Mfw rap is actually dead, swallowed up by the top 40 pop machine...

mfw rap is actually dead, swallowed up by the top 40 pop machine, or nothing but retarded mumbling faggots who all look the same and only really cringey white hipsters listen to it

hlyshit you described my work environment

Rap was always for white hipster cucks. Nothing more cucked than pretending to understand and assign deep cultural meaning to a culture that hates you.

Fucking millennials let this happen. Has there been a more gullible, more corporate generation ever?

Why not make some rap that you like then and revive your preferred style?

hopefully a new genre takes hold soon
then what the fuck do black people listen to if their flagship genre is for white cucks?

Jazz and funk are both pretty cool, or they could stop caring about listening to "black" music and check out other genres. I've never met a black person who listened to ambient music or shoegaze or anything like that.

AND IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE FAGGOTS. IT'S SO CHEAP AND EASY TO MAKE RECORD LABELS ARE NEVER GOING TO BOTHER PAYING BANDS TO RECORD AND PLAY ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS EVER AGAIN, ALL YOU NEED IS A MAC BOOK

THE ONLY THING EASIER IS EDM SO GET USED TO IT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Nope. This generation has no edge. That's because the people shouting "Fuck the system! Fuck Donald Trump! Fuck the government!" are ironically, the top 40 pop stars and the mainstream media. The system. Their angst is so thin and manufactured.

What about rap music that uses real bands for the tracks?

i mean shit like imagine dragons and coldplay is at that same level of ease and still pretty popular

I love kids like you who think they can distance themselves from "those millenials" just because they frequent Sup Forums

lol, I'm black and I have listen to shoegaze and ambient. I don't actively listen to them anymore because they are boring. Ambient and shoegaze music has sounded the same for the last ten years.

Don't twist my words Trumpcuck, go shove a red hot poker in your ass

ambient music should basically only be used as background music you dont pay attention to

I didn't give my opinion of Trump. I'm just stating facts. Its pretty obviously that all of this hatred for the government and the president is manufactured by big corporations when literally every news network outside of Fox, and every A-list actor and comedian, and every top 40 artist is parroting the same talking points.

>instruments cost too much
>funds 1000000000 EDM festival with holograms and lasers

I see you make this shit point in like every thread and i want you to fucking stop

Those were just the "whitest" genres I could think of. You're probably pretty cool, though.

Assuming someone's personality based on their taste in music is pretty white as well.

I'm sorry, I take it back. You're not cool.

Rap is hitting a wall creatively.

All the stuff that was fresh and creative at the beginning of the decade is getting stale and overdone.

I think people will move into the next genre that can present something fresh if rap doesnt get its shit together.

Probably EDM, although p4k has been trying to yuppify metal for years now but metal heads will fucking stab a hipster faggot, and hipster faggots like soft and faggy music

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I hope you didn't take that too personally.

even obama got a lot of hate during office, thats what happens to the us president. maybe some of the extra hate is from being a real estate mogul known for racial discrimination and sketchy practices or platforming off of hating mexicans and youth culture or simultaneously being a twitter whore and continuing to be a social media whore during his term or even the grab her by the pussy thing

I'm just fucking with you. That reply was a joke, mate.

I took it personally, faggot.

Oh no
Rap is dead

>a lot of hate
Maybe from inbred redneck faggots in Alabama. Celebrities and the mainstream media loved him, and it might have something to do with the fact that they're his friends and family.

Rap is stagnant right now.

I don't think it will die but there will be a clear distinction, more than ever, of what was a top 40 machine record, and what was a "real" record.

Not saying a die hard rapper can't make a top 40 hit, but the top 40/mainstream/general public shit just soinds generic af now.

Artists like Vince Staples are pushing different sounds

you're the idiot who bought into the idea of "generations"
maybe you're the gullible one

>benghazi
oh no, it's retarded

>sleeping in while soldiers die, calling your lazy ass over 600 times, begging for help