Is melon more relevant now than Pitchfork?

he's p4k but with the memes

You don't have to read his videos.

Are either relevant?

I'd say so. I've seen one of his vids and it made me laugh. Haven't delved into other things he's done.

only on this board

Yes. Pretty weird how Pitchfork started to go downhill (2010ish) right when TND started up.

Yes. P4k's credibility and reputation has taken a nosedive over the last 5 or so years.

pitchfork gave barter 6 bnm, ill stick with melon

that is the shittiest, grossest fucking facial hair I have ever seen in my entire life.

He's more with the times. I swear p4k is for thirty year old white people exclusively.
Also he doesn't kiss musician's asses over their race like p4k does.
Still though, he's a fucking nerd and if you base your taste off his you probably are too.

I'm not particularly fond of either, but melonhead is definitely the more relevant of the two. P4k have their own agenda and they support the same type of artists all over.

On the other hand, Fantano is a big part of a lot of artist's success. Take Death Grips, for example. How popular would they be if Fantano didn't ride their dick from the beginning?

He's at the very least undeniably less bad than p4k because he's not as openly pretentious and doesn't make social justice a critical part of his work. I really don't get the hate for him, although that being said I've never looked at his meme channel or whatever it is.

Yes

Pitchfork is much more reliable than Melon boy

barter 6 deserved bnm tbf

Both awful
How about you form an opinion yourself and stop paying attention to people telling you what to listen. This includes Scaruffi and that other jew.

Listen to this album and you tell me if Pitchfork is relevant or not.

Lavren will never fuck you,

Thugga should have had pillow and blanket come with that boring pile of shit desu.

it didn't, but JEFFERY definitely did

Pitchfork is just a BLM hugbox now

Jeffery was fine. 6 isnt bad.

they gave Jeffery 8.5 though lol

Holy fucking shit

Yes because p4k shills bland indie white boy rock and stupid mumble rap.
Melon will talk shit to either one and you get to see the chad and hipsters.

Get triggered

The melon is to dangerous, he has way to much power. Youtube needs to delete his channel, he's the single most powerful man in the entire industry.

his reviews are better at least

Yeah, his serious reviews are pretty good while P4k is just self-wank.

Yes, but he's an idiot.

Pitchfork stopped being relevant when they got bought out by Conde Nast. There's nothing cutting edge about them now.

Fucking kill yourselves, Melonhead is the shittiest at reviewing albums, he has an extremely limited vocabulary, and he makes videos instead of writes reviews purely because he loves to hear himself talk on camera. The man is pure plebfood.

>t. Aesop Rock

He's basically meme pitchfork before they got bought out except he only reviews mainstream music now that what.cd is down.

I don't follow him (or any other review for that matter), but p4k reviews are fucking trash man. Fantano is way better at reviewing and I can't see how you'd think otherwise. He's better than Scaruffi too, the only thing that dude does is talk about historical context and about what albums that particular album sounds like (he's often way off too)

>but p4k reviews are fucking trash man.
Show me where I disagreed. Pitchfork writes nearly illegible, pointless reviews that are not even worth reading by hacks that get paid to write them.

>Fantano is way better at reviewing and I can't see how you'd think otherwise.
He does but the bar isn't set very high here, all you're doing is listening to an egomaniac talk to a camera while very poorly interpreting the music he is listening to. His reviews are not about the music, they are about him, but without the naked self-indulgence that music writers show in print.

>He's better than Scaruffi too
I don't know why people on this board bring up that Italian pedophile. He's not a good reviewer, he's not a "professional" reviewer, it's like reading the autistically-compiled articles of some crazy cat lady. Only Sup Forums would bother to take Scaruffi seriously.

yeah then we're making the same point. I just said I thought Fantano's reviews are better than P4K's, that's it. Don't think he's great or anything

>I just said I thought Fantano's reviews are better than P4K's
It's not hard to be better than P4K, even Vice is better than P4K, and they pay their writers.

P4k's reviews are pure garbage and not worth reading at all. However things they rate highly tend to do well, even if it's because they bandwagon more often than not.

Melon doesn't have that power. He's not gonna be able to make a break bands by himself (for the most part). A good or bad review from p4k still has much more weight.

Death Grips are literally at the level of popularity they are now because of Fantano

he was the prime reason they blew up

in general he has more influence than P4K these days

>However things they rate highly tend to do well, even if it's because they bandwagon more often than not.

It's because of the fucking score they gave them, of course it does well if P4K hyped them.

t. Gas
Narkopop sucked

>t. Gas
>Narkopop sucked
GAS has always sucked.

>number men matter
remember ign lmao f a m

>remember ign lmao f a m
Ah Dorito pope.

some rumors have been circulating recently, yea :(

nice b8 m8

t. Tyler the creator