ITT: Good modern horror movies

ITT: Good modern horror movies

After you, OP

hahaha good one dude, top lels

Someone help me get the hype behind this. I thought it was visually intriguing but the interest stops there. Also, Christ, the dad was near unintelligible. He must speak at a steady 3 decibels

I really liked It Follows, especially the soundtrack

>I really liked It Follows,
hola reddito

i had to put on subtitles

are you retarded? Born and raised in NY and i can understand him fine

fucking shitters

is this not enough?

Oh is this a reddit opinion of me to have

It's understandable a redditor like you wouldn't be able to grasp the genius of this modern day shining. it's okay bud. stick to it follows.

Oh that's my bad then, sorry. I'll change my opinions

>I really liked It Follows

sigh. Then go find some AV Club articles and other shitty stealth marketing that reinforce this is a good flick and you'll be on the hype train in no time.

I came in hyped, but I left underwhelmed.

I couldn't take the over-dramatic Middle English seriously.

Also some of it was just funny, e.g. the incest stares, the /ss/ scene with the witch.

Ok I'll search for some

>inb4 "not a horror"

That beach scene was scarier than anything in horror movies in the past decade. It was scary because it was "real" too, i personally can't get scared if it's some spoopy ghost or a witch.

the witch was fucking shit

like this dude said, and that ending was unintentionally funny

the witch was boring as shit unitl the last few bits where the goat turned out to be satan.

It follows wasnt scary but a few days after watching it I couldn't get out of my head how creepy it was.

Blair witch was good if you consider that modern.

but really Blumhouse is cranking out good stuff left and right except for the insidious movies.

>That beach scene was scarier than anything in horror movies in the past decade.
hola reddito

Also the baby-eating "scene" didn't really have much of an effect on me. Granted, I laughed during Snowpiercer during the "babies taste best" scene, so take that for what you will.

The monster from It Follows was actually pretty creepy.

How the plot plays out between the characters felt fedora-tier though. I mean it was
>"nice guy"s feelings "reciprocated" by stacy and "happy end"
>but only because she was scared shitless of dying
>also he didn't mind taking the risk because he was retardedly head-over-heels for her
>this confidence, despite the fact that his plan to kill the thing miserably failed
>meanwhile the heartless "chad" figure who never believed her and just used her for sex died horribly

It just felt like stacy and chad used each other, then chad died because he was retarded, then the hot chick used the nice guy as a shield because the nice guy was also retarded, but not retarded enough to not believe her.

You could have had the monster without all this social drama/pandering.

Still, if it was just for the monster goofing around it would've been boring or onedimensional.

I really don't mind having horny clueless teens in my movies - as long they're not brainless enough to WALK towards the danger aka down the cellar/into the woods.

I read there's a fart joke in It Follows, that immediately destroyed any interest I had in it