My dad just got in a car accident and killed a 3 month old baby...

My dad just got in a car accident and killed a 3 month old baby. He's currently in the hospital and they don't know whether he was intoxicated or not.
I just took an opiate and i have already drunk 4 beers, planning on drinking more.

Just moved from Norway, this happened in Maryland. Is he going to go to jail?

if it was his fault, yes

if he was drinking, definitely

If they find that he was intoxicated, yeah. Unless he's rich, then probably not.

He's black

How long?

In that case, that nigger's goin away for life.

Oh, it's over for him if he was fucked up. Sorry OP

>edgy

That's what i thought

>black norwegian immigrant to america

wtf

>a 3 month old baby. He's currently in the hospital and they don't know whether he was intoxicated
Why would a 3 month old be intoxicated?

born and raised in norway, half black, half norwegian

so, black

If he was sober, he's going to prison
If he was drunk, he's going to classes

What color was the baby?

If baby was black, MD cops probably won't charge him with anything.

I don't know the details, I literally just got word about it an hour ago.

Sorry, op.

Honestly? Really really sucks.
Hope your dad is ok.
I'm not too worried about the dead baby

p.s.
welcome to 'Murrica

If he caused the crash, yes. If he was drunk, even more so yes. If he did not cause the crash yet he was still drunk, maybe. He still literally killed a baby. Context doesn't really matter when you are a baby killer.

If it was his fault he's fucked.
If he was drinking or on anything he's super duper ultra fucked beyond all hope. Will likley be in prison for years.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Also, Md cops really, really, really hate blacks. More than other state cops tend to. Keep this in mind when you interact with them in the future. If you have a NO passport, I suggest keeping it handy.

It is a good thing though, that any testing to determine his intoxication was done at the hospital, rather than at a police station.

Dude

A doc near me killed a girl driving home drunk. Got five years.

Kids ostracized. Family outcasts. Life changed irreversibly on both sides.

Depending on facts he could do time.

black and blue and red all over

I have a dual citizenship. Just got news that all drug tests came out negative. But sometimes that doesn't really determine if he was on something or not. Atleast that's not what my cousin said.

Atleast that's what my cousin said*

You should drive down to the hospital right now!! Be with him in this moment!

GREAT NEWS.

Yah, they could still find a way to fuck him, and will probably try. But this is a good sign, obv. Hope he comes home, soon.

>pic unrelated

This.

Your dad sounds like a badass.

Why was a 3 month old baby driving a car????

Hopefully he says nothing else to the cops and gets a good lawyer. The cops might try to get him to take more tests, but legally he shouldn't have to. They might also try to get self-incriminating testimony out of him.

Why was a 3 year old baby driving a car?

Actually,

>I just took an opiate and i have already drunk 4 beers, planning on drinking more.
Maybe get your cousin or someone else to drive you there.

Enough dead babies for one day.

>Thread about to die

Good luck, OP.
Worst case, at least your dad isn't Darth Vader.

Dude look for details about the crash look for a news article covering it idk try to determine if it was his fault does your dad drive well? Its not complicated do you think he would have done something dangerous while driving is he the type of guy that go fast or get road rage maybe if not it will calm you down a bit

Also investigate on the 3 month old babys parents try to find their profile pic on facebook or whatever if its some 22 year old guy with a civic as a profile pic its probably not your dads fault

Was this the accident on Great Seneca/ Middlebrook around 6:30pm today? I drove up on it. Maryland is a rough state... either way he will most likely go to prison but only for a couple years AT WORST. The justice system isnt too bad being an East Coast state.. I am sorry that happened to you my dude. I would definitely sober up though. The cops may come to your house to ask questions soon enough... plus if you Dad were to die and you were intoxicated youd probably be a lil fucked in the head for a while.

Call a lawyer if you havent already

So your mom is filth

I don't have a car or a license. The bus comes every hour and takes an hour to get to nearest civilization

This is now a Valhalla thread.

>Is he going to go to jail?
If
>intoxicated
Yes, for many many years.
If not and he is found at fault he would still serve time for manslaughter but it would only be a year or two. The family will also likely sue him into debt forever.
If not and he is not at fault then he's all good. Might still get sued but they won't have very much backing them.

sorry about the macro. i was trying to light the mood up a bit, but that wasn't nice.

on a serious note, I hope everything turns out OK. sometimes accidents are just that: accidents, and it was no one's fault (slippery road, engine failure, or simply poor visibility, etc). the lawyer idea isn't bad. at least talk to the public defender if you get one.

>i don't have le reading comprehension xD

you're not funny, go the fuck back to plebbit. we don't want you here

If not tonight, def make plans to see him in the morning. If your cousin is taking point, make sure you keep in contact with them. Keep your cellphone charged. little stuff like that you can forget in the heat of the moment.

>enough dead babies
Th'flghxt-rkkktlhu isn't summoned yet so you are wrong friend

Same.

I can't stop posting macros though :(

>tfw died and woke up in Hel
>because can't get into Valhalla
>because never killed anyone in glorious battle

Goodnight, OP.

may the Gods be with you and your dad