Objective top 5 greatest QBs to have ever played football in the superbowl era

Objective top 5 greatest QBs to have ever played football in the superbowl era

1 - Brady (Would be Otto Graham if we counted before superbowl era)

2 - Montana

3 - Terry Bradshaw

4 - Bart Starr

5 - Eli Manning

Discuss

montana is the greatest super bowl performer and that is not debatable. he never threw an interception in a super bowl game, his 9ers hold the record for the greatest margin of victory in a super bowl game in which he threw 5 (five) touchdowns, and he defeated the same team twice in the super bowl (the bengals) which brady couldn't do with the giants.

montana is the greatest super bowl performer and that is not debatable. he never threw an interception in a super bowl game, his 9ers hold the record for the greatest margin of victory in a super bowl game in which he threw 5 (five) touchdowns, and he defeated the same team twice in the super bowl (the bengals) which brady couldn't do with the giants.

failing to get to the super bowl > losing the super bowl

failing to get to the super bowl > losing the super bowl to the same team, same coach, and same quarterback twice while being the favorite in both games

>Brady
I can't dispute this.

>Montana
Again can't dispute that you could honestly switch Brady and Montana based on whatever metrics you use.

>Terry Bradshaw
No, Top 10 sure but not top 5. Terry had a one of the GOAT defenses and a GOAT running back core hell he only made it to one of those Superb Owls because his running back caught a deflected ball.

>Bart Starr
I honestly don't think he is Top 5 anymore.

>Eli Manning
No. Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Steve Young the list goes on but they are/were all better then Eli. Even if we were talking purely Superb Owls he wasn't that good in those games.

Brady and 'mon are somewhat interchangable at this point but you could also make the argument that Brady had less help, especially on offense, while winning the same amount and getting to 2 more plus the undefeated season, and the fact that he would have 6 if his defense could make just one stop and would be 19-0 if some guy didn't catch a ball on his helmet. Meanwhile montana got blown out 45-3 against the giants in the NFCCG.

Also we have to note that Brady career isn't over yet and number 5 is extremely likely. Who the fuck can stop them this year?

>mcnabb

top lel. wouldn't draft him over eli. i wouldn't take peyton either. You could make a case for the rodge being top 5

1. Tom Brady - This one is obvious
2. Joe Montana - Bit of a Walsh baby though
3. John Elway - The most athletic of the bunch
4. Roger Staubach - So underrated
5. Peyton Manning - Wilted in the big moments

>terry bradshaw

No one talking about basically the greatest payoff QB of all time. Man Kurt Warner is underrated.

If you're going to make a troll thread like this, it would've been more believable if you extended it to top 10 and THEN put Eli in there. Enjoy your dying thread now.

>2 pick sixes in 2 different superbowls
>lost both by less than a touchdown

jej.

Mike Vick is the greatest QB of all time. That's a fact. Give him Bull walsh, joe gibbs, or bill bellichick and if he didn't beat up dogs he would be the undisputed GOAT with 7 rings right now.

You are free to list your top 5 if you wish

>official yuro hours
>obese pig makes failegg thread
disgusting

Brady and Montana yes
>Eli
>claiming a time frame for non americans

how cucked over america is the rest of the world?

>It's a "great" shitstain resident thinks he's relevant

Meanwhile you can't beat our worst, poorest white trailer park trash redneck incest filled nigger cesspool state in GDP.

Get to a fucking dentist you poorfag

To be fair, the Harrison one was a once in a generation play, not your standard pick 6.

>2000:
Throws 3 passes all season as he rides the bench.

>2001:
Throws only 1 TD the entire playoffs as spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to a Super Bowl victory.

>2002:
Throws for less yards than Kerry Collins in regular season as Patriots finish behind Dolphins and Jets in the AFC East to miss the playoffs.

>2003:
Throws for fewer TDs than Aaron Brooks in regular season; spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to another Super Bowl victory.

>2004:
Throws for fewer TDs than Jake Delhomme in regular season; spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to another Super Bowl victory.

>2005:
Throw 2 INTs and gets outplayed by Jake Plummer as Patriots lose to Broncos in divisional round.

>2006:
Throws 3 INTs with a 57.6 QB rating while barely getting by Chargers, implodes against the Colts in AFC Championship loss.

>2007:
Throws only 1 TD and gets outplayed by Eli Manning in the biggest choke in professional sports history, blowing immortality and a perfect season. "MVP" year.

>2008:
Throws 11 passes before missing the entire rest of the year because he can't withstand a basic hit. Patriots still manage to win 11 games without him.

>2009:
Throws 3 INTs at home with a 49.1 QB Rating in wild card round loss to the Ravens.

>2010:
Throws INT after not throwing one since Week 5 and gets outplayed by Mark Sanchez in divisional round loss at home to Jets. "MVP" year.

>2011:
Throws 2 INTs with a 57.5 QB Rating while barely getting by the Ravens, gets outplayed by Eli Manning in the Super Bowl... again.

>2012:
Throws 2 INTs with a 62.3 QB Rating in AFC Championship loss to Ravens.

>2013:
Throws only 1 TD in AFC Championship Game loss to Broncos.

>2014:
Throws for less yards than Philip Rivers in the regular season; deflategate, Seattle's awful play calling on the 1 carry him to another Super Bowl victory.

>2015:
Throws 2 INTs with a 56.4 QB rating in AFC Championship Game loss to Broncos.

>2016
Suspended for cheating.

>2016
>Random user is still posting picked apart, biased and isolated nonsense about an athlete on a Brazilian Cabbage Patch Kids power level debate forum

He stared down Boldin pretty badly though. That's a ball he should have thrown away or just taken the sack

You've got a point in that though. Brady nearly threw the exact same pick 6 in 2014 but edelman is a fucking monster and broke the dudes arm before he took it 2 da house. Plus he was lucky enough that his defense finally made a stop, warner's defense didn't.

Top 50 Quarterbacks, 1950 to Present

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Roger Staubach
4. Peyton Manning
5. Johnny Unitas
6. Brett Favre
7. Steve Young
8. Dan Marino
9. John Elway
10. Bart Starr
11. Fran Tarkenton
12. Otto Graham
13. Len Dawson
14. Aaron Rodgers
15. Terry Bradshaw
16. Drew Brees
17. Jim Kelly
18. Troy Aikman
19. Ben Roethlisberger
20. Bob Griese
21. Sonny Jurgensen
22. Norm Van Brocklin
23. Ken Stabler
24. Bobby Layne
25. Dan Fouts
26. Warren Moon
27. Y. A. Tittle
28. Joe Namath
29. Ken Anderson
30. Kurt Warner
31. Phillip Rivers
32. Tony Romo
33. John Brodie
34. Donovan Mcnabb
35. Randall Cunningham
36. Phil Simms
37. John Hadl
38. Boomer Esiason
39. Roman Gabriel
40. Jim Hart
41. Dave Krieg
42. Eli Manning
43. Drew Bledsoe
44. Steve Mcnair
45. Daryle Lamonica
46. Rich Gannon
47. Earl Morrall
48. Bert Jones
49. Joe Theismann
50. Billy Kilmer

>32. Tony Romo

le joke or no? dak has already surpassed him in 1 years time kek

>No Sammy Baugh

>no micahel vick

b8

1950 to present, Sid Luckman and sammy baugh were before then

to me football really started with the merger with the AAFC, but I won't mind if you see it differently.

>1950 : Football started

Is Rivers a bad quarterback or something? Or is the criteria for being "good" leading all passing statistics year in and year out?

>Is Rivers a bad quarterback or something

He's garbage to be honest.

I'm sure most of your responses to this will be shitposting, but I'll say good job, user. Staubach is a bit too high for my liking but a well done list.

>Big Ben

>More interceptions than TDs in the super bowl

You are a stupid fucking faggot

>Eli

Is this bait?

>30. Kurt Warner

Different user here. I mean, are you implying that Big Ben is NOT better than Eli Manning?

Lmao. Sure buddy. Good luck with the traffic in NYC, I hear it's tough out there this weekend.

1. Brady
2. Marino
3. Montana
4. Favre
5. Elway

good list

even for a tripfag that i would otherwise tell to himself

Not garbage. He's been cursed to play as part of a terribly run organization. He's one of those 'what if' qbs who could have potentially been good had he played somewhere else.

This. Swap Rivers with Eli or Ben on their respective teams and I bet Rivers has a Super Bowl win. Maybe not two because I still rate Ben highest among those three, and Eli has a magic playoff autism quality, but I do think Rivers gets one.

This is truly the dumbest fucking post I have ever seen on Sup Forums. Terry fucking Bradshaw? ELI MANNING? You do realize that the best quarterback isn't just the guy who won the most rings right? I mean holy shit, might as well put Aikman on the list you retard.

Top 5 is:
1) Marino
2) Elway
3) Manning
4) Brady
5) Montana

Honorable mentions: Staubach, Tarkenton, Young, Favre, Brees, Rodgers, Moon

Pre-owl GOAT: Unitas
Pre-owl honorable mentions: Van Brocklin, Graham, Starr

>marino

is this a joke?

>elway

okay maybe top 10, top 5 is a stretch

>manning

if peyton, top 20 is a stretch. dude's a choker

>brady

respectable

>montana

respectable

>no bradshaw

cuck. He was great

Rings are a team accomplishment. If Elway had played in Walsh's offense he would have won 6 owls or more. It's not his fault he was stuck with fucking Dan Reeves for most of his career. And Marino threw 48 fucking touchdown in fucking 1984! That might the single most impressive accomplishment in NFl history. The record stood all the way until Manning's 2004 season.

>If Elway had played in Walsh's offense he would have won 6 owls or more

no elway was a proven choker that needed Terell to win.

>And Marino threw 48 fucking touchdown in fucking 1984

Another proven choking statpadding babby. It's not that impresssive when you think about it. Sure it was revolutionary but dbs of the time were not equipped to deal with a pass heavy offense. The Cbs of this generation are the best players on the field

Nah he wouldn't. I'm a huge Vick fan, but he's said it himself that he doesn't have a strong work ethic and also his accuracy was always his biggest weakness. He is by far the greatest mobile-qb of all time and anyone who tries to dispute this is retarded.

> tony romo

>if peyton, top 20 is a stretch. dude's a choker
You're retarded.