Ever met musicians IRL? How were they?

Ever met musicians IRL? How were they?

I wanted to take a pic with Lavren but when I asked her she just said: "Ew, with you?" I was deeply hurt and said: "But Lavren, I love your band and your music" she then threw a smug look in my direction and said: "Well thanks for the Money, LOSER!" before she stormed off into the women's bathroom.

cKy
The murder junkies
thrice
finch
gerard way
sonny moore
they were cool

Just at merch tables. Only ones that stick out are when I had an awkward fist bump with the singer from Touche Amore and another time when me, my gf at the time and the drummer from Future of the Left all tried to work out how much change I'd get from buying a t-shirt.

I ran into her once at a chick-fil-a in NC, she was really distracted and just kept looking at her phone. i realized that she was taking pictures of all the black patrons in the restaurant. then she told me how she was "fascinated by them" and that they're "just like us". i guess she'd never seen one before in scotland and none ever came to her shows so she had to come out to see them with her own eyes before they played at Bojangles stadium that night. i'm pretty sure he was high, she spoke very softly and her pupils were really dilated. one of the guys from the band might have been there too, i wouldn't have recognized them anyway though

she will never date you,give up

Brandon

What a bitch! I'm never going to masturbate to her ever again!!!

..this week.

I just have a crush on her, I know it's not going to happen. I'm just fucking bored.

Believe in yourself

how was it?

pretty much exclusively indie canadian bands

I talked to the guy from the Zolas at a show
I've met the Elwins a couple times
My cousin is dating the drummer from Born Ruffians so I talk to him about music at family events and stuff

There's no way she'd go after a guy like me, or any woman at this point in my life. Sonny Moore was cool, I didn't even know is what him at first. I was just chilling eating a hot dog and he came up and started talking to me about how overpriced everything was. Gerard was funny as hell and he was so coked up.

Are Thrice cool in person?

Someone introduced me to Tommy Emmanuel. He signed my guitar, I didn't ask for it but I guess that's just how they roll down under. Seemed like a nice guy but I really didn't have much to say to him.

I met the lead singer and the bassist. They were nice, maybe it was because I had to be around 14 at the time. I was star struck witch is weird because I didn't get that way with anyone else.

They always seemed like they'd be nice irl

>There's no way she'd go after a guy like me

not with that attitude. just be urself.

a total goober
a bit awkward, introverted, sort of friendly, can be a dick, means well.

I met Titus Andronicus. They're chill.

Sure, I'm fat, broke, and living at my parents house at almost 27. I have no career, no college education, no car, borderline alcoholic, no place of my own. Who the fuck wants that?

I always thought they would act autistic in person

the only celebrity i've met in real life is jermaine defoe. he's a nice guy, glad he got the England call up he deserved it

danny brown is a decent guy

>Ever met musicians IRL?
I am one, my friends/family are, I talk to them all the time.

>cKy

i met those guys too. that scruffy guitarist of theirs is really nice and bought me and my friends beers.

Chad or Deron?

i heard that Bickle was quite a hothead up until a couple years ago

at least your eyes aren't bowling balls

chad.

me on the left

Most of the musicians I've met have either set aside time to hang out at the bar or merch table of a club after their set because they deliberately want to clock time with fans, sign stuff, and take photos. And those have almost universally been positive experiences, because they -WANT- to be there chatting with you about the tour or whatever. Even sullen weirdos like Mark Lanegan, who has spent the last decade always making time to do meet and great shit after sets.

Running into musicians or any other celebrity on the street is always a crap shoot. People just gon' be having a bad day sometimes..

>or any woman at this point in my life
then why live?

My friend and I met Michael Gira after a show. I had a slightly sweaty piece of paper and my friend bought a t-shirt. I thanked him for the show and then said it kind of made me feel cleansed. He said, "Oh, really?" but I didn't hear him. Then when my friend got his shirt signed he tried talking to Michael but he didn't hear him. So both us had the exact opposite problems when communicating with him. He was really nice.

There were also two teenagers who were obviously from Sup Forums, and they talked to my fifty-three year old dad about vaporwave. They might have waved at me at one point, but I didn't know for sure so I just waved.

Was talking to the lads from BBNG after a show and they seemed real appreciative we were fans and were generally pretty cool. This was around 2013

Meh he seemed real disinterested in his fans at the couple shows I've seen him at and even stormed off stage at the end of one for no apparent reason

yea u can delete that good sir

He was cool to me, I've seen him pissed too.

Why were they talking to your dad specifically about Vaporwave? Also did they wave at you because they knew you went on /mu?

sufjan was beautiful and pure and everything you'd imagine him to be

you are a trainwreck

i met andrew wk once

he's as nice in person as you'd think he is. and he smells nice.

>sonny moore
How was he?

Are you like 4'10"?

the key is to lower your standards ;)

Really laid back, he was sitting there talking and eating with me and was pissed he had to spend what he did on food. I thought he was just some random scene kid talking to me at first. Threw me the mic for the last bit of "ride the wings of pestilence"..

met crywank when he was off his balls on acid, overall nice lad

Nah, I'm going to try to get my shit together. I'm not happy with my life and I regret the mistakes I've made, the money I spent, and the help I ignored. Can we not fuck this thread up ?

well, we've been waiting on you to "get your shit together" for years with little to no progress. people were happy that you got that job and expected you to change, once again you let people down. Sup Forums, the people who care about you, and imagine how lauren would think? she'd be dissapointed in you.

always remember Brandon !ZckuWKOLtU, Sup Forums cares about you

some of do anyway

I saw Lavren at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I saw him live with Andy McKee a couple of months ago. I didn't get to meet Tommy but he seems like a cool guy.

I sung on stage with George Petitte of Alexisonfire when he was tour with Cancer Bats, I bought him a beer after, he was really cool.

Killer Mike during the "Into the Wild" tour as RTJ was just hitting ground, he was standing in the foyer of the venue just hanging around, he was really nice.

And not exactly met, but I volunteered at a two week music fest where Kanye performed, I saw him through the fence and yelled "HELLO MR WEST" he turned around and shouted "SUP HOMIE", that was cool. At the same fest, I did some backstage stuff for Childish Gambino, he was a moody prick

>I has a disappoint Brandon

was he wet at the time?

I met Dale Crover from the Melvins
I met Aphex Twin when I was nine years old at an airport.
And I met Ben Weinman at a DEP show.

Probably on drugs

I met her at coachella in '16. She was pretty shy/nervous.

I bet Ben was cool

he doesn't understand how many people he let down that were rooting for him

more detail pls

What's the story behind him?

talked with TTNG, they were great

Brohugged kyle durfey from PBTT, he was chill as fuck and hung with us while mewithoutyou were on after them.

You can make it up with extreme charm!

John Darnielle
Lil Yachty
Jamie xx
Rivers Cuomo
saw Snoop Dogg at LAX once

justin broadrick

nice guy. sat in a pub with him and a friend after a jesu set in camden until 3am.

He was super friendly and talked to me about his setup.

Wants to fvck Lavren from Chvrches and can't.

That's awesome. I'm kind of sad I missed seeing them live.

All of us want to do that. Why is he special?

I met these guys.

Thomas was drunk and high. He walked around drinking and didn't talk to any fans much besides thanking them for coming. Andrew was high but not a sperg at all. He talked to me for a long time and gave me some advice and told me what being on tour was like. He said he didn't want to be in a band forever and was planning on being a math teacher for high schoolers some day. At the same time, he said he enjoyed playing for us and that he was glad that we came and supported the band. Frank was on the phone with his girlfriend mostly.

Funny enough, a few years later I was at this random show in a city on the other side of the country and some guys playing in a band were dressed just like the Fall of Troy. After the show I went up to them and shared the observation. They told me that they went to the same high school as Thomas, Tim and Andrew. I asked them what they were like back then and they just kind of shrugged and said Andrew was cool but Thomas and Tim were druggies.

he wants it really, really, really much

>Met Skrillex after one of his gigs in Brighton UK with my housemates.
>Chilled for a while then a few of us went back to his hotel room for drinks.
>My mate skinned up a massive joint when we were all fucked and Skrillex was all mad for it saying he smokes loads of weed...
>We smoked a joint and had a laugh but then Skrillex freaked the fuck out and was in the corner of his hotel room crying his eyes out.
>I left and went home because I had work in 2 hours but apparently it didn't let up for ages and everyone eventually left because he just went wrong.
True story.

shared a blunt with jamiroquai in the late 90's, pretty chill guys, jay gets a bad rep ngl, creative guy

Oh. Good luck I guess.

>Lil Yachty
How was he?

>not sucking Falco's cock
pleb

I was trash talking Patty Smith while walking through the upper east side and then I saw her

I don't know why but that interaction with Kanye is fucking hilarious.

I'm sorry for your loss. Not to rub it in, but it was epic. If you live in Europa tho you still have a chance.

I met Sting in the ATL airport

I met the chicks from Coathangers after a show and had a smoke/beer with em. Don't remember what we were talking about but it was chill

Met the singer from Mr Twin sister. We just talked about her music and future projects, life in Texas etc.

I also met Nardwuar at south by southwest. He was right behind me ordering a beer. Drank dos XX. Asked for a pic and he went on his way

Murrican :(

is this photoshopped? those proportions don't look natural at all

One time when I was like 8 my Dad went to a Tom Waits concert while I was doing stuff with my Brother and my Mum, we were in Scotland I think and we saw him while going back to the hotel. I was honestly really scared because his music (and the cover of Bone Machine) gave me nightmares. I don't remember much about him but my Dad said he was a cool guy.

My friend told Phil elverum he jerked off to his music and he just stared blankly back. I don't think he said anything.

>He talked to me for a long time and gave me some advice and told me what being on tour was like

Do go on, please

I love you Brandon please acknowledge me I wanna be your friend

wtf, I hate Lauren now

haha your friend sounds like a real wacky guy

I met Michael Gira once in the 90's
It was.... unsettling to say the least

who was the most intimidating of the artists you've met, and why?

I saw Michael Gira at the Rome Airport back in 2015 but I didn't have the balls to say hi to him.

one of the guys with him looked like a unwashed metalhead faggot, with extremely long hair

Lavren is only happy around betas, even her boyfriends are major betas
she's the perfect waifu

Michael Gira

Fat White Family slept in my kitchen last year after a gig, actually very polite and nice boys.

I met Meredith Monk last week it was amazing

I met a bassist and a guitar player. Not sure if they're famous or not.

Met Damian from Fucked Up numerous times at various record stores and shows. Best guy to talk to anything punk-related.