Tell me why you're so afraid of Bill Nye, Sup Forums

Tell me why you're so afraid of Bill Nye, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gender
youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/
liveasfreepeople.com/2015/11/25/thirty-shariah-laws/
youtube.com/watch?v=M5z9s_bimnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek

Don't give a fuck about either one of them

Talking about a 'gender spectrum' or other politicized bullshit is NOT science.
It is the uneducated fucks like you and Bill 'cuck' Nye that are ruining the true meaning of SCIENCE.
He has a BS in Mechanical Engineering. That does NOT make him a credible source to discuss things like climate change, biology, or even particle physics. I would trust him to talk about designing a bridge, or building a chair, but no further.

One is not like the other son. Dumb photo

mfw whitefags losing their privilege is precious

I like him, and i dont care what people want their gender to be or whatever the fuck that is about. He is smart, and credible unlike nearly every new source. im sure he took some money or at least had to agree to cover certain topics to be on CNN and such.

I just like to watch much less intelligent people get mad like

>less intelligent
Nice try, friendo. I knew I would bait someone into it.
I have a fucking doctorate in High Energy Physics. Bill 'cuck' Nye can literally suck the SCIENCE right out of my 8" cock. But don't worry, I'll just say I identify as a girl so it makes it straight.

Why are you so upset?

>>He has a BS in Mechanical Engineering. That does NOT make him a credible source to discuss things like climate change, biology,
You realize that he's trying to educate Congress and the general public like yourself, neither of whom have advanced degrees and yet hold forth on these topics spewing nonsense all the time. Congress makes laws on these same subjects that they know much less about than Bill Nye.

still beats, being a nigger.

Nigger.

Because the uneducated masses believe that the garbage Bill 'cuck' Nye is shoveling is SCIENCE. It is not. And all it accomplishes is the devaluing of the research and development us REAL SCIENTISTS are doing. I didn't go to school for almost a decade for some shithead to ruin it.

That fake physics degree sure qualifies you to decide that there's no scientific basis to the study of the intersection of gender and sexuality.

Your comic compares a few massacres by nuts on psych drugs to a death cult destroying half the globe? Wow, you're a moron.

You deserve sharia.

LOL @ "white privilege". You blame a skin color for your short comings. Sad. You're worthless.

rekt.

Irony?

>> I didn't go to school for almost a decade for some shithead to ruin it.
I like how you're mad about Bill Nye instead of the Republicans tryin to pull 6 billion dollars of funding from the NIH. Nigger, do you even understand where your P.I.'s funding comes from? God help you when you start writing grants of your own.

>fake physics degree
And how exactly is it fake?
Gender is binary, there is female, XX, and there is male, XY. Sexuality can be defined a spectrum as there are varying degrees of hetero- and homo-sexuality and categories which don't quite fit.
Oh golly gee, it really took my doctorate to figure that out. Having a doctorate means I have the ability to think critically about these things and analyze them skeptically despite them falling outside the realm of my field.
Welcome to physics, bitch- where we have to do everything from computer science, to engineering, to chemistry.
We fucking do it all.

Mike Rowe highlights the importance of people who work in the "dirty jobs" his show is about. He demonstrates what their daily life is like and explains why their job is so important.

Bill Nye is an engineer who talks about science and how important it is to learn science. His main goal is having a science literate society in america because some of us often reject science. Neither one of them is 'pretending' to be qualified or certified in what they do. The difference is that Mike Rowe is good at creating a narrative and Bill Nye displays a large amount of autism and lets the liberals adapt his show to include things that are not, in fact science. His agenda has been changed by the social standards of the far left and his show is a catastrophe because of this. No longer is Bill Nye an unbiased science teaching idol. No longer do I have any respect for what Bill Nye does.

Well said. Thank you.

you dont understand that gender and sex have two distinct definitions. you are conflating those terms, this is where your ignorance of this issue starts and your claim to be an expert in "science" because you have a "doctorate in high energy physics" ends.

>HE AINT GOT NO DEGREE IN THAT!

Alright then - lets consider the fact that he is actually just supporting the published research and popular opinion of those that DO have degrees relating to climate change.

Now that you understand he is simply repeating them and reading their research - something everyone should be able to do yet some refuse to do - can you understand better Mr. High Energy Physics?

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Now go ahead and get on your knees so you can take Bill Nye's cock into your mouth for being a fucking idiot and a loud mouth with an ego.

inb4 your doctorate is as real as my royal blood line.

>Welcome to physics, bitch- where we have to do everything from computer science, to engineering, to chemistry.
>We fucking do it all.
Implying other sciences don't "do it all" too

Whatever you say, dipshit. Stop trying to twist the definitions to fit your own agenda.

He apparently took one episode of time to talk about gender bullshit, and assblasted conservative babies act like that somehow discredits everything else he's ever done despite the mountains of facts and evidence that back up the other 99% of things he says.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gender

The entire purpose of his show is to promote science literacy and then he goes and throws it out the fucking window with liberal opinions

>Gender is binary
SEX is binary you complete idiot. All that shit you described about sex chromosomes, etc that all has to do with a person's sex. GENDER is the social constructs of society associated often with a sex. For example, pink is for girls. That's a gender construct. In some societies, pink is for boys.

This is not a new "SJW" concept. This is how science has described it since literally the 1800s. So when someone says "oh you're having a baby, what's the gender" they are using the wrong scientific term.

To put this into context for someone like you who knows almost nothing except for one limited subject of physics, it's like if someone using the term "accurate" when they really meant "precise". They don't mean the same thing at all, but people get them confused.

>Either of the two sexes (male and female)
with an added usage
>especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones

Thanks for proving my point :^)

pink is for girls may be a social construct but penis for boys is not gg get rekt faggot eat shit and die

see

that didnt prove your point at all you retard. you are resistant to the idea that gender and sex are not synonyms, probably because you arent really a "scientist" at all.

That "death cult" kills fewer people than cars. I know I'm wasting my time: you won't let truth get in the way of your ignorance... Sucks for you that reality is "left-wing".

No YOU threw it out the window by being asspained.

>autism, the post.

It's like you don't even know how to read your own link:

"The sense denoting biological sex has also been used since the 14th century, but this did not become common until the mid 20th century. Although the words gender and sex are often used interchangeably, they have slightly different connotations; sex tends to refer to biological diferences, while gender more often refers to cultural and social differences and sometimes encompasses a broader range of identities than the binary of male and female"

>Hasnt worked a day in his life
>literally spent the last 10 years working hard assed jobs for our amusements

Maybe he became conservative when he started working?

Besides, mike rowe seems like the guy who will help you move and lend you his truck to do it

That literally supported his point that they aren't synonyms.

>sex tends to refer to biological differences, while gender more often refers to cultural and social differences
how are you still not getting this? probably because youre retarded.

> Gender is binary, there is female, XX, and there is male, XY

Your high school Physics 101 class obviously didn't teach you about biological issues that cause gender traits to present despite contradictory chromosomal basics.

I won't deny a lot of the "not my gender" BS is stupid, but there are real traits that are not so binary.

Reminder, the person that wrote this is a fat man who thinks he's a little girl, who's also a wolf trapped in a humans body.

>The sense denoting biological sex has also been used since the 14th century, but this did not become common until the mid 20th century

Literally denoting biological sex.
"slightly different connotations" and "tend" are subjective words and hold little weight in determining a distinct separation between the words "sex" and "gender".

>This is how science has described it since literally the 1800s

Credible sauce on this?
I've been struggling with this because in schooll we where thought gender=sex=chromosomes, but to me it doesn't make sense to have two terms so wildly used so the idea of gender being a spectrum sort of makes sense to me, but I can never find any pre-sjw sources.

>That "death cult" kills fewer people than cars
sources please

and no, reality is not left wing.

dude just google "sex vs gender" if youre really this stubborn and retarded.

there are so many words that share meanings with other different words.

that's mike rowe? from dirty jobs? I fucking love that guy I remember eating peanut butter sandwhiches in my underwear watching him on discovery channel

I am so tired of this stupid shit. They were synonyms for decades before your dumbass political ideology was born. Racism means prejudice against a person based on their race, regardless of whether or not it is institutionalized or practiced by a minority group against a majority group, sex and gender are the same fucking thing (even though gender seems to have primarily referred to grammatical gender in the past because I looked it up in a dictionary from the 40's once,) et cetera. While language is something that is in constant flux and it is a valid claim that you have changed the definition for a number of people, you must remember that you have imposed these definitions to align with your agenda; they did not evolve naturally.

Even if I'm angry about it that doesn't just negate the point I made you stupid faggot. If you think his show is anything but garbage you are either lying to yourself or your brain doesn't work too well.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
Just watch that shit and TRY to defend him. PLEASE give me one solid fucking reason not to be upset with his new show.

Friend, replace that sandwich with ramen cups and underwear with no underwear, and thats me.

We lived the golden age

He's like the working man's bill nye, so he's basically cool without being a pussy faggot shill.

Holy fuck you are an ignorant twat.
Literally every source says that gender is a synonym for sex but can also carry the connotations of social construct.
Gender includes sex.

actually, they did evolve naturally, social scientists and biologists have been studying the differences for hundreds of years.

Way to move those goal posts.
The discussion was kn if bill was a credible source. Not the Republican senate or whatever smoke screen boogeyman you're going to pull out of your ass.

>3% of the population commits 80% of terrorist attacks
>50% of the population that owns guns commits 3% of mass shootings
fucking moron

Don't let this stupid nigger lobby his "new and improved" definition of gender down your throat. Languages are subject to change, even if the agent of that change happens to be a political agenda, so don't let him rape our English.

I like Bill Nye and approve of his mission, but I don't look at him the same way an Neil DeGrasse Tyson, who generally stays within his field of expertise, and has a PHD.

That being said, isnt the whole point of Dirty Jobs that they take a regular guy and put him into "dirty jobs"? so an average person can get their perspective on mining coal or cleaning sewers? It wouldnt be much of a show if they took a coal miner and watched him do his job... then it would just be a documentary on coal mining.

>the vast majority of Muslim Americans are -
No, no, they are actually not.

Most of Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs is him being completely out of his element. How the fuck is he pretending? Him being white-collar in a blue-collar job is the fucking point.

muslims are literally not good people

these guys get it

>hundreds
Nigga, what?

Majority of muslim americans are muslims, and deserve beheading under the 13 tenement

Indefensible.
All these kids going round confusing gender with sexual preference make me mad, anyone who thinks of themselves as anything other than male or female (or between the two; trans or bi) has a fucking mental illness.
It's been a meme forever now but gender is just a binary system.

how about you post a picture that isn't the size of your penis so people can read it

its because of faggots that made bill a fag himself. Those who support fags are fags.

I will explain queer and then I am done.

Queer = anybody who posts in another Bill Nye thread and believes his view matters. These are the equivalent of spam.
over/out

Rowe also sings opera.

Which is fine too.

Obviously you don't even know what mechanical engineering is, you cunt. You're thinking of civil engineering. Plus, you don't have to be educated to look at data calculated and organized by educated people.

>eunuchs.

Mike rowe is a national treasure. Godbless that man

you can read it
unless youre a phone fag in that case you can just leave fuckface

first of all cars kill an absolute fuckton of people so that is not a fucking good statistic to promote your ideals pal.

second, that comic just doesn't represent actual evidence on Muslim Americans. The comic is trying to make a comparison between Muslim ideology and western morals.

HERES THE KICKER: Most muslims abide by and agree with shariah law
pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/
Shariah law includes:
-women are stoned to death for adultery
-death to nonbelievers
-mosque and state are not separate(religion in schools, government etc.)
-jihad may be waged to spread islam and force conversions(holy war)
-women who are slaves may be forced to have sex with her captors(now owners)
-property can be destroyed or confiscated during jihad
-male owners can have sex with prepubescent slave girls
and much much more
liveasfreepeople.com/2015/11/25/thirty-shariah-laws/
so much for religion of peace

just christ this was cringy as fuck. I like bill nye but i didnt make it far enough into his new show to see this...

lol, shut up, nerd.

What do you have against climate science?

You're not qualified to talk against it, so what's your beef?

You jerks are making Nye money and probably the faggot starting these threads.
youtube queens, jeez

100% of people who commit rape also breathe.
You're conflating statistics, the fact that areas which are Muslim dominant have high levels of militant unrest has nothing to do with the religious nature of the area and everything to do with the political history. That area has been absolutely fucked by the west for over 100 years and is stuck in a cycle of complete chaos.
Then people like you claim Islam is a danger and treat Muslims like second class citizens which brings out radicalism in peaceful areas, like Europe or the USA. French Muslims aren't becoming homegrown terrorists because they're Muslim, they're becoming terrorists because they're treated like scum, sequestered to poor living areas (similar to ghettos), and are abused by the population. It's popular to refer to Muslims as thieves in Europe.
Islam isn't radicalizing people, you are.

I was challenging what you said about social scientists and biologists studying the differences between gender and sex for hundreds of years, because the semantic distinction you make between the two hasn't existed for hundreds of years. Also, eunuchs are just men without testicles. What about eunuchs refutes my claim?

I like mike rowe thank you very much.

Sad!

>over 100 years
>Islam's history of conquest and bloodshed is over 1400 years old.
Holy fuck are you stupid.

man, thats gay as fuck, i mean LAME

its a fake quote on top.

wowwww

>you don't have to be educated to look at data calculated and organized by educated people

Sure, okay. Provide me the appropriate interpretations/conclusions that can be drawn from this table.

eunuchs are not just men without testicles. they were often treated as a third gender,

my biggest problem with this, is that even by the "new" definitions, SEX is not a spectrum, its defined by chromosomes, GENDER is the spectrum.
I dont eat up that horseshit, but i think thats what the feminist are saying

>Butt stuff
>it's evolution
>nothing new
which is it?

I can't believe you fags are still falling for this fake quote.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5z9s_bimnw

Quote is fake, but it was on his show.

not him but
>eunuchs are not just men without testicles
wtf r u talking about

That's ONE episode. Nothing about that discredits all of the other episodes or anything else in his career. Quit being a triggered baby.

>anthropogenic global warming is a bad thing

All I want to say is bill's netflix show is fucking garbage. His old show was awesome. A case of too much money and too much ego. Bring back the old PBS shit and leave that political bullshit at the door.

quit defending a fuckin shill. Why are we suddenly the problem when one of your assholes flip flops and we call him on it?

Mike Rowe has never pretented to be something he isn't. Bill Nye tried to be someone he isn't and got hammered for it.

they were castrated for specific purposes, such as singing high parts in a choir.