/classical/

thicque edition
>inb4 how do I into classical
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUOqgYKrjPE
youtube.com/watch?v=B18QDmkwTfw
youtube.com/watch?v=K8yKsJj3sb8
youtube.com/watch?v=emm_28jWodo
youtube.com/watch?v=JPTTS83mRPk
youtube.com/watch?v=zO1bP_hBwzk
youtube.com/watch?v=c7mjvbci0OM
youtube.com/watch?v=a36xdMffuCE
youtube.com/watch?v=zEcZLbY8f2k
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=LxcMZl6YwNs
youtube.com/watch?v=OTRexu5CIL8
youtube.com/watch?v=gbUqKvpmPfU
youtube.com/watch?v=O5lRq0IcDzw
youtube.com/watch?v=F1geHuoc7_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

better

What does /classical/ think of Threnody Ensemble?

youtube.com/watch?v=qUOqgYKrjPE

if there aren't coughs in a recording, then the recording is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=B18QDmkwTfw

agreed

You've just reminded me that that Busch Lohengrin is still in folder 5. No clue why it's there, the sound quality is bad even by old meme standards. It starts hissing at you about 16 minutes in. I vaguely remember somebody apparently dying of a coughing fit during the performance too, if the recording is anything to go by

>implying anybody actually looks at or updates the mega folders

True, I'm more surprised at the fact it was included in the first place. Busch is a good Wagner conductor, but there are cuts made and whilst the cast is pretty strong, Maison (Lohengrin) is pretty weak. And I think the chorus sing in Italian while the principals sing German. Interesting recording, but if you really insist on a Busch Lohengrin, then the '47 might be a better starting point.

Telemann and Vivaldi are my main dudes right now. Rec me some other fast and heavy stuff /classical/

youtube.com/watch?v=K8yKsJj3sb8

been sorta getting into opera recently - I've been listening to Le Nozze Di Figaro for the past few months and have just begun listening to carmen this week - anybody got any recs? obviously Don Giovanni and Barber of Seville are on my backlog - but any other good recs would be much appreciated

That's some pretty good shit, thanks user

*humms

Gould will always be patrician.

Magic Flute

Childhood is when you idolize Mahler, adulthood is when you realize Mendelssohn makes more sense

You take you land lover

You take that back*

>land lover
?

obviously he meant it as an insult; implying that Mendelssohn is landlocked whilst Mahler flows freely through the skies - unhinged.

really makes you think...

Best Wesendonck Lieder recording?

No, they're a filthy land lover who doesn't know the sea!

>still not realizing Mendelssohn makes more sense

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=emm_28jWodo

Uploading to general folder 8

Wagner - Tristan und Isolde (Philarmonia Orchestra/Wilhelm Furtwängler; Suthaus; Flagstad; Thebom; Greindl)

In flac

The upload just started, so it should take a few minutes.

And Patricianhood is when you realize both of them belong in the oven

Ugly post. Honestly, it's hardly funny when there's really nazis on this god forsaken website spreading awful shit. They often congregate here, they plan raids on lgbt groups on facebook from pol. It's just not funny, and I'm sick and tired of all the fucking talk of nazis since trump got elected. Yes, he's a nazi, they're all nazis, that shit can fuck off of our society. Your master race is never going to happen, it's a joke, stop wishing you could fuck over other people's lives for being different.

is this pasta?

>there are people out there who are literally and unironically this retarded

Buxtehude

youtube.com/watch?v=JPTTS83mRPk

It's not that I don't get your humor. I am just sick and tired of all of the nonsense that goes on in politics in america, and I'm sick and tired of the alt right fucking around with their memes, and then legitimately believing in that fucked up shit. It stops being funny when the people behind the trolling are actually being legit. Yes, I've told my fair share of fucked up jokes, but it just gets tiresome. One of the rules of comedy is knowing the context of a joke, and the joke is in bad connotation right now.

Reuploading Ives - Symphony no. 2 / Central Park in the Dark / The Unanswered Question / Tone Roads No. 1 / Hymn for Strings / Hallowe'en / The Gong on the Hook and Ladder, in flac, to general folder 8. The last files I uploaded were in lower, lossy bitrate. I finally found a flac download of it though, so here you go.

I hope it is, but I don't see it on any of the archives. Probably a troll either way, though. Nobody is that thin-skinned.

Beautiful, I hate bernstein but I love Ives and that Cover

>mfw Central Park in the Dark sounds more modern than most contemporary stuff in the last 30-50 years

Its also one of the most badass sounding classical pieces ever written, no matter how cringey that sounds

Did you get amnesia Poly?

Baker, Nilsson, Flagstad, Varady

Lol. Fuck off, Pleddit.

youtube.com/watch?v=zO1bP_hBwzk

Childhood is idolizing romantics
Adulthood is when you realize Bach and renaissance music are where the good shit is.

What's the best recording of KV.331?

I've listened to this one only

God no. Either way though, it's all better than that fucking minimalism, serialism, atonal bullshit that they spew out today. I hate it so much, I don't know why people even make that garbage, or who in their right mind enjoys it.Music was pretty shitty in the baroque era, with a few saving graces like bach, who was the single best thing to come out of that period. Then you have the romantics who are all god tier. The modernists did some pretty great stuff in the early 20th century. Now everything has gone to shit. Classical music peaked at rite of spring.

youtube.com/watch?v=c7mjvbci0OM

Brautigam on forte-piano is where is at, Uchida is so boring,

Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=a36xdMffuCE
hope this isn't way off what you were looking for

Related to this question: What was/were the first performance(s)/piece(s) that initiated you into the operatic fancult?

Anyone read Wagner's screeds against Jews in classical music where he calls out Mendelssohn? funny stuff. Wagner ftw

Why is there not a single woman at this goddamn music uni that can appreciate avantgarde classical

lol (((Mendelssohn))) definitely does. Looks like you rustled some jimmies ((()))

Why do you care about what women think?

Thanks

t. Chaim Leibowitz
fuck off Jew kill yourself

Because I want a gf so I don't feel like an unfulfilled loser anymore

I'm not a fag like you

>Nobody is that thin-skinned.
looks like you don't know (((our greatest ally))) goy

Trust me when I say that you don't want a relationship with someone who has extremely similar interests to you.

It always ends in disaster.

whole thing isnt on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=zEcZLbY8f2k

Being a gf won't make you not a loser.

But I don't want a relationship with someone who plays Mozart and listens to trap either.

*having

He needs to record the Hammerklavier already.

I'm not a loser it's just that a love and academic appreciation of avantgarde music has no bearing in music education degree work.

What does Youtube think of Lang Lang? Are Asian musicians just robots? Are there any you actually enjoy, or are they just stand-ins for the master race?

i dont care

i.e., you don't care what race the person is? what about specific performers? are there any asian performers you like?

t. hapa madman

No, he's probably the Jew from and is triggered by the picture.

You're probably right.

OK. What are some things to listen to if I like this:
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=LxcMZl6YwNs

i dont have any appreciation for that piece on fortepiano

Haydn

youtube.com/watch?v=OTRexu5CIL8

More proof that Mozart is underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=gbUqKvpmPfU

Bump

Sup Forums is fucking gay and half of the posts are worshiping leftist faggots like thom yorke or gay edgy, avant garde or (((socially conscious))) hip hop. Jesus Christ we can't keep one /classical/ thread from disappearing while there are 10 kendrick lamar, theneedledrop, kanye, dr. dre and all this judeo-negro garbage. FUCK

Your favorite composer was probably a leftist
>inb4 edgy teens pretend Wagner was a radical right wing proto-Nazi

im pretty sure adulthood comes when you realize it doesnt mean shit about how much of an adult you are based on what fucking dead ass composer you think is the best

Depends what you mean by leftist. I mean, essentially, a Jew-worshipping Marxist third-worldist. I'm sure every composer pre-1950 would be considered fascist by the modern left in their general outlook. Nice try, friend-o.

>Even today, dear father, make it happen! Ah, a husband! Indeed, this will suit me well! If it would only happen soon, that at last, instead of coffee, before I even go to bed, I might gain a sturdy lover!

What did he mean by this?

Have you read Wagner's polemical works? Have you read Mein Kampf or other NSDAP members? Or anyone who is sane, realistic, and rational? They essentially share the same views, being men of a higher caliber who have dignity, self-respect, and don't consider people cheating them as a virtue (cuckoldry is not virtuous behavior).

>Hates serialism and 'atonal bullshit'
>Thinks le sacre is the peak of classical music

Top kek

I suggest you check out baroque composers other than Bach, as you clearly haven't listened to any of them except perhaps Vivaldi.

sturdy lover. bad translation. it should read girthy fuckstick.

Can someone please recommend more music that sounds like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=O5lRq0IcDzw

petzold

god clarinet sounds like ass feces. makes me want to make a castrato outta myself just hearing it. Or fight someone.

Y-Y-You again!
youtube.com/watch?v=F1geHuoc7_8

thicc

this thread dun come full circle.

NOW WHO ARE THE BEST COMPOZERS OF ALL TIME
1 BEETHOVEN
2 BACH
3 MOZART
4 CAGE
5 STRAUSS

>inb4 p-zold
petzold

>unironically listening to Memezart le lick mein arse funny man
>>>r/eddit

>3 MOZART
>not 1
Pleb as fuck

Imagine how fucked up you have to be to listen to Mozfart and enjoy it. It's like BDSM Scat music for pedophiles Sick fucks

Wagner fought in a leftist revolution against capitalists.

I actually like it but I'm not a person of le distinguished taste. Definitely intriguing stuff. Parts of it remind me of COTE-era Kayo Dot without the heaviness.

So did Hitler. BTW the welfare would not be going to a bunch of third-world vermin but his own people. Literally a completely different world and only extreme context denial would make "Wagner=leftist kek these dumb polfags think he wuz right wing" viable points.

have you?

all that great music tho

Have you listened to his mass in C minor?

Short answer: Yes.

Always amazes me how Rienzi can be so boring yet The Flying Dutchman is great from start to finish, despite them being composed only a year or so apart

is flying dutchman your favorite piece of all time? which performance would you suggest?

>Cage

Get this meme hack off of there.

Uploading new albums to general folder 8

Rachmaninoff 3 / Tchaikosvky 1 Piano Concertos - Martha Argerich
Bruckner 9 Symphonies Karajan Berlin Philharmonic
Charles Ives - Ives Plays Ives

Just starting the uploads, so they should be done in a few minutes.

Does /classical/ have spotify playlists?

My favorite classical album cover.