Ask a Flight Attendant from a Major U.S. Airline anything

Ask a Flight Attendant from a Major U.S. Airline anything.

What's it like to get paid to punch slopes?

feels nice

/thread

How many bad flights. Meaning plane is shaking type dealio have you had

Have you ever fucked a passenger? Also I'm guessing you're a fag

Which food/beverage should be avoided?

This thread sucks. OP has confirmed he is a faggot

Personally I'd rather hear from a gay dude with something to say, than a Hetero dude who's a stooge.

>inb4 "guess your a fag too,hurdurr"

Why are 99% of male flight attendants faggots?

normal turbulence almost every flight. really bad only once i literally hit my head against the top roof of the airplane.

not a fag. havent fucked any cuz im married. but girls throw themselves at you a lot both flight attendants and passengers. I got invited to a party by a group girls in a cancun layover and they were wild but decided not to fuck any of them.

nothing should be avoided i see that shit all the time like dont drink the coffe or myths like that. we drink and eat everything that we give to the costumers believe me.

i am indeed a faggot but i dont like dick

bump

Nah

Flight attendants and crew are fucking terrible human beings. Self centered assholes who think it's okay to walk behind the desk to get the crew boards list so they can get to their rooms faster.

Fuck you, American Airlines sucks cock.

oh no dont tell me ur a butthurt jealous gate agent ?
and yea american airline fucking sucks

I work at a hotel who contracts major airlines cock breath

Go smell each other's assholes in your 2x2 bathrooms faggot

Do you guys really care when I ignore your requests to turn off my devices?

Haha there's nothing like watching an Emirates crew own a reception / lobby.

I am a butt hurt fueler wishing I had a better position

Why are you all haggard old women or faggots

peasant hotel worker hahahah

>Flight Attendant
Stewardess
ftfy

This peasants making $18 an hour to babysit your faggot ass, I find it worth the easy money.

most of us dont give a fuck about it. but youll get a fucking horrible FA that has no life and their life is literally working for the airline and yea they will get upset about it.

Thanks for confirming your peasant salary status

What is your salary?

i feel you man, start flying this shit is the best. this coming from someone whos work a lot of positions for airlines.

Lowly American Eagle captain here.

99% of the crews I work with are down to Earth people. We have to deal with dumb ass passengers who can't listen to instructions, think they are exempt from any rules they don't like, etc. etc.

Flying is easy. Flying in bad weather is just slightly less easy. The things I dread most always involve dealing with passengers who think they do't have to listen to my flight attendants. I hate having to stop what I'm doing (usually looking at Sup Forums between checklists), get out of my comfy captains chair, and go tell a passenger he/she needs to do what the flight attendant says or he/she is getting booted off my flight.

It's not salary faggot it's hourly, get it right dipshit.

babysit ? motherfucker we hate talking to you all we want is our keys. my favorite layover hotels have the bus driver with the keys ready lmao.

How much does your company pay you, stewardess?

Nice to hear what you think of the customers that make your pay possible, you glorified bus driver.

money is pretty ok u can start at like 35k depends on how much you fly that year then it gets exponentially better with the years you put in.
10 year FAs are making 100k~

Can confirm working at another contracted hotel that Delta and Emirates are the scum of the earth.

Haven't worked with American but heard that they are all faggots.

Just know that our housekeeping sucks, and your tv remote won't work and I could give less than a shit.

Oh no, you left your personal iPad in your room? Sucks for you, after my shift it will be mine.

I purposely make sure that delta doesn't get their key cards on time because I like watching them dance around impatiently as they wait in line.

ugh what a fucking little faggot. now dont get me wrong i appreciate people who fly on my airline but is just a simple exchange of services people make it out to be like we owed them their life or we have to cater to ur needs. no fuck you. fly private if you are so important.

I treat them all with respect until they no longer deserve it. Then I'll call them out on it.

We have to answer not only to the passengers, but the FAA regulations, the company policies, etc. etc. Passengers can't just do whatever they want or else I could lose my job and/or license.

i personally enjoy watching lowlife peasant run for my keys when i get to the hotel.
we know you are jealous its ok.

I don't run for shit faggot. I've already been reported by the delta crew on serveral occasions. Nothing's happened

Enjoy laying on used sheets while you read your kindle and fall alseep to the sounds of people having sex next door

its really ok buddy, we know you are jealous. i cant wait for check in machines to replace faggots like you. in the meantime i dont mind it ill be in another country while you go back to your shitty house/life.

If I wanted to be slowly exposed to solar radiation and forced to bring people drinks I would have stayed on as a outdoor bartender

Don't forget that I want my half glass with 3 cubes of ice and 1 room temperature coke can.

>havent fucked any cuz im married.
abort thread

>mfw you cant afford to fly on my airline

and if for whatever reason you saved up all year to fly with us then sure no problem man if that makes you feel better about ur shitty life then ill be glad to give you that coke.

Pussy

I'll give commercial airline pilots respect when they stop acting like they're air force pilots.

I don't need to fly on any airline, seeing how you treat your own paying customers why forcing them off a plane.

With that inflated personality I can see why you chose such a rock solid carrier becoming a bonafide drink maker.

You clearly do not appreciate people that fly with your airline. Why not get out of the service industry?

FYI we all think all male flight attendants are gay

im sure you dont need to fly on any airline because you can drive from your house to the hotel and back.

Also yea ima glorified server i know my place, and your a lowly peasant that works at a hotel, know your place

Atleast my peasant ass isn't stuck on a 12 hour flight making drinks and serving people food

Keep up the good work faggot

Is it weird that the last time I flew commerically, the twin towers were still standing?

I really do tho 90% of the passengers i appreciate its the entitled ones that i dont. we are in the service industry same as Mcdonals employees.
When i go to Mcdonals i give them money they give me a burger im happy with it im not coming with million expectations or being entitled about it.

When you get on a plane you are paying for a seat from point A to B. sit down, be quiet, wait for us to serve you, watch a movie, take a nap and wake up in place B.

i fucking love 12hr flights. get to take a 5hr nap and get paid for it wake up in a different part of the world and go get brekfast. ill keep enjoying my work like im sure you enjoy your wonderful routine at the Hotel.

How'd you get your job? I hear the applications only open up for like a day or so then they close up. And in that time 100000 applications are sent it (any truth to that?)
I'm relatively young and feel before I start my life I want to travel.

I fucked around with a flight attendant a few times. Apparently all she and her other FA friends would do would be to fuck the captains and locals.

She was doing gods work.

Honestly amazing how you snagged a job with such a low IQ level. I guess it really doesn't take a brain to serve drinks.

u r gay.

I highly encourage you to do it, especially if you are young and want to travel there is no better way.

The application process is tough for good airlines (the only ones you really want to work for ) they do get thousands and thousands of applications in very short periods of time.

I got hired because i had a lot of costumer service experience which is all you really need tbh. Also dont be fat.

Yea there are a few of those still but mostly the older ones that lived thru the 80s/90s. Most of the new ones dont really fuck with the captains on major airlines because they are all creepy fat old fucks.

what are the signs of flight crew wanting a mile high time?

No it doesnt, is that why u are so jealous ? Because you secretly wish you had the job ?
I guess it makes a lot of sense

If they give you their phone number or literally tell you they want to fuck you, thats the only sign, otherwise they are just being nice.

What would be the best job to have the most fun working at an airport for an airline? Wouldn't be for the money. Just dig aviation, would only be a part time job, already have a great career. Looked into baggage handler but for whatever reason they are very hard to come by in my city.

I like you user

Being a flight attendant is a career that you should really be cautious about.

I'm sure most of you have been on long flight journeys before and more than likely you'll end up with jet lag. Have you ever thought about why though?

It's to do with your circadian rhythm. Every animal on our Earth exhibits circadian rhythms. It's governed by molecular clock mechanisms found in each and every cell of our body. It's why we wake up in response to light (long wavelength of light) and it's why we feel tired at the end of a day. Our body fine tunes this clock each and every day through feeding patterns and exercise (for any biologists out there, this is entrainment).

Loads of research is being done on this topic, perhaps you may have already looked at it in the past but do you take any precautions in order to minimise the severity of your jet lag? Perhaps changing eating patterns, exercise routines, exposure to light?

what tales have u been through up in that "secret room"

Boyfriend or Sexfriend on the pictures with you?

Idk it really depends on you, i personally think anything (but the tower) can be fun at the airport if you have nice people to work with. usually smaller bases you get to know people real well and its kinda like a fun workfamily.

I've been flying twice per month since 2008. I do exactly what you say and believe me, the unruly/self-entitled passengers probably bother me more than you.

user again... wut tips can u give for flight crew to do u... (kinda a bucket list thing)

That was actually quite informative thank you.

From what ive heard and personal experience it gets better with time it usually takes about a year for a new FA to get used to the jetlag and then it gets a lot better.

Most of us do try to take care of our body and watch what we eat and work out in our layovers.

What are your thoughts on nuclear proliferation as it relates to apartheid.

Funny how people who call pilots "glorified bus drivers" have in my experience done so to mask their own insecurities 95% of the time.

That's pretty cool! Ok I'll definitely push for it more, plus I've worked in hotels and restaurants for 4 years now so I think I have the basic requirements.
Thanks broseph. Btw which airline do you recommend?

This haha

Yea thats what i laugh about the most, literally every single true frequent flyer knows everything that they have to do and not do and they get the best service for it. They dont get upset is the flight is delayed or make a big deal about it they know how the industry works. Also they generate like 10x the money than the unruly entitled passengers do. Idk what airline you use but thanks for flying with them!

I would understand your frustration if you didn't seem so incredibly bitter.

do you think you could survive falling tens of thousands of feet out of the sky

Just be nice, dont try to go out of your league, your best chance is a slow approach just see if you connect with a FA and leaving the flight give them your phone number if they like you they will probably text you Or get extremely lucky and stay at one of the hotels that crews stay and hope they will get drunk at the hotel bar and take it from there.

If an ant can do it, a human should be easily able to.

Peanuts or Pretzels ?

(International flying)
Emirates ** apparently best airline to work when young and reckless.
United
Delta
AA

Kinda more domestic:
Jetblue
Southwest
Alaska

I wouldn't recommend any other airline unless you REALLY REALLY love being a flight attendant and its like a passion for you (which i doubt )

thx op
safe flights

Thanks man hope you can cross it from you bucket list if you get the right one she'll blow your mind.

It may get better as time passes however it really is a grey area. A lot of research is being done on the topic. (for example, can our bodies really adapt to constantly changing sleeping patterns).

Studies have been done on flight attendants but I believe the main focus is being shifted more towards night-shift disorder and other sleep-related illnesses purely as a matter of priority.

either way, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing then it really doesn't matter. at the end of the day, we can speculate what's good and what's bad for us but these are all just theories. we're as much in the known as we are in the unknown and it's a terrible feeling.

Saying that however, it is reassuring to know that from a scientific standpoint, we're headed in the right direction.

Stay safe OP and keep doing what you love

Thank you, and thank you again for the info, i wondering if they could do research on FAs that have been flying for 10/20/30 years to see if there is anything to find there.

Although once you get to 15+ seniority you can pretty much have absolute control of your schedule and kinda start a pattern from there.
for example work JFK to CDG twice a week with the same departure and arrival times.

noooo

IN it to win it

one post bumped it 3 pages wtf