DCEU ENDING IMMINENt

Okay so my friend works at WB HQ. Yesterday she told me some news about the future of the DCEU. >Apparently WB did in fact hire Geoff Johns to takr over the DCEU, but with the recent critical failure of SS, Johns was outraged. Compared to the original cut, he said, "I do not know why they did this. I mean, what I saw was really a fantastic film, but this is... this is just ****ed up man!" Johns was complaining that the higher-ups wanted to "copy the Marvel formula" for DC movies, but they only saw it on one level. He then said, "if WB were to recreate a film today from another studio, say Pulp Fiction, it would turn out to be an unremembered, unplanned parody." Just as of yesterday, Geoff Johns quit working at WB to focus on more important things. Also, he did mention that both Wonder Woman and Justice League are being edited by the same editors of flops, such as BvS and Prince of Persia, and that they will likely be like their DCEU predecessors.

desu in my opinion, these are just movies. Movies are always worse than the books if they try to be literal and/or different. They are only good if they try something new, but in a way that does justice to the original work. For those that want truly meaningfull, thoughfully produced movies, watch the classics. Superhero movies are a fad... they are not timeless. In writing this, I remembered all the superhero movies I had forgetten... I do not remember their names

Ok

my dad is Hack Snider and he can beat up your dad.

The only thing your dad can beat is a dead horse.

my dad is DEEEEEEEEEAD

>Bullshit: The Post

When is Nintendo showing the NX OP?

Just put snyder in charge of every movie and DON'T FUCKING EDIT HIS MATERIAL!!!!! LET HIM DO IT HIMSELF!!!! THE WAY HE WANTS TO!!!

Do your dads share the same name?

I would love to see 4 hour movies for the same price as a normal movie. Snyder movies always feel like they're worth the price.

No they fucking don't. They are all half-baked nonsense.

How?

fuck off

BvS literally dropped everything it tried to set up in the first two hours about "should there be a superman?" for some stupid and generic CGI action monster

The entire third act was a completely different movie.

Honestly, this. Just let the directors do their thing. They're all very capable people who can make good films with the material their given. It's one thing to have a consultant there on set making sure everything fits within the world and is comic accurate, and it's another to take a movie and butcher it in editing.
I can't stand micromanaging

>BvS literally dropped everything it tried to set up in the first two hours about "should there be a superman?" for some stupid and generic CGI action monster
Someone didn't understand the movie

This is the same company who made Batman & Robin

Without Nolan, DC/WB is finished. Everything will suck ass.

I'd love to see what Zack's untamed retardation would be. A movie where he unleashes his true autism powerlevel. It'd be 12 hours of Jesus Christ himself covered in baby oil punching CGI monsters. Jesus also fucks school girls, but there's still something homoerotic in the way it's shot. Lingering shots on Jesus's bare ass and glistening abs. Score would also be done all on an electric guitar. Truely the neckbeard movie to end all neckbeard movies.

How does the monster invalidate the set up? And it does feel as though the final portions of the film are a different movie, but that's a good thing. It adds in extra content for the same price while still feeling compact. It allows Batman's character development to come to fruition by showing him working together with Superman and regaining his heroic nature.

Like the BvS:UC? Yeah that was great....

Watchmen Director's Cut was also really good.

autism

Nolan Trilogy sucked ass and people liked it.

I'm saying that the company heads need to back off and let the directors make the movies they want to make with the story and characters they're given. How are you jumping from that statement to the shitfest that is Batman & Robin?
If anything, that movie just solidifies my statement.

no it didn't, fuck off.

>It adds in extra content for the same price while still feeling compact.

It feels like a boring, poorly paced 4 hour movie actually.

>It allows Batman's character development to come to fruition by showing him working together with Superman and regaining his heroic nature.

It allows Batman and Superman to suddenly become buddy-buddy, to the point where Batman fears for Superman's safety, solely because of that contrived "MARTHA" scene. It's terrible "character development", if it can even be called that. It's more like Batman acting out of character. But who cares, because we got an ugly CGI clusterfuck for 30 minutes.

WHEN IS ANOTHER SILENT HILL GAME GONNA BE MADE. CANT BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THAT PS4 EXCLUSIVE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm saying that this company has always made horrible decisions and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

I am actually more excited to see a Suicide Squad 2 than Justice League.

Is it weird to think that Deadshot, Harley work a lot better on screen that Batman, Superman at the moment?

You don't understand the concept of a movie, dude.

A movie should be one focused story.

Anything else is sloppy and stupid.

The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind?

Why dont they hire new editors for fuck sake if they can see everyone hates the way they are editing them.. makes no sense

Or is there an actual conspiracy to bring DC down

It had more plotholes than BvS, shittier acting than Age of Ultron and made no god damn sense.
Yet you didn't see people going "wow, the movies make no fucking sense".

The Martha scene was put in because it showed Bruce that Clark is just a man. He has a mother and father and he grew up here in earth just like Bruce did. AND it showed Bruce how much he cared for his mother by trying to get help to save her life. Bruce sees that and, because he was powerless to save his own mother from getting murdered, saves Clark's.
Literally put the puzzle pieces in front of you and you've gotta just draw the connections.
Barman is just as fucked up as every single one of his villains, it's just he focuses his mental anguish on making sure people dont ever feel how he did, instead of putting his own pain on others.

>a movie should be one focused story

Now prove what you're saying.

>This is the same company who made Batman & Robin
>i've never seen the behind the scenes of Batman & Robin
that director had a lot of control and he was retarded as fuck.

>It had more plotholes than BvS,

No it didn't. BvS had one of the worst plots of all time. Just terrible.

>shittier acting than Age of Ultron

That's just wrong.

>made no god damn sense.

>hurr this entire trilogy doesn't make sense
??

>Yet you didn't see people going "wow, the movies make no fucking sense"

That's because those movies made perfect sense and were simple as fuck.

Suicide Squad had tons of stuff going on in its 2 hours. Of course no one was expecting every character to get the same amount of screen time. You just couldnt hence the editing in parts was drastically reduced. Here is some of the film's content

>A quick Deadshot backstory
>A quick Harley/Joker backstory
>Joker and Harley in the club
>Batman segment
>A quick Boomerang backstory with Flash
>A quick El Diablo backstory
>A quick Katana backstory
>A quick Enchantress backstory
>Information of Killer Croc living in that prison sewer
>Flag and Enchantress relationship
>Amanda assembling the squad
>The subway segment with Enchantress unleashing her brother
>Slipknot introduction
>Slipknot and Boomerang trying to escape
>Joker on a mission to get Harley back
>The Squad killing the faceless creatures in the city
>The squad listening to each other's problems and regrets in the bar scene
>Boomerang trying to flirt with Katana
>Learning the truth of what Amanda actually wanted the team to die
>The squad trying to stop Enchantress and her brother

No doubt this would have worked better as a 3 hour epic, to see Harley and Joker's relationship in real time and not reduced flashbacks.

I'm sorry you know nothing about Film

What I mean is that they don't care about quality control at all.

Without a man with a vision who's willing to fight the studio (Nolan, Burton) every movie under the DC brand will suck ass.

Snyder stood up and asked for an extended cut which got released. How can you not respect Snyder for doing this?

I understand the Martha scene. Everyone understands the Martha scene, it's not difficult. It's still terribly written and contrived.

>Everyone understands the Martha scen

You wouldn't know it from their comments.

His extended cut was a piece of shit. He's literally incapable of making a reasonably timed movie and can only create bloated messes that drag on.

BvS extended cut improved the film severily. The whole film flowed so much better from scene to scene.

You are so ignorant if you couldnt follow it or you thought it was badly edited.

Oh because the desert future scene appeared with no explanation for you to understand...

I would not doubt he could beat a horse in a fight.

After all he is a real DC man. Not a Marvel nu-male.

BvS had no plotholes so having even one would be "more than BvS."

As ubiquitous as they are, the Joker and Batman really did not need to be in this movie. That time could be better spent on other characters.

The problem isn't with the fact that "Martha" makes Bruce confront his actions, the problem is the fact that in order for that entire revelation to take place, Superman has to deliver such an unnatural line to prompt it. There's no reason he couldn't just say "save my mother," or something similar rather than calling her by her first name (which he, and no one on the planet does) other than as a plot device. Then you have Bruce's reaction, and Lois running in, the entire scene is cringe, and the fact that they become best friends immediately after, after the extended conflict and hatred, all because of that one line, is even more unnatural.

The movie itself is horrible.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

MAKE DAVID AYER DIRECTOR OF DC FILMS and get new editors and make Snyder cinematographer.

All fixed

agreed.

Snyder isn't the cinematographer for his own movies though.

Larry Fong does it for him.

>put Snyder in charge

Just end this universe if this keeps happening.

>They're all very capable people who can make good films with the material their given
>Zack Snyder

Hey how bout that scene where bruce is talking with alfred about needing to sneak into lex's compound and alfred tells him he can just go there as bruce wayne since he's been invited to the party.

You know what follows right afterwards? A shot of bruce looking intently at the batman suit and then going to the party. In the movie it serves no purpose and even makes it worse because it seems like bruce was considering going as batman anyway even though it was just established that going as bruce wayne is a better plan.

As for why that shot is in the movie, it's because it's from TDKR comic where bruce is contemplating taking up the mantle of batman again. It holds significance to the story as the moment batman returns, its a character moment of bruce determining that his life isn't as important as gotham city and its an iconic moment in batman's history as helping define the character, showing that without the batman persona bruce is an empty husk of a man

Now all of this flies over the head of our director zack snyder. Batman has already returned in this movie months ago, and its not a moment of decision for him, since batman isn't even needed at the moment. Snyder only put the shot in because it looked cool; he fundamentally missed the point of that moment in the comic and shows time and time again, he doesn't understand these characters

I work for Marvel and we hear rumors all the time that Snyder actually works for Disney under the table and is ruining the movies on purpose.

You know no one outside of your Sup Forums echo chamber thinks this movie flowed well other than that hack Armond, right?

Also, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about about me not understanding the desert scene, it's either directed at another poster or you're pulling it out of your ass.

They got rid of the cinematographer who did BvS btw... WHAT THE FUCK WB

this, just let the man work, with chris terrio writing.

Suckerpunch is true unfiltered Snyder...
a 52 yo weeabo with too much liberty on his hands, go watch that one to understand how this manchild's mind works.

just saw the extended cut and the only thing it achieves is to explain some plotholes, but the movie is still forgetable shit.
>muh marvel
yeah, those are shit too, but they don't pretend to be kino at least.

Marvel isn't shit lol.

ITS OVER

LOL

I don't know what that's supposed to entail.

You're really reaching here bud.

Not an argument.

Metacritic ratings:
Marvel:
Iron Man: 79
Iron Man 2: 57
Iron Man 3: 62
The Incredible Hulk: 61
Captain America 1: 66
Captain America 2: 70
Captain America 3: 75
Thor: 57
Thor 2: 54
Avengers: 69
Avengers 2: 66
Guardians of the Galaxy: 76
Ant-Man: 64

Marvel Average: 65.84

DC:
Man of Steel: 55
Batman v Superman: 44
Suicide Squad: 40

DC Average: 46.33

The only DC film better than any Marvel film is Man of Steel. And it's better than Thor 2. DC fans are delusional.

from the trailer(s)
it seemed the joker was the main antagonist or had some sort of part in the conflict (against the squad)

but what did it turn out to be? dc trying to get more fans to watch the movie (along with more footage of batman and harley)
fucking dc.
let me say it again, fuck you dc.

what it should have been:
joker in his attempt to get harley, unleashes something (maybe part of the kryptonian ship that waller has locked up). waller sends out the squad. squad is killing the creature(s), but also runs into joker (which causes problems for harley)
she sees the brutal deaths of innocents caused by the mayhem joker and his goons did (which also cause the rest of the squad to realize they aren't monsters)
deadshot kills mobsters/killers for money
boomerang only steals
enchantress just a voodoo priestess
rick flagg is a soldier
el diablo accidentally killed his family
croc just hates people/a bouncer
slipknot still a rapists, and gets killed as usual
harley never killed anyone, but her love/devotion to joker blinds her joker's actions

in the end harley cut ties with the joker and stands by her team and end up stopping said conflict with joker being jailed up and waller's secret (about harboring kryptonian tech) being revealed.
rick flag becomes the new defacto leader of the squad and instead of a prison, the squad is assigned to a military base. They're still criminals but have a bit more freedom.

this

forgot about katana (i actually forgot about her, and i saw the movie)

for her she's batman's secret weapon. he took her under her wing and channeling her desire for revenge (killing), made it a desire for justice.

that whole shit about enchantress and her brother
the flying fuck
and i have no idea how waller lived at the end
and why (after the events of bvs) the world/military wasn't like 'what the fuck is happening in the city with all this flying shit and light shit and flying fucks destroying bases/satellites)