So I get why white people can't assume they know about the black/brown experience...

So I get why white people can't assume they know about the black/brown experience, but why can black/brown folks be presumptive about the white experience?

They can't into whitey

Because they aren't white. What kind of question is this?

I've never heard of any Black or Brown people claiming to know about the White experience. What are you talking about?

wut

You fortunately seem to only interact with white people.

Now that I think on it, are you talking about people saying that White people have it easier?

I've grown up a few miles from the Aberdeen military base so we get all types of people around.

>Now that I think on it, are you talking about people saying that White people have it easier?
Pretty much, yes.

How would they know if we were "racist" or whatever? They don't know what it's like to see the world through our eyes.

Ah. In that case, I suppose an honest dialogue would be the best way to come to a conclusion. I don't have anywhere to go tonight.

At the same time, you can't see the world through a Black person's eyes because you may not share our experiences.

Imagine living somewhere where you have to interact with brown people

>At the same time, you can't see the world through a Black person's eyes because you may not share our experiences.
I know you weren't replying to me, but this is precisely my early point. Also I'm not saying whites have it worse, but that it isn't all champagne and roses for whitey.

I concur. I was trying to say (through sarcasm) that I see a lot of people assuming they know what "white people" are like and what they're thinking, and never hear the "you don't know what it's like to be them" card played for whites. Whereas with women and minorities it's constantly used to shut down discussion.

no two people have identical experiences, this is part of what it is to be human, we are born estranged and die alone.

congrats, you cracked the paradox.

Nice.

Because white women speak on behalf of white men.

And the media has glorified the minority, so women take the "right side" of history.

I get from my experience that you guys are running into some difficulties, what with the media making it easier to attack Whites and SJWs starting to rise.

It's important to slow down sometimes and share these experiences with different people, which is something I don't see here often enough.

It might be just me, but I've never felt it was important or inherently valuable to do so, it feels like complaining to talk of past trauma, and bragging to speak of past victories. I am fairly okay with letting things slide but others may differ.

"My dear, white people may be a mystery, but niggers are understood around the world"

I am for a dialogue about the differences in our perceived worldly perceptions.

This is something I never got either.
It's probably upper-class liberals telling them about that sweet 'privilege'.

TYBD

Back from dishes.

The way I figure it, we can only grow and learn from each other in that manner.