Does Mike Myers deserve a second chance?

I mean, I can excuse him for Cat In The Hat because he was forced to do that film due to backing out on a film and it was either this or court, but then Love Guru comes along and basically makes every Adam Sandler and 2000s-Eddie Murphy film look like masterpieces. I want to believe he can be as funny as when he did Wayne's World and Austin Powers, I really do, but the man needs to humble himself and scale things down before returning.

>he was forced to do that film due to backing out on a film and it was either this or court,

Elaborate pls

Was the Love Guru THAT bad? That one movie ruined his career?

It was on a downhill slide because he pretty much only had Shrek at that point and Love Guru sealed the deal.
Also I think Kanye West's "George Bush doesn't care about black people" killed his soul. Watch the video again you can see the light exit his eyes

He had a contract where he had to do a movie for Umiversal but he backed out of the movie so they forced him to do Cat in the Hat or they would sue. You know despite being forced to do it I think he did really good. He was the only good part of the movie

Myers was working on a script for his Dieter character, but wasn't satisfied with it or any rewrites, so eventually he gave up. Universal sued for breach of contract, Mike knew it would ruin him, so he did Cat In The Hat as a compromise.

The Love Guru was straight up Eddie Murphy teir . He was doing the same shtick as he did in the Austin Powers films. Myers was just losing his relevance .

Cat in the hat was good, you pleb

Austin Powers was lovable though. His different performances through the movies were all fun in their own way. The movies are definitely dated but you can still get laughs out of them easily. Or at least the first two. All because of Myers.
Love Guru didn't have any of that. Everything about it was panned on release. It's ridiculous to put it on the same level as Austin Powers.

The Grinch > Cat in The Hat

Does he need to? Pretty sure he'd be able to dive into a pool of just his Shrek money.

The Austin Powers trilogy was good (I could go without Goldmember) but it was based off of the 90s. I would expect to have the same comedy as he did back then. But other than Shrek and Austin Powers , Mike just lost his touch and people thought his performance was getting old. I wish Eddie Murphy stopped doing dumb movies of him being a Tranny.

I see what you're saying, but I think The Love Guru went beyond just the same stuff getting old. It was like a very inferior washed out version of maybe the same stuff. So even if that stuff was getting old, that's not why it was received poorly. It was received poorly because it was terrible.

sure, why not, they can't all be perfect

He lost any chance for sympathy the moment he torpedoed the Sprockets movie. Apparently he's a huge asshole to work with and he's been blacklisted all over Hollywood for this reason.

If he legitimately tried to make a comeback, he'd need to find a project that isn't just DUDE SILLY IMPERSONATIONS LMAO. A big reason why 90s era SNL big shots like Sandler fail is because they're still trying to replicate their dude weed crazy party guy schitck even though a) times have changed and that style isn't as big as it was in the early 90s, and b) they're already super fucking old and we're supposed to overlook that. I'd like to see someone like him do a really deadpan comedy that isn't afraid to get a little mean, like Always Sunny, but we all know that will never happen and he'll keep raking in the Shrek bucks until he dies.

He takes like 4, 5 years to make each movie and he is a giant douche asshole.
He is the biggest diva and the biggest ass to everyone on set.
Hes the kind of guy that will get an extra fired for looking at him.

I was reading that he was so arrogant that when love guru was bashed he went into a deep depression and he had a panic attack and freaked out so much he has no more energy left
A lot of people got tired of his shit

>I'd like to see someone like him do a really deadpan comedy that isn't afraid to get a little mean, like Always Sunny, but we all know that will never happen and he'll keep raking in the Shrek bucks until he dies.

That was what norbit was meant to be.

Eddie murphy made norbit as a mean spirited rated r crass movie but it still failed

goldmemeber wasbt received lukewarm while Austin Powers popularity was still high. love guru and goldmemeber simply sucked which is why people rejected them.

I always wondered why he dropped off the face of the earth after just a couple of flops. Apparently, he's also hard to work with, but still.
Austin Powers is so good, and he also wrote it. I'm sure he could come back if he wanted to, and if he had another good script, whether it's written by him or someone else.

But Cat in the Hat was fucking great. Go watch the informercial scene that was getting posted here for a while.

I still think Love Guru could be recut into a funny movie. 90% of what bothered me about that movie was Myers going all Seth MacFarlane with jokes and dragging them out way way way past the punchline.

Over and over and over again, bringing the pacing of the flick to a crashing halt every fucking time he did it. If you chopped down those scenes to setup-punchline, it might actually not hurt to watch.

ya'll motherfuckers forgot his cameo in Inglorious Basterds

Love Guru is literally the only movie I've gotten up and left during at the theater.

And the last one I actually saw in a theater.

Fuck that shit.

>le ebin Cat in the Hat is the worst movie in the world meme

I bet if they fixed the makeup and made the Cat and the Things look less demonic, it wouldn't have gotten as much shit as it did. I loved it as a kid and I had friends in high school who liked it as kids, too. It's just another retarded early 2000s children's movie IMO, nothing more and nothing less.

If your mother's fat cunt looked less demonic

something something bbc trump niggerdick nvidia sjw gamergate apple chris evans cuck