youtube.com/watch?v=n2tjp2Z6IqI
letterboxd.com/TooPleb/
hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674065895
amazon.co.uk/Harm-Hate-Speech-Jeremy-Waldron/dp/0674416864
letterboxd.com/filmcommentary/
letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/
letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/robocop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The arguable fact that complete free speech can't exist, for security reasons, is not to be any disincentive to the notion that the concept of free speech MUST be always defended and applied. Certain people, through ignorance or agendas- as shown in that pathetic thread-, are ever more present in the current year to attack it, aiming to silence and eliminate the 'enemies'.

you don't get it

>Apocalypse Now

letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
Just saw the Neon Demon , better than Only God Forgives but I really need to rewatch that

Watched Raid 2 and loved it but I kinda disliked that they killed the main characters brother from the first movie

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

I almost responded to this before I realized it was posted in a general.

Shieeet forgot the pic

youtube.com/watch?v=_Dn-pYGdSiM

What am I in for?

Because it's related very much to Letterboxd? Very daft of your part.

pic related.

letterboxd.com/CoryBurning/
I got some pretty good film loot lately. Should I post some pictures?

L'Eclisse

Are you talking about the 'belief' of free speech?

I watched like 4-5 films of his films in a row and now I legitimately can't distinguish those from one another.

Please do. I'm looking for some blu rays at the moment myself.

To me, that sounds like a mistake. Too deep a filmmaker for doing binge.

I enjoyed each film more and more and I binged them in like 2 nights and I've wanted to rewatch them for a while now.

How are his books?

Raid 2s great, preferred it to the original, only complaint is that Rama feels like a side character half the time

topkek

letterboxd.com/ISniffRice
Hello my fellow Redditors

kino

youtube.com/watch?v=n2tjp2Z6IqI

hausu is not kino, fyi

Is this the Stuckmann script?

>responding to such obvious bait
Kill yourself.

What bait? There's no bait in that post, retard

letterboxd.com/TooPleb/

>tfw mom won't let you watch horror movies all day and she makes you visit grandma and help brother pack for college

>Alien that low
nigger what the fuck are you doing

Kill yourself.

Not him but I've only seen the director's cut and I'd rate it about 3 1/2, not that great desu. Have the theatrical cut on my hard drive but haven't gotten around to it because I don't care

Favorites of 2016?

I'm trying to catch up to what's been good

I've seen

ebin

>Weird Things GIRLS Do When Guys DON’T Text Back
I'm sorry where do you see Hausu in that name? Dumbass.

yeah

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

Name one example where free speech was harmful

He got his feelings hurt on here once and now he's a safe-space advocate

Knight of Cups.

or was it 2014?
or 2015?
or 2016?

Can I name it for all years

Horace and Pete
Everybody Wants Some!!
SPL 2
No Home Movie
Hardcore Henry

You're confused. I'm actually even more of a radical about free speech than you or most people. I pointed that thing about 'security reasons' as a compromise to calls of endangerment made in the other thread being a negative aspect. My post makes more sense in comparison with the other posts there.

Kaili blues

>Roger Ebert is best critic
link to his profile?

KOC is '14 for me, but then again released much later in almost everywhere

wtf is wrong with this site reviews, they are even worse than the IMDB ones

>SPL 2
this film was a nice surprise.

Did you see it in some festival?

>it's a Resident Evil is good episode

Damn, I misread your post. I should go to bed

#maga

No, when the VOD hit

don't mix chantal with that shit please

I'll be polite first: what 'shit'?

3.5 means I really liked it and would definitely recommend it. The first half was really atmospheric and visually gorgeous, but the second half was less interesting in general.

He is probably too good for action films like SPL and HH.

wahoo?

someone wrote a whole book about it:
hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674065895

>The very point of hate speech, he says, “is to negate the implicit assurance that a society offers to the members of vulnerable groups — that they are accepted … as a matter of course, along with everyone else.” Purveyors of hate “aim to undermine this assurance, call it in question, and taint it with visible expressions of hatred, exclusion and contempt.”

>Even though hate speech is characterized by First Amendment absolutists as a private act of expression that should be protected from government controls and sanctions, Waldron insists that “hate speech and defamation are actions performed in public, with a public orientation, aimed at undermining public goods.”

wrong link

amazon.co.uk/Harm-Hate-Speech-Jeremy-Waldron/dp/0674416864

>aimed at undermining public goods
so minorities are goods to be exchanged?

When some one releases private or classified information it the crime isn't the speech, its the theft of protected information.

That's why once its out its fine for the media to talk about it.

I can see how it can be read that way but earlier context refers to a "public good", i.e. public service. Not good as in product.

>But harms to dignity, he contends, involve more than the giving of offense. They involve undermining a public good, which he identifies as the “implicit assurance” extended to every citizen that while his beliefs and allegiance may be criticized and rejected by some of his fellow citizens, he will nevertheless be viewed, even by his polemical opponents, as someone who has an equal right to membership in the society. It is the assurance — not given explicitly at the beginning of each day but built into the community’s mode of self-presentation — that he belongs, that he is the undoubted bearer of a dignity he doesn’t have to struggle for.

Kill yourself.

Does reading the wikipedia synopsis of a film count as watched?

FILM IS A VISUAL MEDIUM

letterboxd.com/filmcommentary/
this guy is 14 wtf, isn't this illegal, plus he reviews art house with nudity and his parents are ok with it or something i guess
fuck when i was 14 i jerked off every day and was ugly and weak

yeah

Dignity shouldn't be a government protected right. Pointing out any mistake is un-dignifying, this doesn't mean they shouldn't be said.

Any attempt to censor lies completely will end with the truth being censored completely.

BRAVO NOLAN

Hate speech is a meme. Don't be fooled

reminder that pedophilia will never be accepted

>OMG HE'S 14, OMG NUDITY
Must be a burger

this kid is gonna be huge, damn

By whom? And so what?

He'll regret it later when he could've been living instead of watching films t b h

yup, that totally convinces me over some book that someone actually researched and spent months writing.

Exactly, goy, I mean guy

Confusion, mayhem!
I meant to this goy, er, guy

>Watch 2000 films
>Rate trash like the VVITCH 5/5

THE VVITCH is objectively well-made

In some sense dignity already is a protected right since you can't discriminate against ethnic groups, different genders or sexual orientations in America (well, in most places).

Hate speech and free speech isn't about pointing out "mistakes," it's about using the First Amendment as a cover to threaten or undermine the legitimacy of groups of people.

is Haydn the biggest tryhard letterboxd has ever spawned?

letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

Yeah, for breaking out of embryo 2000 is a sensible number, but out of pleb, it's way higher

Yes, but not 10/10.

People will still have hateful opinions and find ways to express them even if you ban it. Dialogue is always better

every single vamemer seems to try to one up the previous purple rose review of some shit film

What a load of bullshit. Any faggot- or group of faggots- out there without thick skin deserves bad things.
This is a satire decade.

nathan walker and josh lewis are way worse than him

letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/robocop/

so apparently manners + mutual respect = bullshit now? weird. but I guess it does explain the state of today's online discourse.

hate speech isn't just insults either. It's a vocal and public negation of a group's place in society.

how different is a brighter summer day from yiyi? thought yiyi was alright, and the trailer summer made it seem really, really similar. afraid because its been sold to me as one of the greatest movies, but i guess people say the same about yiyi and i didnt feel that connected to it (really loved the urban asian atmosphere though).

what's the best film to kill yourself to?

How did you like Cat People, fabs?

Discrimination =/= 'hatespeech'

Discrimination is an action, speech are just ideas expressed as sounds.

And I'm sure your going to bring up harassment.

Following someone around and shouting nigger at them is not the same as using the word in general. It isn't the word that is the crime, its the action of following someone around shouting at them.

And I said shouldn't.

So beautiful and thoughtful.
>I guess it does explain the state of today's online discourse
That's no worry, my sjw friend. The elimination of the hateful people, and the continuous building of safe spaces is to be like wildfire They'll be corrected.

man fuck this shit if i wasted my youth anyway why couldnt i waste it on avanteenness instead of drooling over umihara kawase or some nerd shit. always envious of these kids but ive grown to tolerate it the older i get. there will always bee 1000 nikas wiser than me...

if you are a victim of discrimination that could be from speech as well as physical, psychological or judicial. Speech is an act or action that can harbor discriminatory properties.

The example you used is exactly why I said
>hate speech isn't just insults either. It's a vocal and public negation of a group's place in society.

"nigger" is a loaded racial slur anyway that has links to restriction of human rights, torture and death. Intimidating someone by following them and calling them nigger is threatening and broadcasts your view of an entire race, not just the person you're namecalling.

That's still hate speech and definitely discrimination.

>manners + mutual respect = bullshit now?
No, but its not something that should be legally binding.

The state has no right to demand I respect someone, that is something for them to earn or lose on an individual level.

>It's a vocal and public negation of a group's place in society.

How is this a bad thing? I think you've worded that incredibly counter to your own points, and it reveals their hypocrisy.

>well made
>trash
wait, what?

it may fuck up his perception of reality, not saying teens shouldn't fuck or jerk off, but watching films like that and with approval of parents seems ehrm weird

No, it is a word. You not liking something doesn't make it wrong.

Every connotation you have added is projected onto it, on an objective level every single word is exactly the same. The only action in speech is the release of sound.

maybe he's doing both, fucking stacies and watching films
maybe he even goes by "angelopoulos and chill" at school