Looking for some recomendations on new music to listen to

looking for some recomendations on new music to listen to

I generaly like marilyn manson, rammstein, nine inch nails, the cure, gorilaz, smashing pumpkins, linkin park etc.

Impress me faggots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g
youtube.com/watch?v=GMEwM3YHiME
youtube.com/watch?v=0G9Qd_84YZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rob Zombie, 69 eyes, KMFDM, The Smiths, Tool, Korn. Also, Vitas, because why not?

Is pepe your favorite cartoon character?

Know most of these except 69 eyes and vitas, ill check em out. thanks friendo

Skinny puppy

you have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums

you know who else likes all of those bands?

lil uzi vert probably

Ministry

go see what CDs are in the bin on the checkout counter at Hot Topic

good rec desu

fuck off newfag frogposter
read the sticky
also coil

>marilyn manson
edgy fedora-core shit.

>rammstein
fucking meme band for elementary schoolers who don't listen to real metal.

>nine inch nails, the cure
good bands

>gorilaz
awful cringy cartoon reddit tier steaming pile of shit band, have never released a good album.

>smashing pumpkins,
one of the most overrated bands in the history of music. literally ripped off everything that was popular in alt rock in the time, never made a single innovation. Corgan is one of the worst vocalists/lyricists of all time and Disarm is the worst song of the 90's.

>linkin park
A literal joke of a band that no one takes seriously. they have never released a good song.

Before you get banned for being so obviously underage, I'll give you some bands to check out, to expand your taste a little bit.

Wipers
Ween
Electric Wizard
Autechre
Minutemen
Coroner
Tom Waits
Earth

>edgy fedora-core shit.
>fucking meme band for elementary schoolers who don't listen to real metal.
>awful cringy cartoon reddit tier steaming pile of shit band, have never released a good album.
>edgy
>fedora
>fucking meme
>cringy reddit tier
>literally
>literal joke
i know you're getting off on the power of condescension right now but i've got to point out that you sound a million times more underage than op. learn how to actually say something instead of just shitting out a bunch of meaningless buzzwords

>Dude your taste is shit lmao, check out all these artists Sup Forums told me I like instead

Deftones
At the Drive-In
Helmet
Quicksand
Swervedriver

Papa roach
lel

You're right, I was getting off on the power of condescension. I know I sounded pretty retarded but my point was to just get across to OP that a lot of those bands are actually pretty shit so I typed that way too fast with my brain turned off. Just wanted to give him some recs while being a Sup Forums asshole simultaneously, but you are right.

I hope you aren't implying that any of the bands I told him to check out aren't leagues better than most of the bands he posted.

>wipers
pretentious snotty brats. "oh wow look at me i'm totally expanding punk rock!!!"

>ween
dude weed lmao xD

>electric wizard
dude weed and dadrock lmao xD

>autechre
pretentious shite and the two assholes who make it would sell their balls just to be german techno musicians

>minutemen
edgy "fight the power!!" or pretentious stream-of-consciousness lyrics along with a heavy dose of white guilt

>coroner
oh wow look at us we play so fast look at all of these scales we can play!

>tom waits
edgy wannabe steampunk

>earth
"m-maybe if we keep playing one note, people won't notice that all the songs sound the same"

Fuck you, nigger.

>Ween
>Electric Wizard
>Tom Waits
The only good artists you mentioned. Even with that said, Ween is just a quirky pop band and Electric Wizard are just Sabbath worship.

>pretentious snotty brats. "oh wow look at me i'm totally expanding punk rock!!!"
They literally did expand punk rock, and if you think otherwise than you don't know anything about the history of rock music. they were also demonstrably hugely influential.

>dude weed lmao xD
This means nothing

>dude weed and dadrock lmao xD
This means nothing

>pretentious shite and the two assholes who make it would sell their balls just to be german techno musicians
What are you talking about? the IDM made by Autechre has very little in common with german techno.

>edgy "fight the power!!" or pretentious stream-of-consciousness lyrics along with a heavy dose of white guilt
Even if you don't enjoy their lyrical subject matter, you can't deny that their style of jazz-influenced punk was innovative, and that each member was very skilled at their respective instruments. Also, good job at outing yourself as a Sup Forumstard with your meaningless "white guilt" claim.

>oh wow look at us we play so fast look at all of these scales we can play!
Coroner are actually a lot slower tempo than many thrash bands, which is why I like them. They have a unique sense of groove. You clearly haven't listened to them.

>edgy wannabe steampunk
Steampunk? What the fuck are you talking about?

>"m-maybe if we keep playing one note, people won't notice that all the songs sound the same"
First off, it's clear from this statement you don't understand drone music. The point is not the "song," or the changing of notes, but rather the "sound." Sonically, Earth excels. Secondly, thank you for letting me know you have zero experience with Earth outside of Earth 2.

>nigger.
Sup Forums was a mistake. Nice edgy hard R on that.

See for the reasons I appreciate and enjoy all the artists I mentioned.

>Ween is just a quirky pop band
That seems a little reductive, doesn't it? Yes, most of their songs revolve around a pop melody. Usually, however, those melodies are well written, and supported by some unique experimentalism. I consider the Pod one of the best albums of the 90's, if not the best.

>Electric Wizard are just Sabbath worship
At their core, yes, but they expand on that formula significantly more than typical doom/stoner metal bands. I also think that their riffs are distinctive, their guitar tone is unique and crushing, and the vocals of Jus are excellent.

I guess you can say that Electric Wizard's vocals are

Jus excellent

>rammstein
>fucking meme band for elementary schoolers who don't listen to real metal.
That seems a little reductive, doesn't it? Yes, most of their songs revolve around a pop melody. Usually, however, those melodies are well written, and supported by some unique experimentalism. I also think that their riffs are distinctive, their guitar tone is unique and crushing, and the vocals of Jus are excellent.

I explain here why I typed those undercooked criticisms. I apologize for them. I still do think though that at their core, Rammstein are a pretty shit band. I dislike their incorporation of cheesy, dramatic synths on many songs, they use an over-compressed guitar tone that is supposed to emulate heaviness but just sounds like shit and muddles the bass and guitar together, and I hate their melodramatic, operatic vocals.

See, apart from being really edgy, you're expecting someone who likes Rammstein to get into Autechre, which is like the literal opposite of what they do.

See, if you wanna get someone into a genre, you've gotta post stuff that will lead them naturally into it. For example, let's say I love obscure prog rock bands and I want to recommend him Magma. I can't expect him to like them at first hand, so instead I'll drive them into the prog genre with stuff like:

>Tool - The Pot
youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g

>Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
youtube.com/watch?v=GMEwM3YHiME

> Leprous - The Price
youtube.com/watch?v=0G9Qd_84YZs

This tie the genres that OP enjoys (rock, nu-metal) with the genre I'd like him to discover. Also I give him songs and links, so it increases the possibility that he'll give them a try.

Also I didn't insult his tastes. So OP give this a try if you want.

Tom Waits and Nick Cave

The more you reply, the deeper you're digging yourself in pretentiousness

I'll take that non-argument as a concession, then. Try harder next time.

>"If it's not an argument directly attacking me i'm not validating it"
wew

>>one of the most overrated bands in the history of music. literally ripped off everything that was popular in alt rock in the time

You've got it backwards man. The Pumpkins took literally everything that was out of style and made it cool again. Their first two albums drew from Hendrix, Sabbath, and Queen. Sure, they made crunchy alt rock, but Gish came out 6 months before Nevermind. They were ahead of the trend.