency range of the vocals (which are sidechained). The MB is set to mid/side mode, and is set to around 75-80% mid, so that it's just scooping out of the middle channel to make room for the vocals. Then I use a plugin called Track Spacer, which is pretty much a dynamic EQ, to side chain the vocals to it. I have set in a similar way to the MB. It has a frequency range option, and I usually have the range set to 200hz up to 3500hz. That usually clears up room for the vocals pretty well.

doesn't mean its good

Favorite drum sample packs?

116 drum machines

If you like Martin Garrix im sorry but you have really poor taste.. also
>EDM

Daily reminder that Skrillex is a product of a team of ghost producers put together by Dead-maw-five

link me holmes

>Skrillex
literally who?

daily reminder that ALL top 40 djs have teams of ghost producers and ghost engineers, including dead-maw-five

>including dead-maw-five
n- no you're wrong user....
;_____;

Ghost write some verses Sup Forums

THE

ONLY

NIGGER

what the fuck is this?

i really like this user
keep making music

That's funny, I was about to tell them it sounds like flume-tier garbage and to stop making music

I KNOW

i have big ears and 200$ what headpohnes do i buy

help

i used to have a friend like you, he couldn't accomplish anything in the real world because he was too lazy and negative so he would try to bring everyone down to his level to make himself feel better

the idea that other people were doing what they loved and getting better at it every day while he just smoked weed and played video games was too much for him to bear

IS ME

I

>says one negative thing

AM A NIGGER

/song stop it

Hey boys. How do your ears react to this?? It's suppost to loop weird

clyp.it/xy25jvm1

Nah ;)

Alesis or Akai, both have some similar acoustic-ish drums. Either one will get you close with the proper lofi effects.

>clyp.it/xy25jvm1
WHAT IS THIS

sounds like someone transposed a fart and added a snare

>have song idea
>can play melody on guitar
>don't know how to give it underlying sound so I'm not just playing every note in sync with the words

What do you bros do when you're trying to flesh out your tunes?

I actually like that track, but lets not pretend that dance is actually about track quality. See Omar S

*holds up spork*

fite me