'Suicide Squad' Dominates Despite Media's Gloom And Doom

>Domestically, Suicide Squad opened to $133 million last weekend before adding an additional $13 million on Monday, $14 million on Tuesday, and almost $10 million per day Wednesday and Thursday. Overseas, the story is nearly identical. Its foreign opening weekend of $133 million was followed by $15.5 million on Monday, $15.5 million Tuesday, an estimated $10+ million apiece for Wednesday and Thursday. So the current tally in North America stands at an estimated $180 million, while its international cume is roughly $185 million, for a worldwide total through Thursday of $365+ million. Most of those daily totals set records for August, by the way, in addition to the film’s shattering of the August debut record.

>So intense has the bashing become, the press was caught up in the grip of flop fever.

>As it set new records later in the week, as its foreign numbers rolled in to record-breaking heights, the media simply couldn’t shake the feeling that the real story was all of the things that could go terribly wrong and sink the film. The potential implosion of the DCU became the talking point, rooted squarely in the negative professional critical reviews, and this negative narrative piggybacked on the existing media animosity toward Batman v Superman. For several days, the box office news continued to be rosy while the media played up any possible negative angle they could find. New reports of even worse supposed tensions and trouble with the film’s production surfaced, including the infamous “$800 million is the break-even point” claim.

www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/08/12/suicide-squad-dominates-despite-medias-gloom-and-doom/

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/suicide-squad-box-office-prediction-2016-8
deadline.com/2016/08/weekend-box-office-suicide-squad-sausage-party-petes-dragon-1201802677/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. It wasn't great but it was better than the Disney loving sjw critics said. Fuck the critics.

I like how Forbes are seemingly the only site that are letting WB have their moment here.

Honestly, SS is a pretty okay to good film, and the social media focused marketing, cross media collaborations, and product placement has clearly been successful.

Will it outgross GotG though.

Probably? It's already smashed all its daily totals by at most 50% and at least 5%

I think this is the first neutral piece I've read. There's the rapist looking guy who wrote about SS on Forbes.

>Suicide Squad wasn’t liked by everyone, and that’s okay. It clearly wasn’t even liked by a majority or plurality of viewers, and that’s okay, too. The film — like most films — has flaws, and things that appeal to me might not appeal to you. If every single other review besides my own had been negative, that alone wouldn’t even prompt me to view the media coverage with skepticism. What does give me pause, however, is when I see headlines of increasing extreme assertions, claiming the film is one of the worst movies of all time, that it is possibly the most disappointing film ever made, that it is an insult to the concept of art and cinema, that it’s not even an actual movie, and so on.

>Anticipation and expectation were so high for a super-villain comic book movie that it trumps those and other examples? Not “most disappointing this year,” mind you — most disappointing ever, in the history of cinema. Likewise, the claim that it’s not even a real movie, and that doesn’t have an actual story at all, is ridiculous to the point of seeming like mere satirization of precisely the sort of exaggeration it actually is. And anyone who honestly thinks it’s the worst film of all time or even on the shortlist of contenders needs to see more films, apparently.

He's not wrong.

>CRITICS BTFO
>RT BTFO
>SJW'S BTFO

Cape Kino has finally arrived Boys

>Anticipation and expectation were so high for a super-villain comic book movie
See, this is what I like about the DCEU so far.

You know how BB/TDK/TDKR and even the Spider-man trilogy were at their core largely movies about the villain? So far the DCEU has focused more on the protagonists, with the villains being developed alongside the protags instead of overtaking the character development of the protags.

Just a thought.

Very low chance to do that since GotG had massive legs.

If SS manages to close to the legs Guardians had, then it's going to trump it with that massive headstart

It's not opening in China

I can't really see that happening with it's current run being lower than BvS right now

Source?

Mama is gonna freak?

Second weekend tracking is around 67% drop so yeah, it's not happening.

This is good because if such a shitty movie grosses well it doesn't bode well for Hollywood.

Have you ever heard of Google?

Have you heard of backing up your own statements?

>Second weekend tracking is around 67% drop so yeah, it's not happening.
Source? Are you from the future?

Not him but I thought it wasn't showing because of Enchantress, right?
It's weird because earlier I saw some Chinese guy who saw it and wrote an article about it (in Chinese), maybe he did in another country.

>and that’s okay.

I hate this stupid Reddit style of writing

Why don't journalists take any pride in their work any more?

Because they're not journalists. They are freelance bloggers being paid a pittance to come up with content

There's no release date yet, there's no mention of it definitely not releasing, actually.

It's amazing how much the fucking bloggers think they run the internet.

It's amazing how shocked they are when they find out how little their opinions matter.

Just like when the media called Drake's VIEWS total shit and now it's broken every billboard record ever.

I can't find this article.

>It's amazing how much the fucking bloggers think they run the internet.
It's even worse with vidya gaesm

Oh yeah, let's remember. Batman vs Superman was a box office success.

I don't get what the media had against this film. Suicide Squad I mean. I thought they loved David Ayer.

The movie is a piece of shit but Sup Forums is too caught up in their imaginary SJW war that they can't admit it.

So naturally they've started to defend the taste of lower common denominator garbage in an attempt to paint a narrative that the movie is actually good and that the critics are wrong when in fact the movie is actually complete irredeemable garbage and they should admit it if they want Warner Bros to actually make good films again.

But noooooo everything has to be le SJW Boogeyman shit and nonsensical nu-male namecalling if you dont like a certain movie.

Fucking casuals.

>I don't get what the media had against this film

I think it's a combination of systematic hatred of DC due to the "us and them" mentality a lot of these modern blogger/critics seem to have, and the films portrayal of female characters as anything other than objectively correct dindu's who can literally do no wrong.

The people praising this pleb anti art trash aren't Sup Forums locals. They are low IQ redditors from Sup Forums and reddits movie forum.

Maybe because the film itself is shit?

t. Nu-male

Who DChad here??

We win again boys

this

>Normies don't like your film

This used to be a good thing. If normies like your film, then it shows it was dumb enough for them to follow and they likely don't appreciate it

>it's a good box office sales means it's a good movie thread

Gee, so I guess Amazing Spider-man 2 is true Cape Kino?

Also, an insider source reported that SS needs 750-800 million worldwide to break even after many res-hoots and re-cuts. If you think that is crazy then look at how Sony admitted Amazing Spiderman 2 was not a success and handed their him over to Marvel after Amazing Spider-man made 700 million worldwide.

I don't even know why Sup Forums defends Suicide Squad so hard when it's just a poor attempt to copy GotG right down to the use of classic rock tracks.

>Zack the Hack is 50
I had no clue, jeez

>insider
lol

>classic rock
I think you mean rap and pop songs.

Truly the "our guy" of film

yeah man even down to the dance off

>It's a "I literally can't enjoy a film unless 300 certified reviewers rate it well on some website" post
Getting fed up of these 2bh

It doesn't
see

Its already on track to making less than BvS and even Deadpool
Also releasing it in every country on the same day is gonna cause it to slip massively the following weekend

If it makes less than 700 Million than its considered a failure

it was widely reported as such

businessinsider.com/suicide-squad-box-office-prediction-2016-8

I've seen it twice now, might see again. It wasn't as bad as Civil Disobedience.

/Ourguys/

>However, industry insiders I've spoken to since this story originally ran tell me even at around $750 million the movie can make a profit, following merchandise and home video/streaming sales.
>insider

LOL.

Hmm, who to believe? Industry insiders who make careers out of analyzing movies or a jack ass on a Chinese image board?

If it were an industry insider making the article I'd believe it in a heartbeat. What you've got there is a blogger that makes money by inciting clicks, hence it's easy to make up information...for clicks. Are you THAT gullible?

Yeah, because it was """""""""""Sup Forums"""""""""" that wrote article after article after article bashing the movie and drawing attention to it. Haven't you limp-dicked little cucks learned anything since GamerGate?

>imaginary
>SJW

>Also, an insider source reported that SS needs 750-800 million worldwide to break even after many res-hoots and re-cuts.

Yeah, that's bullshit. lol. Really, read that article.

Yeah, but is seems believable. Amazing Spider-man made $700 million and was a big failure for Sont. X-Men Apocalypse made close to $550 million worldwide and Fox admitted it was a drag on their revenue when they reported earnings.

I'm just saying that knowing the tumultuous history of Suicide Squad with several reshoots and recuts along with an extremely aggressive ad campaign that $750-$800 million seems reasonable as a goal.

>the fat turnip with the CCCP shirt

I actually have a red shirt with huge ass picture of Mao on the front of it. At first it looks like every other commie cuck shirt you can buy at [army surplus store, but the kanji under the picture is actually his quote "I know communism doesn't work!"

I've already had quite a few commieshit nu-males approach me on days I wear the shirt all "RIGHT ON, FRIEND!!" It's pretty funny.

It's amazing how "industry insiders" shitpost the exact same way Sup Forums did after TFA made like 1 billion dollary doos.

Amazing Spider-Man 2, that is.

see that's a big part of it. you can tell because I have literally not seen one single post about what anyone liked about the movie itself. but that's not all.

there is actually a lot of journalism about the film's supposed "misogyny" when it has some faaaarrrr bigger problems. it's like your only criticism of The Room being that it should've had more vegans. it requires literally no level of thought beyond "hitting women and objectification = bad". it's lazy as fuck and people eat it the fuck up.

>tfw it keeps btfoing faggots left and right.

>imaginary SJW war

You cucks started it, don't cry now your losing and you can't finish it.

it wasn't a big failure, it just didn't make the billion they were hoping for, and the audience's response pretty much killed their intended cinematic universe

Nu male detected

This whole movie is /ourguy/.

It should hit $500 million worldwide. Anything more is gravy. Anything less is disappointing.

alright faggots you've made your money now release the other cut

This.

Jai Courtney is a bro.

I bet you wear glasses

This, it was fun, just like GotG

Why were they such clingy bitches?

Its one of the worst of the year

in no order of the worst flicks i've seen this year:
the fifth wave
warcraft
cell (the one based on kings book)
urge
zoolander 2
blue mountain state the rise of thadland
the brothers grimsby
captain 3
batman v superman dawn of justice
pride prejudice and zombies
x men apocalypse
suicide squad
midnight special. this ones more being disappointed as fuck though
agnus dei

I just got back. It wasn't good, but it wasn't fucking 20% bad.

It was 5/10.

Would've been better if they scaled it down instead of trying to make it "epic" world at stake.

It should've just a been a battle for the city Suicide squad vs Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Solomon Grundy and goons etc.

This

Making that amount of money with a hero like Deadpool is quite amazing considering the budget, no china release, being R rated etc...
Making that amount of money with one of the most well known superhero of all time (the toys alone make more money that Anvengers' toys) is a failure.

>haha they don't even speak japanese!
why don't you go back to your big gulp and chinese cartoons... the men are talking

It is our time. The prophecy is at hand.

Believe and you shall be saved.

You can tell when a lot about someone's ability to think for themselves by asking them about Suicide Squad. If they hate it, then there's an 80% chance that they are unable to form their own opinions and simply think what critics tell them to think, that jumps to 99% if their complaints about the movie include the word "editing".

>Looks like Sausage Party‘s festivities are cutting into Suicide Squad‘s business. While that film will pull in just over $13M for Friday, industry estimates have it at a $44M. If that figure holds, that’s a 67% drop

>67% DROP
>67% DROP
>67% DROP

JUST FUCK THE DC UNIVERSE UP!!

I wish I could get my money back.

Holy shit I'm still mad, if you haven't seen this yet, please don't go see it in theatres. Don't support what is so obviously a completely ruined movie by paying to watch this theatrical cut, it can barely be called a proper movie.

>the average working adult is an atheist who will laugh at food items "fucking"

I agree. I couldn't care less about DC but Suicide Squad was a very average movie that got leapt on as the next "worst movie ever" by critics craving attention. But this time their narrative didn't stick and the result is quite funny.

Movie was pretty average.

Too much Deadshot, not enough villains doing villainous things. Diablo was cool though.

deadline.com/2016/08/weekend-box-office-suicide-squad-sausage-party-petes-dragon-1201802677/

i still cant get passed how cringe inducing all of harley's lines were

WB wrote it

Nah it felt like it was trying to be GotG but lacked what little logic and heart they did.

is this movie really going to make more than bvs? what do you guys think?

that would upset me. fucking millenials being obsessed with edgelord joker and shit. nowadays who gives a shit about Batman and Superman right?

it's le joker he's so crazy xDDD

fuck this generation

Like Citizen Kane, right? Fuck off.

>Last weekend suicide squad earned more domestically than Ghostbusters in total
>The more ironic thing is that SS is actually more diverse than GB2016
>Suicide Squad even passes the fucking Bechdel test
>Yet feminists and sjws bash it for 'sexism and racism'

SJWs literally btfo on multiple fronts

>Suicide Squad even passes the fucking Bechdel test
Holy shit. It actually does.

FINE FANBOYS, YOU WIN OKAY? OKAY?! EVEN IF WE SPENT FURIOUSLY WRITING ESSAYS ON HARLEY'S GROSS SEXUALIZATION! YOU WIN, DCHADS!

>>Suicide Squad even passes the fucking Bechdel test

What for a test?

DC is going to build a franchise and make the media pay for it

>SJWs literally btfo

No such thing.

Which scene?

harley talks to katana
Waller talks to SewerWitch
Harley talks to Waller

google you newfag. google.

feminist can't be blown out because their "power" is being victims.
so BTFO actually makes them stronger!!!