I am thinking of moving to Switzerland after i finished my university because i am sick and tired of the cultural...

I am thinking of moving to Switzerland after i finished my university because i am sick and tired of the cultural changes in my home country. Are there any Swiss people on here that can tell me how Swiss people treat immigrants like me?

I speak german and a little bit of french.

Bonus question: how far have the muslims come in Switzerland?

same question

For what it's worth: i am a non practicing catholic who is currently studying mechanical engineering.

Short answer, you will never be swiss unless you can talk swiss german.
It's an insta giveaway.

is bavarian close?

Define close

It's not standard german, but not a swiss accent either.

I can understand most swiss people and have a mix of schw"abisch and dutch which, according to a lot of people, sounds a lot like Schwizerdütsch. I also have no problems with always being regarded as a foreigner, as long as i can be accepted by the native people.

never mind, I must have been thinking of austrian and bavarian

I spent a part of my childhood near Kempten so i do have a pretty good dialect.

Again, define ''accepted''?

No one is gonna treat you badly here. We're still civilized.
You're gonna have people that will switch from accent to standard german as soon as they hear you speak

Older people will tell you not to use the washing machine afte 9pm and on sundays.

Basically no one really give a hoot from where you are.

That's great to hear. Also, is it really necessary to speak at least 2 of the languages fluently?

How do the Swiss people live together with Muslims, and what is their stance on the rest of Europe?

>Older people will tell you not to use the washing machine afte 9pm and on sundays.
Why?

Muslim Muslim Muslim, is there something else what is interesting or are you just interested about muslims.

From my understanding of bavarian culture, it is looked down upon when you work on sundays like mowing the grass or doing some construction work around the house.

I am interested in other things as well, but i didn't get answer to that question yet, and since it is a part of the reason why i want to leave, i feel like addressing this issue.

you will be accepted if you don't reject the local traditions/culture

also good luck finding work (pro-tip: start a year before, if you have less than 5 years experience in whatever field you want to work in)

No one cares if you are muslim as long you go about your buisness.

No you don't need 2 languages.

It's rude to cause noise on Sunday. You aren't supposed to vaccum your house either.
Basically anything that makes noise is not appreciated.

didn't know you were non-white muslim
disregard my advice you might find something in genf
but that's all

Muslims are like any other Religion in Swizerland aswell. They also have mosques. If you want to move to another country without Muslims you are on the wrong Planet.

Never been to Faroe Islands rasheed?

Order and Progress.

>It's rude to cause noise on Sunday
It's just another day. What you guys do at Sundays? take a lot of naps?

Or, it could be related to jew rulers.

Sonntag ist Ruhetag

But, rest doing what?
What you guys do Sunday. Seriously?

>Or, it could be related to jew rulers.
That would be saturday.

Yes. You are right. I did not know the exactly day that jews don't do shit.

Sleep in. Relax. Enjoy the silence. Take a walk on empty streets.
Go to church if you're into that.

Prepare for monday, go to friends/relatives, eat cake and pie, just do something nice and relaxing.

Also, are there any other things i should know about Switzerland?

>Enjoy the silence
You can do this at your job (depending on your job).
>Take a walk on empty streets.
Yeah, i would not do that in Brazil...
>Go to church if you're into that.
Sure, but it take what? 40 minutes in the church.

You culture seeing very strange to me. How do you manage to shut the fuck up of the neighbor kids? And the dogs?

Its an unwritten german rule which exist for very long. Also there is nothing to do since all Shopping malls are closed.

>all Shopping malls are closed.
So do ours. But we still manage to get drunk and try to fix something that should not be fixed for drunk people.

I really want to know, how do you manage to shut the fucking kids mouths?

Sunday everything is closed besides shops at train stations and gas stations.

People usually do outside activities or stay in. Either way it's supposed to be a ''Ruhetag''.

It's a catholic thing which I'm happy about.

You can't do anything about babies, but as soon as they're old enough to understand what they're told it mostly works.

Lock them up in the cellar

You grow up here you learn pretty quick not to be a loud mouth in resident areas.

Go to the park, which there are plenty of in every town to be ''loud''.

>I really want to know, how do you manage to shut the fucking kids mouths?
You're talking to germs. They either give them alcohol or kill them.

Sorry, i could not resist.

Do you fell threaten by migrants that use Sunday to shout nigger sounds?

>Sorry, i could not resist.
And, i fuck up my joke.

I really can't do anything right.

Takes maybe 3 songs to finish and you will have a friendly policeman at your door.

I don't live in a shitty neighbourhood though.

Last time i call police for nigger sounds (i usually don't. But this one was driving me crazy). The drunk guy try to beat the police officer and was arrested.
In the other night he was playing again. I hate living around portuguese people.

Do they do that in the cities too or is it more of a rural thing?

Everywhere.

Kek

Dude, EVERYTHING is closed.
Not a ''choice'', it's the law.
Besides what I mentioned.

I think it's funny cause, the city to close to where I live is a massive tourist location (Luzern), and the tourists are all fucked on Sunday.