What's the deal with gaming laptops? I'm thinking of buying a Dell i7567...

What's the deal with gaming laptops? I'm thinking of buying a Dell i7567. I've heard good things about the laptop itself but I've heard bad things about gaming laptops in general.

Anons with gaming laptops, how has your experience been? Is the heat really that unbearable? Did you laptop really go to shit after a few months of use? Would you recommend buying one?

>inb4 build a desktop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-PBA-wl9UuS2tf3eZtjboqpYWEHYdDF
dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/fncwg2310h?s=dhs&oc=fncwg2310h&dgc=ST&cid=308989&lid=5841085&acd=1230980731501410&ven1=sy4a1LHIl&ven2=,&ven3=810803724363016776
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can either game.

Or have a laptop.

The choice is yours.

>gaming laptops

lul

1. performance is pretty much shit. i got dell 7559 and a 275 ssd. it runs smooth, but still...it's not as fast as i expected.

decent...i can't give a higher grade

I have a gaming laptop and it's worked out fine for me. It depends on what you're getting though.

For starters, what is your general budget range? I could help you out.

The only reason they "go to shit within a few months" is because people are ognorant as fuck and don't take care of their shit. I had a gaming laptop for 3 years until I nerd raged and smashed it. Worked fine and ran everything modern at the time lagless until hulk came out

this

>gaming
>laptop

pick one

I was looking at the i7567. It's not a terribly high price considering it's running a 1050ti.

My roomate has a laptop that runs literally every game he throws at it on ultra with over 60fps. What's your point?

we can't all afford 3000$ laptops

Then spend that money on a desktop for gaming.

Thank you

I never said everybody could. Most "gaming" laptops work fine for playing video games. OPs laptop could play nearly everything on high-ultra with an easy 60fps and it's $800.

You could have the same in a desktop for half the price, also its a lot easier to upgrade and swap parts in and out of. Also heat. Laptops like to melt.

/thread

Check out this guy's videos.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-PBA-wl9UuS2tf3eZtjboqpYWEHYdDF

laptops are too compact to have the ability to sufficiently dispel the amount of heat that is generated by heavy cpu and video card usage, despite what marketers and alienware purchasers would have you believe.

purchasing a gaming laptop at a gaming laptop price is making a huge investment in something that will likely not last more than 3 years. how much are you willing to spend on something that will only last for 3 years?

Gaming laptops aren't worth it. If you need a laptop for class or work (assuming you do), just get a cheap one.

with the amount they cost you're better off building an iTX form factor PC and that's the closest you're getting.since laptops are so confined they can't have high performance or they'd melt or burn you

pick one

>laptop
>gaming PC

also the battery life is so shitty you'd be living on the wall charger might as well build ITX form factor PC that can fit in a shoe box

Is this the one you were talking about?

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/fncwg2310h?s=dhs&oc=fncwg2310h&dgc=ST&cid=308989&lid=5841085&acd=1230980731501410&ven1=sy4a1LHIl&ven2=,&ven3=810803724363016776

i wouldn't recommend building an itx computer as your first computer build. maybe micro atx is okay. if its itx i would have someone who knows what they're doing help you do it.

Also, how many hours of video games do you play a day? Do you do heavy gaming or light gaming?

I have an ATX but ITX is the closest thing to laptop for OP and OP if you do this make sure you know what you're doing since they come in FM2 and intel sockets only

building an itx computer is not for chumps or newpeople, there's a lot more that can go wrong and be incompatable than with a full atx or a micro atx build. also itx parts seem to be more expensive and there's much less variety than with atx equivalents for some reason.

if you aint traveling a lot dont even consider a gaming laptop

Clearly most in this thread are complete retards. Gaming laptops are starting to make sense now with the GTX 10 series cards. The thermals for the 7567 are really, really good.

Dont fall for the meme, gaming laptops are not bad, but they are much more expensive than a desktop built with equivalent specs. ANY laptop will get old fast, as you cant replace many parts. its just a matter of money.

>gaming
>laptop
>dell

bought one of the MSI 6700HQ/1060 laptops.. i work out of state 9 months out of the year. The laptop cost me 1.2K and can play anything i throw at it.. If i play on ultra i does get pretty warm, but if i play on med-high it stays really cool and has zero performance throttling.

I also use this as a work laptop, so it get used very frequently. Ive had it for about 8 months and have had zero problems with it.

Don't buy anything from dell.
Laptops cant get rid of heat fast enough to have newer and faster parts
Building a computer or buying a gaming pc will have much better parts for the price

Just build a desktop you filthy fuckin' casual

...and OP can't inb4

This. Built a desktop, round 1k including the screen, I still haven't found a game i can't run on ultra. I'm able to run a windows 7 VM while still getting perfect game quality on the host. Have yet to try running a game on the VM and Host at the same time, but I feel I could do fine.

Max temp is usually 35C too. Full ATX Mobo, makes a massive rig but room for any expansion in the future.

I used a gaming laptop last year for a few weeks, was a dell 7000 series but can't remember which. Think it was $1.5k. I could run MOST things (source games) on high/ultra, but some badly optimized games or ones like Rust had to be kept at High or Medium.

Really the quality vs price, I'd build a desktop and buy a cheap laptop every time.

Hi, I've had 3 gaming laptops so far, the last one being an Alienware 15 r1, sold that puppy 1 year ago, it was really good, especially after the ssd upgrade but it was heavy and thick as fuck, at the end of the day they discourage you of using them as laptops, eventually built a gaming/workstation pc and curretnly I'm thinking in buying an ultraportable like the dell xps 13.

But not gonna lie, laptops with nvidia's pascal graphics are quite powerful in comparison to maxwell, a 1050ti is a very nice graphics card for 1080p gaming, the dell in the pic is decent, among the best bangs for the buck currently.