What gen are you

What gen are you

Gen Y

Gen Y, according to that chart, which I think is technically wrong.

>Formative Experiences

I have way more from Gen X than Gen Y, except for 9/11.

End Of The Cold War, Thatcherism, Early Mobile Technology, First PC, Latch-Key are far more my experience.

>Attitude towards technology

>Digital Natives

We didn't have a computer in the home until I was 16. I'd already left home by the first time I got a mobile.

>Signature product

I have all three and use all three regularly.

>Communication

Definitely text or social media - Like literally everyone else including my 60 year old mother.

Gen X

Gen Z but grew up with Gen Y technology due to having a poorfag family

Gen Y master race.

Gen Y. I think having the signature product as tablet/smart phone is a bit too new. Mobile phone itself was just as impacting at the time. Also, the phone integrated communication into clothing thing for post '95 is a bit head in the clouds.

>there are gen Z kids posting here RIGHT NOW

Who /1990/ here

Maturists master race

Nope, if you're 34 years old or younger then you're a millenial. It's why it's so funny when people on this board bitch about "them"- they probably are millenials.

gen z as born in 1996 but i feel much more like a gen y-er

gen y

haha
more like gen WHY

Gen Y but Playstation instead of N64? Come on. N64 was the best.

This

>written by some 60 year old ad exec with one of those "look at me, I'm creative" designer eyeglass frames

This makes alot more sense than the Millennial meme.
>If you're currently under 55 you are a Millennial
>If over 55 you are a Boomer

'Millennial' is such a tainted term that it's become useless as a designation.

Millenial cutoff point seems really off, I'd have said 1998 maybe? Otherwise 1996-8 seem like they don't fit in either category of Y or Z.

Guess there's no real strict way of definting generations though is there.

Dude the world is just USA lmao

Nu-mad

Gen Y 1995 but i grew up in a more gen X environment

Why are Maturists so fucking retarded lmao

X

Seems about right.

This is UK centric though.

Why are baby boomers such degenerates?

literally a UK info graphic you dumb idiotic stupid fucking imbecile

t. illiterate

Generation Y (1989)
I still think there's a big difference between me and someone born in 1995 than to me and someone born in 1980.

>gen Y tablet/smart phones
>that retarded speculation for gen Z signature products
>communication integrated into fucking clothing

The person who made this is an insufferable pseudo.

European education, everyone

It was discussed the other day how there is a split down the middle of the "millenial generation". Like the chart shows, older millenials grew up being called gen Y and have little in common with 90's born people.

Cause they're the special snowflake and entitled fucks that ruined shit for us and expect us to fix their mess

Maturists are the absolute scum.

>follow whatever they're told to do by the powers that be
>kill their own European brothers en masse
>under their reign somehow the US of A gets the temporary world power which is thankfully crumbling at last
>give rise to the shittiest generation that ever lived: the boomers
>America and Europe face the serious risk of being heavily multicultural societies by 2100.

Didn't tablets and ""smart phones"" just start getting big in the 10s?
I mean I had a fucking computer when I was in grade 5(1999) and flip phone when I was teen

Where can I read about their nudist orgies?

They didn't know what they were doing, they were led astray

Yeah, smartphones weren't really a thing until what, 2010/2011 onwards? Before them it would be Blackberry I guess, and before that just typical mobile phones that lacked any operating system uniformity so you got the software you were given and made do.

>all of europe has the same education

americans really are stupid

Hello.

>making dumb meaningless labels and identities

why do dumb amerifats keep doing this.

most people are a combination of all those traits

>pseudo
A pseudo what? pseudo alone is a pseudo-word

t. buttblasted yuropoor

>Gen Z
>born after 1995

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA, no.

It's fucking hilarious how Millennials are so self-hating that they try and twist their own generation to exclude a certain portion of it.

Shut the fuck up ignorant faggot. I hate seeing millennials try to revise history from their pathetic narrow perspective.

>triggered yuros

Baby Boomers are really the ones who popularized this bashing of the generations

>pic is from the UK
>"duh, fugging amuricuns"

>le you're a millennial deal with it grr :3 meme :^)

Well what was it then? I had a Siemens A55 as my first phone, Siemens M60, before a Samsung D900, then a shitty keyboard slide-out until around 2011 (which was called a smartphone anyway), which is when smartphones were actually becoming worthwhile. Before that it was a marketing term that never went anywhere or really meant anything. The iPhone probably had something to do with the acceleration in demand for small touchy feely devices.

End of gen Y (1993)

you're a millennial deal with it

TELEVISION
AND
FILM

>doesnt mention wars for political correctness and tumblr crowds

Anything by committee lacks creativity and soul.

Gen Y ... If youre a numale Z nigger than do us all a favor and kill yourself you fucking faggots

>ellipses
>numale

'91 or die you fucking niggers

Nope. 2000

I'm 35 though.

According to that chart it's '81 onwards.

white people then, you autists just love making up bullshit categories then passing it off as fact

t. triggered numale

:^)

Can we agree that 1992 was a nice year?

Okay how about this.

What is your gen and fav movie?

Millennials include Gen y and z.
One is not like the other.

Cause

Everyone I know born in 92 is a well meaning idiot.

Gen Y thank god

Babby Boomers are cancer

smart phones were already popular in 2008

Gen Z! Where my 2005 Sup Forumsros at???

1 9 9 4

the only person I know who use facetime is my grandmother, and only with other family members

whoever thought facetime was gen z's communication preference is full of bullshit

reported

pseudo has been used as slang for pseudo-intellectual (on Sup Forums at least) for a little while now, it's just not an oversaturated buzzword yet

X

they meant normal kids your age

not a fucking faggot cuck

reported

Smartphones have been around since the mid-90s. Blackberries were a pretty big thing for a while (albeit mostly among professionals, not tweens playing with snapchat) until the iPhone disrupted the market.

The "generation gap" shit was conceived by a Hungarian in the 20s you dumb fuck

1. Gen Y
2. Duck you sucker

Gen X.
Pretty accurate but no mention of console gaming? The NES changed the fucking world, senpai.

Only a small minority got to do acid. Others became a bastardization of the greatest generation.

Gen Y
Days of Heaven

Do (young) people really use facetime? I don't know anyone who buys apple products so I honestly have no idea

literally everyone I know has an iPhone

but they use snapchat

/thread

Practically nobody had a cell phone in the mid 90's, fellah, let alone a smartphone.

Gen Z
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

nobody uses facetime

not true

Yep it was pretty much rich business guys and mulder and scully

nobody(except you) uses facetime

Gen Y
Red Desert

Good Sup Forums thread

Y Amadeus

No, but by the early 2000s Blackberries were a big thing. Not as widespread as smartphones today, granted, but they definitely were popular.

>Mulder and Scully
Classic Nokia

Gen reddit
suicide squad

Yeah, I had both, but the PS and PS2 had like 100+ million consoles sold each. Can't really beat that.