Look, I don't know a better place to post my issues anonymously so might as well start here...

Look, I don't know a better place to post my issues anonymously so might as well start here. I'm an underage teen about to graduate highschool, I have no idea what I want to major in college, so my mom decided to give me some 'motivation' wherein I have to decide in three days or I'm being kicked out of the house. I just have no where else to go and don't know what to do anymore, I have heavy depression issues that I haven't even told her about, can anyone give me advice on how to choose what to do with my life?

what the fuck?!? is your mom on fucking meth? most adults don't even know what they're fucking doing. find a youth shelter or call social services user. they suck but it won't be long until you graduate and turn 18, then you have your whole fucking life to figure it out ahead of you.

don't give up user. ever.

i agree with user, if your parent is going to kick you out over something like that they are a poor excuse of a parent. Stay strong OP. I have faith in you.

STEM

It's really easy.

1. Pick literally any major. How about business.

2. Change major once you figure out what you want to do.

There's like 2 universities nationwide that lock you into your declared major, you'll be fine.

kill yourself you fucking nigger

Grow a pair, fucking millennials being bitches, Jesus Christ. Cunts.

Just because your future failed and you're living a dead end life where each day is a constant battle to not off yourself because you're going nowhere doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

Sorry to her you're going through this bud.

First off, she sounds like a pretty terrible parent. That's not really how someone should make a choice. If anything, it'll just rush them and they'll make a bad one out of fear. You should still be allowed to have some time to think it over, barely anyone has their mind set on one thing when they graduate.

Wut you're going to want to look at is wut makes ya happy in life and then go on from there. Does having a partner sound nice? Having kids? Backpacking across different areas of the world? Just focus on looking for wut you want in life and settle for jobs that can keep you upright in the meantime. Please do not go to college for the sake of it, only if you know wut you want and it's a necessity for that job. For most other jobs, most resources you need are in books or online.

Most importantly, just be happy. Gotta stay mentally strong to succeed. I wish you the best in life bud, hope I helped a little and if anyone wants to add to this or correct me on anything here, I'd appreciate it. ^_^

Make a list of all the jobs you'd hate to have then and head in the opposite direction

Here*, sorry, pretty bad at typing quickly.

This. Better be safe than sorry.

Hey user, sorry to hear about your situation.

I grew up in shithole group homes and got myself into college because it was the only way out (couldn't stay w parents after graduation). At first, I was miserable and fucking terrified because I had no idea what was to come. I was always treated like I was too mentally ill to succeed so I thought that I'd fuck it all up. I wanted to be an artist, but I knew that wouldn't make money.
I chose environmental science, because it's a field in high demand right now and I can still do writing, the only thing I'm good at. Now I'm considering law.
Point of my stupid story is nobody's meant to know what they're doing and you're not necessarily meant to do any specific one thing either. I never thought I'd see myself doing anything involving science, let alone law, but here I am.

You will find something that works. It may not be perfect or what you imagined, but you have plenty of time anyway.

Besides, no one really gives a shit about your undergrad degree unless you're going into a very specific field.

love how gen-x is so miserable that they've got nothing better to do than shit on us for, you know, valuing our limited time on this planet and wanting to do stuff we like

>how to choose what to do with my life?

yes, here's some advice

Your college major isn't going to determine what you do with your life.

It has some effect on the kind of career options available to you, but that's really just for your job. Your job is not going to be your life, unless it's something you're super passionate about. A job is usually just a job.

>Besides, no one really gives a shit about your undergrad degree unless you're going into a very specific field.

Yep

And usually if you go into a very specific field, they want a master's degree or some kind of advanced postgrad training any way.

sounds like you might be better off out of your parents house. that being said, stop being a beta fuck and pick something you're interested in. Media/PR is a big field right now, so are computers. general business will never steer you wrong and also allows for a lot of liberal arts courses. sack up and get to work, this isn't a dress rehearsal.

Be the machine or be eaten by the machine.

Alright, truth bombs here.
I know the feel in terms of being lost.
I personally choose to do possibly two carriers. Primary as Military, secondary as a computer graphic designer.
I'd choose military if you're in shape, can keep the bitch off your back till you're back from your tour.
Then you can choose whatever you want. I'd choose something you're good with, in my case, computers and more or less some designing behind myself. Military is more of an escape than anything.

cheaprvliving.com

This is a serious suggestion, look into it.

Update time, I didn't want to tell my dad about it because he's working so hard oit of ciry to support us but I told a friend about my current situation, and he got in contact with my dad and told him. He came home immediately and told me that there's no way in hell that I'm being kicked out of his house, and that I have all the time in the world to pick what I want and I sobbed hard. Thank you to everyone who replied and took time out of their day to give me their piece, it really means a lot that complete strangers would go out of their way to even comfort me more than my mom has in her entire life. The k you, so, so much.

Out of city*

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that but the best advice is that you should see this as an opportunity to do whatever the fuck you want. You have a high school education, so build on that, or dope shit. You can always go back to school.

This

Also, go into IT. Never will you want for a job. I live in the Netherlands and get a new job offer every 2 or 3 days.

I'm 44 and live in a mental health facility. WANT TO TRADE FUCK?!

Damn, how'd you end up there?

Just say that you're majoring in law or computer science or some shit and study something else when you get there

Long, bad story. Point is, if you're 30 and under, no terminal illness, or severe mental illness. Then it's not too late. It does take organization, planning, focus,and work.

I feel you OP. I was 18 when I was kicked out of my house. Live alone now in a small apartment with a dead end job. Dont fuck up life OP.