Star Trek

Objectively true rankings

Why don't you like the federation?

Cuz edgy.

Muh prime directive

Romulans got the stealth tech early on but after that just turned into the other of the iron curtain, living in forced exile. They're like the communists of the trek universe. They're literally the most irrelevant. Just MAH NOSTALGIA because TOS.

Dominion too, they can shape change, and literally do nothing. Ferengi feels like a bunch of frat boys scheming to make money. God only knows how they come up with the technology...

Daily Reminder Enterprise is the best Star Trek series ever.

Top Tier:
Borg before they got a queen
Q Continuum; most powerful empire

High Tier:
Dominion; largest empire
Ferengi Alliance; most peaceful empire

Mid Tier:
Federation; overall strong, seemingly unbeatable to spite odds
Romulans; very stable and tricky

Low Tier:
Klingons; pretty much always lose, shitty government
Cardassians; always lose in the long run
Orion Syndicate; violent thugs

Shit Tier:
Bajorians
Borg with a queen

The dominion hardly "do nothing".

Over the course of only a few years after discovering the wormhole, they completely conquered one of the largest empires in the region (Caucasians), caused a large scale Coup d'etat attempt on Earth, wiped out the Klingon fleet and a majority of the Federation fleet, pretty much took over the klingon government, and conquered a large number of the lesser empires in the alpha quadrant. They accomplished an absurdly large amount in the short time they appeared in star trek

what about the vulcans you fucking idiot.

i'd drop romulans down to low tier, and replace it with vulcans, because romulans just stagnant. even with cloaked ships for hundreds of years, they gain little, except for being warmongering like klingons but without the balls to fight anyone, ANYONE at all. The few times they're around, there's even talk about how shitty life is in their own government and it's all propaganda.

Oh ya, that shit is why I hate them. All of it is exposition. If it wasn't for picard romulans would have done that before. Klingons should have died off a lot fucking sooner, so it followed the rule of "new aliens are like gods" syndrome that I thought was done.

They were like the borg and romulans combined together. But BORING.

the Vulcans are part of the United Federation of Planets. They were founding members, in fact.

again, vulcans are part of the Federation.

The power of the Romulans is that they're the only empire that hasn't had a crushing defeat or major fuckup. They may not expand much, but they also managed to get through the Borg invasion, the Dominion, a long war with the Federation and Klingons, all without any problems.

I always liked Voyager better, Doctor was the best character of all time.

That episode where Porthos is replaced with an imposter and no one notices then gets replaced yet again and no one notices.

teenage edge lords

Well if they did we don't know. They made them so cloak and dagger, we never really knew shit about them. Why would dominion care about them, no real advantage or disadvantage. I always will wonder why they didn't do anything with them.

They pretty much flew outdated ships with the proprietary rights for having cloaking, other then the Klingons, so that pretty much made them Klingons without the "edgy" relgion that turned out to be real...

I mean they turned out to just be Vulcan Klingons so from a narrative point of view, either of them would do better in the story. Kind of made them a third wheel.

Yeah but vulcans aren't humans are they?

KEK

Yes, Vulcans and Klingons were a part of the federation eventually... But I've heard rumors of Series where they aren't.

Swing the sword, get the board

Why is TNG era federation so commie? Compared to TOS era federation

>(((frat boys)))

because TOS was before they removed currency and TNG was after they removed currency

You are pretty much asking "why are the communists more like commies than the capitalists?"

also, keep in mind they didn't have replicators in TOS. Replicators were a real game-changer for economics. In TNG, pretty much every household has at least one replicator, mainly for food. It's a post-scarcity society. In the original series, they were still worried about getting enough grain to feed colonists (that was the main plot of The Trouble with Tribbles)

From what I've inferred, 24th century+ Federation guarantees a basic standard of living via replicators which can produce almost anything (except certain substances and objects of sufficient complexity)
Gold-pressed latnium seems to exist as a universal currency though and on DS9 Sisko did fine Quark for damages to the station to be paid in GPL so maybe the Federation isn't entirely commie but instead just guarantees your physical needs will be met.

>romulans over cardassians

bump

>Leaving out Andorians

>Lumping the filthy changelings in with the Jem'Hadar

Get out.

wtf I hate Enterprise now.

You forgot all the other shit tier groups like the Borg and the Xindi