Would you survive stepping on an anti tank mine?

Would you survive stepping on an anti tank mine?

Other urls found in this thread:

lexpev.nl/minesandcharges/europe/germany/dm11at.html
npr.org/2011/04/10/134421473/weight-of-war-soldiers-heavy-gear-packs-on-pain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude i'm 55kg

yup 175lbs here

69.8 coming from 73 a few months ago nigger

220 lbs?

That doesn't seem right. An infantryman might only be 150-175 lbs, but he'd be carrying a lot of weight, no? Plus the force of a step adds more to the total weight for that instant.

All keks aside that's actually a good point. Then again while you're walking your downward force is divided over your two feet. And I imagine the extra force from a healthy jog is negligible

It's pressure based, to exert 100kg of pressure you'd have to balance yourself on top of the mine with both feet, something that doesn't happen.

Also it depends on the mine, some mines operating pressure is 120kg, others is 160kg.

the mine in the picture would require 150kg of weight to trigger.
even the 'normally requiring 100kg' is false.

lexpev.nl/minesandcharges/europe/germany/dm11at.html

>90~150
stop pulling shit out of your ass.

but that's false info
>"stop pulling shit out of your ass."

Though this is a joke anyone wanna start spamming this shit on tumblr?

I seriously doubt there weren't soldiers over 100 kg with full combat gear.
Doesn't seem logical.

Anywho, i'm below 100 kg now, and going strong on a 800 calorie deficit+4 calisthenics workout/week.
If you wanna lose weight just go browse fit, you'll find the motivation and information required there. Also youtube.
It's now easier than ever.
Or step on an anti-tank mine idgaf.

as I said the vehicle triggered pressure fuzes need at least 150kg or 1500N force.. often it's 180-300kg

>you'd have to balance yourself on top of the mine with both feet
Incorrect.
Half the time when your entire weight is on one foot, because you are constantly picking up one foot to step forward. Every time you swing your left foot out from behind you, all your weight is on your right foot. Every time you swing your right foot out from behind you, your entire weight is on your left foot.

Also user is right. Soldiers routinely carry 100lbs or more in gear.

right, was late, i apologize

My advice to lardlords still stands though.

>Half the time when your entire weight
*Half the time when you're walking your entire weight

I don't even think I could trigger an anti-personnel mine

>100kg
Nope.
59kg and loosing weight.

SHIT. I WOULD DETONATE ONE. BUT I AM 6'4"

When i was 14 y/o i weight 250 lbs for 5''5' now 165 for 5''8'

>Also user is right. Soldiers routinely carry 100lbs or more in gear.
did you just pull that out of your ass in your moms basement to justify you weighing 400 pounds? marine here, we carry about 40-50 pounds of shit in a given day and usually less in war zones so we can move quicker.

i don't think any tanks browse Sup Forums so nobody here will get hurt

>did you just pull that out of your ass
I'm not even going to try and convince you of who I am or where I've been. You won't believe me any more than I believe you. Instead, here's a news source to shut you up:
npr.org/2011/04/10/134421473/weight-of-war-soldiers-heavy-gear-packs-on-pain

holy shit americans are pussies. 50 lbs so 22kg
average uk soldier carries 55kg (120 lbs) of equipment

wouldnt display being a marine so proud, welfare queen. youre shit tier

funny how people believe any single source online and immidiately become experts and call others bullshitters.

>smaller vehicles of lesser importance
What the fuck kind of car weighs less than 220 lbs? For reference a mini weighs 1279 lbs, and that's without anyone in it.
But hey, at least I wouldn't set off this bullshit at 158 lbs.

yea the royal marines are so badass; just sitting around sipping tea. they aren't even real marines, bunch of pussies.

and im sure the royal marines are considered welfare queens too you fucking retard.

i hope our countries go to war again so we can completely wreck you guys again.

Good for you slimming down dude, but fuck you must've been quite a butterball as a baba.

A bicycle can be a vehicle

How would a jeep not set that off?

I weigh 16 stone most probably

Oh yeah, how could I forgot those machines of war.

140 lbs roughly, I'm good

>implying civilians do not exist

They won the war user, for fucks suck

He's not a real Marine anyway. Just an IOTV by itself can go anywhere from 16-35lbs before you even think about a weapon, magazines, water, or a pack. If his total loadout was 50lbs he wasn't anywhere near the fighting.

Yeah I could I think. Last time I weighed myself I was 190 I've gained enough weight since then to cause really nasty stretch marks.

no, but at 6'6 id be a scrawny bitch if i weighed that little

Marine vet here

Your generation has it easier.

Boot

>less in a warzone
>40 to 50 lbs
You're either a liar, an idiot, a boot, or a pog.

The vest I was issued in Afghanistan with the plates and inserts weigh right around 30 lbs. Plus the rucksacks or straight up packs, weapons and ammo, kevlar, and canteens that's well over 50. Hell even a short range patrol packs around at least 60 lbs of gear.

And that's a rifleman. SAW gunners have to pack around even more shit.

This is true, most Anti-Tank mines require a pressure of around 350 lbs to detonate.

Not sure of specifics of how long pressure has to be held or if it needs to be evenly distributed or some shit like that.

How the fuck are you alive