Darkwave
No Wave
Cold Wave
Horror Punk
Post-Punk
Industrial
Post-Industrial
And so-on.
Nobody answered last time so I'll ask again, what does /dark/ think of the new Clan of Xymox album? IMO better than their 2014 album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijvq2xVbjIk
troubann.bandcamp.com/album/over-there
youtube.com/watch?v=uBKMBZ0piI8
youtube.com/watch?v=EOBW3TLC6F8
youtube.com/watch?v=rHAS4n_9AnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1muNSOHiMsw
youtube.com/watch?v=W0lTDahLvFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_fTtzPd-mdk
youtube.com/watch?v=8ho86SC-oIo
youtube.com/watch?v=zvlsaqtX_l4
youtube.com/watch?v=HsU81K2v-84
youtube.com/watch?v=VYe6Qclq9Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=BTF7IJXw3fM
noctooa.bandcamp.com/
medicinemoon.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=vH_LHSHCvps
youtube.com/watch?v=uh1o_03ilQY
youtube.com/watch?v=-9YqL4mfCdM
youtube.com/watch?v=hzSMuqANq3Q
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I finally gave it a listen all the way through, yesterday. I enjoyed it. It's definitely better than the new Depeche Mode album. I was pretty disappointed in that one.

I heard a lot of people were. Personally I never like Depeche mode to begin with.

*liked

Bump

The Night Terrors
>Horror synth with prominent inclusion of theremin
Actually pretty decent, my dudes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijvq2xVbjIk

but why

is power electronics welcomed here? if so id like to know, what're some records similar to hole in the heart? it's become one of my favorite records and i want to hear more like it.

>but why
they stink

nah man

gonna have to do better than that, m7

they stink

Is ethereal wave /dark/?
If so, what's some good e wave that's not early Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, or Dead Can Dance?

It's Post-Industrial so yes.

Not my thing man, there's something warped and demented about them in a dry and stomach churning way. I either end up bored listening to them, or I feel like I've wasted time.

Amber Asylum, Autumn Tears, Hekate

Have it your way then, user.

Just found this in my library, dunno when I downloaded it but it's pretty interesting. I guess you'd call it dark folk, but the vocals are layered in a really weird way and the production has a cavernous quality to it.

troubann.bandcamp.com/album/over-there

>Is a genre derived from gothic rock, one of darkest forms of alternative rock and listed in the OP /dark/
Bruh, you gotta ask? Nah, I'm busting your balls, of course it is, post away.

I like Lycia's "Cold" release and most things by Love Spirals Downwards.

There a good deathrock guide anywhere? I think the music is so underrated and it's hard to find more from this genre.

Just started listening to Voodoo Church which is pretty good so far -
youtube.com/watch?v=uBKMBZ0piI8

youtube.com/watch?v=EOBW3TLC6F8

youtube.com/watch?v=rHAS4n_9AnQ

Here's another horror synth/retrowave act that I found in my library. They've put out an f/l and an EP, the former I haven't heard yet and the latter being basically a couple of singles and a bunch of remixes.

What I've heard is decent, good enough to make me hunt down their full-length.

youtube.com/watch?v=1muNSOHiMsw

> there's something warped and demented about them in a dry and stomach churning way
Depeche Mode? I can get that. Likewise I find it hard to listen to some of the stuff that Dave wrote while he was on heroin, for personal reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=W0lTDahLvFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=_fTtzPd-mdk

youtube.com/watch?v=8ho86SC-oIo

Such a great album cover, too bad about Dave Vanian's singing.

Plain and simple, they're just weird in a love hate way, like miso soup.

You take that back right now.

One more post before I go to bed

/dark/ is honestly one of the best generals on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=zvlsaqtX_l4

Have to agree, I wish you a goodnight's rest.

Where to start with Depeche Mode? From the beginning? I've never really listened to them outside of their big songs.

I'll try to keep it bumped until the morning.

good night user.

This is an "autumnal" folk project that's got a decidedly more American atmosphere than a lot of others that play in the dark folk subgenre. Really atmospheric and pretty spoopy.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsU81K2v-84

he's been teasing new material for ages but we'll see if anything ever comes of that.

Thanks famalam

I figured that it would be, but I haven't really seen it discussed in these threads, or pretty much anywhere on Sup Forums for that matter

who ambient black metal and dsbm here?

HTRK and especially the Nostalgia EP are /dark/ as fuck. top tier heroincore

youtube.com/watch?v=VYe6Qclq9Hk

also,
>captcha

if it's got a /dark/ aesthetic, it belongs here.

hi

That's because lately Gothic Rock has mainly dominated these with sprinklings of Deathrock and Industrial sub-genres. I even started a /dark/: Where Are The Industrialists? Edition. You're fine to discuss Ethereal Wave here though, it's basically the soft easy-listening version of Goth Rock. Another contemporary release I recommend is Tamaryn's "Cranekiss" album from 2015.

Sixx was a short-lived post-punk/deathrock band that served as a side project for the members of the American black metal band VON. They recorded an album in the early 90s that was bootlegged in the underground and finally officially released in 2009 as "Sister Devil"

It's got the rough production and themes of VON's early primitive blackened death recordings coupled with the instrumentation and overall style of seminal projects such as Bauhaus and Joy Division.

Cutting aside all the bullshit, it's a pretty novel little record, I haven't heard any blatant "satanic" material of this nature and I've always liked Von's earlier stuff (and Goat's solo material too). Worth checking out, I'd say.

youtube.com/watch?v=BTF7IJXw3fM

Noctooa is a dark folk duo with elements of drone and doom. They call their style "cavewave"

I believe they recently played a show with Xasthur.

noctooa.bandcamp.com/

The guy with the deep vocals also does stuff with another project called Medicine Moon that's very good too.

medicinemoon.bandcamp.com/

What's Sup Forums's opinion on 3Teeth?

Never heard of them.

haven't heard of them. just checked them out. they seem pretty derivative. recommend something from them?

Liar in Wait is an American post-punk/coldwave project inspired heavily by bands from the French scene that include legendary Asylum Party and the contemporary band Soror Dolorosa.
Notable for including the vocalist and the guitarist of the black metal band Wolvhammer, Liar in Wait hass released an EP and a split with the notable gloom project Planning in Burial. Another two releases, including another split, are planned for the near future/

I thought the EP had a lot of potential but felt too rushed and way too evocative of other better acts. That's not to say it's actively bad, on the contrary there's a lot of promise.

I saw Wolvhammer last year, according to the members the next release from LiW is going to be a full length.

youtube.com/watch?v=vH_LHSHCvps

>Planning in Burial
i meant planning for burial. christ. i'm kinjd of drunk.

here's another thing. not gonna bother typing a description or whatever because i don't care enough about this band but this song is really catchy

youtube.com/watch?v=uh1o_03ilQY

Yes, they are derivative, but I don't mind it because they still feel authentic and fresh to me.

They are like an updated version of early 90s industrial metal, a blend of ministry and godflesh with some EBM thrown in the mix. I also like their pissed off lyrics/visuals about anti-capitalism and occultism.

They released their second LP two weeks ago, it has a better production and a more diverse sound than the first one, so I would recommend you this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9YqL4mfCdM

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out when I wake up. I'm going to bed.

But here's a final thing.

Ison is a swedish project helmed by the vocalist of Draconian (who also has a dark electro act I haven't indulged in yet) and the guitarist of Crippled Black Phoenix (he has a handful of other projects too, but his work in CPB is his most prolific at this juncture). They have one EP out so far that blends dream pop, shoegaze, post punk, and dark ambient together to create a cosmic themed atmosphere evocative of Chelsea Wolfe with a smattering of Darkspace's more ambient work.

They're working on an f/l following the positive reception of the EP, which I recommend heartily.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzSMuqANq3Q

Bumpin' and pumpin'.

>ywn marry the woman on the cover of phantasmagoria

Are goth girls best girls?