IQs are basically estimations of how well designed our brain is to learn information quickly...

IQs are basically estimations of how well designed our brain is to learn information quickly. Two people can learn something difficult but the one with superior IQ will learn it quicker and with less effort.

I'm above average with 123 IQ the last time I got it checked. I still struggle with Calculus and other advanced courses in STEM but feel that I'm good at arguing and considering philosophical/logical arguments. I'm perhaps socially retarded but that's because of my upbringing.

What's your guys' IQs? Any thoughts, stories, ideas around the subject?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Intelligence_Scale_for_Children#Test_format
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depression, broad knowledge in numerous fields, people are generally impressed after hearing me speak.

Guess IQ is bullshit if you don't use the potential you have and train yourself in discipline and critical thinking. I think that people with more average IQ's don't overthink everything as much and I somewhat envy their simple worldviews.

I score 134 on an online IQ test.

IQ is a waste if you don't use it.

In the same sense I envy you for such a big number becasue it would really ease up my life of studies and work. I suppose you can find happiness in life regardless but it's less interesting when you know you're just at a general disadvantage at all times.

>an online iq test

it's below 100, guaranteed

Link the IQ test? If I differ by 15 points it's probably very unstable.

Can any of you idiots tell me the name of the test you took?

Or any of the index scores you got?

Or any percentiles you scored?

Or even describe one of the subtests to me?

These threads are 99% bullshit

OP here. Took a test at my University. I can't talk for the legitimacy but it was a written test done under an hour and I scored 123 IQ.

Did any of you take an effort test first?

What about a pre-morbid estimate test?

Do you know the names of those?

What is the mean and standard deviation of the test you took?

150 on the Raven test.
Don't really have mental chatter, used to tho, no depression, life is great, great motor skills, I usually learn physical skills just by watching people, still gotta repeat tho for neural pathway broadening. Most things are very easy, my biggest problem was motivation until recently as I picked up meditation. Low to none sexual attraction to anybody.

So you have no idea if it is a proper IQ test or not?

It was a written test, as in, exam style multiple choice? So you're telling me there was no qualified educational or clinical psychologist testing you?

I'm curious on how you think of a math problem. Let's say you have some typical math problem that comes up. Does it just pop in your head how it works? Do you "compute" several different ideas and then see which one checks out etc?

Describe this test to me - quickly, to prove you're not Googling it

Same story here, 126 IQ, garbage at mathematics.

I think most people are shit at mathematics, or dislike it, or both. There's a reason it is one of the most underpopulated majors.

true that! my iq is 141 and i feel like wasted potential..

Again, what test, give me sub-indices or you are talking shit

Test average is 153 out of 7 tests, lowest was 144 and highest was 161. A professional tested me with 154. I have Asperger's Syndrome, and am not very adept with being social.

and not ashamed of it

im ripped as fuck ive fucked 10 times more girls than any of you spergs here combined

stay autistic nerdo's

peace out

Describe two of the subtests to me?

guess we are iqbound or something.

Overthinking is something you can control though. You can change pretty much every aspect of yourself as long as you truly desire it.

>mental chatter
this is unreasonable, I've taken a WRIT before but there's no way I can remember all if any of the sub-tests.

Did it years back, don't really remember it, sorry. Believe it or not.
You know how most people think or process primarily auditively, visually or kinaestheticly? There's also digital, If I thing about a salad, I don't picture anything. Maybe the taste. Mostly physical oriented for me, I'm also good at painting.

Nah man you don't sound 86, atleast 105 bro.

This

shut the fuck up assburgers

go do your fucking homework

I don't know my IQ score, but I am a qualified clinical psychologist and I have tested about 17 people using the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale IV (WAIS-IV).

I also routinely use tests of executive function, theory of mind, memory, pre-morbid estimates, effort tests, and measures of mental health alongside the IQ tests I use.

The idea that any one of you has an IQ of 125+, let alone 141, 153, and wasn't curious enough to ask for a breakdown of those scores, a percentile, or to know what the fucking NAME of the test was, proves just how full of shit you are.

Google the Iowa Gambling Task and the Somatic Marker Hypothesis

Read about fluid intelligence, crystallised intelligence, and various theories of general intelligence

Where do you take an actual IQ test?

132 on Cattel 'B'
140 on Culture Fair

Taken one after the other, same session, mensa supervised test Dec 2003.
I agree most here spout bullshit, anyone who gives their 'iq' as a number instead of a percentile is retarded and lying.
You don't use a number because the tests are not all measured the same.

Example, in case it helps someone lie better next time. 140 on the Culture Fair test put me at top 4%, not good enough for mensa.
Cattel B scored me at 132, top 1%.

The score gave me a number, that number is adjusted and used to give me a percentage.
My iq is not 140 or 132, it is somewhere between top 1% or top 4%.
Hope this helps weed out the niggers.

>Claims to have IQ 126
>Claims cannot remember any of the subtests

Cool story bro

I was tested at age 7 with the Wechsler children's test and scored "over 145" according to the tester. It was done at my school, when the school psychologist noticed I was a sperg (I've since been diagnosed with Asperger's).

I wish I could give you more information but I live in a different country now and we don't have any of that old paperwork any more. To this day I think it's weird that she specifically said "over 145" and not something more specific, but I remember reading it in the letter we got along with the test results.

I don't remember much about it, but I remember parts of it being timed. She told me I shouldn't waste time, but she seemed to be trying to hide the stopwatch from me, like she didn't want me to know I was actually being timed, which I remember being annoyed by. Most of it was symbols on paper and stuff. The one I specifically remember was choosing which shapes to put on a teeter-totter to make it balanced.

I would get tested by Mensa, but you have to pay for it and I don't think IQ is a good measure of intelligence anyway, at least not in a pragmatic sense. I know how high my IQ is, but I've still met tons of people I'd consider "smarter" even though I know statistically they probably have lower IQ.

do like a these guys do and ask your mother

I took mine a few years ago.

I don't remember much about the results other than that I scored in the 135-145 range for all the results/topics.

The test took an hour or two. And was done with a live test giver.

There was a written part with some logical questions, some pictoral puzzles, and some language questions.

Then there was a segment where I was shown various abstract images and asked to describe them and say what I saw.

Then there were some open ended situational questions based off prompts and images.

Then there were some basic motor-ish skills test.

Lastly I remember being given a tower of hanoi and asked to solve it. They timed me and counted the moves it took me.

153 but I'm schizoaffective and don't wipe my own asshole before or after shitting depending on my feels.

Not the other user, but people with higher IQs tend to be apathetic and despondent in life. It's hard to choose a path when everything is easy academically and nothing excites you. It's like being in a circle of hell and it makes nothing matter. I'm more jealous of your drive user. My state measured IQ about a month before I dropped out of high school was 141. I work in a factory, making 120k a year but I will never have time for an education and I have no goals in my life other than striving to be happy which I acknowledge may be unattainable.

I would rather be a jolly dumbass with a room temperature IQ.

I tested back in college at 139, but I obsessed over everything in my life and became a big alcoholic and drug addict. I guess my brain had a few loose wires that I could never fully repair.

Why the hell would you get tested 7 times? That doesn't sound like a very productive use of your time. Was there a medical reason for that?

Why don't you go to
> Sиαpchαty.me
and leak all your snapchat friends

Easiest way is do the mensa online test. It used to be that if you did well and thought you were a clever boy, you'd pay £10 or whatever you use and get sent a test. Send it back and if any good, they invite you for a real one.
Happens every few months at a nearby school or college.

LMAO

first of all im not a fuckin nigger

second of all what good is 160, 170 iq to any of your if you aint even gonna breed?

youll never even see a pussy irl when i will pass my genes to maybe 10 or so girls

stay in your basement genius

(me)
I want to point out that the test results obviously had WAY more info, like points on every section and percentiles and stuff, but I didn't really study it at the time and it wasn't really kept after we moved to the UK (the test was taken in the USA at a shitty public school in Detroit). So I really can't say anything more specific. But the tester wrote a letter to the school, which they passed on to us, saying "over 145 on the Wechsler children's scale" and that was what my mom kept repeating, so I remember it.

>IQ thread

inb4 everyone is a savant. too late.
Iq is a bell curve that drops sharply after 115

I wanna go party with this guy

is that the girl from "the 100" ? the mechanic / hot cripple?

OK, you are someone that is not completely full of shit.

Note though that the CFIT (Culture Fair) has a standard deviation of 24 point, as opposed to the much more standard 15 points.

So in effect, someone scoring IQ 124 on CFIT would have 115 on the WAIS. This is another reason why most of the IQ 150 claiming morons have no idea what they are talking about. Even their smart friend who scored 120 on Catell or whatever has only scored 112 on a gold standard test.

Still, if you are not lying about the scores, top 4% is pretty good. Typically this is expressed as a percentile though, so if you were 96th percentile, you'd be smarter than 95% of the population, but less smart than the top 3%

Would warn you though, pleasing as it is to find out that you really were bright after all, there's just as many who discover they are not.
Thinking you're smart and finding out you're average would be a real troubler.

I'm sad to hear about not feeling up for anything. I'd say I understand but I probably don't understand you on the same level. I've seen my education as the only way to get a happy area of work that is easy to move around with so that's what I'll do while I pick up interesting hobbies and whatnot on the side.

I wish I got to see just the genius of an extra 20+ IQ. It would be intersting to see just how much more clear things get when you look at them.

I can probably have a rather easy time in areas of interest which is basically only programming. The rest I fall flat. Much is disinterest in especially Mathematics but I do procastinate way too much as well.

In the end I'm sure it's whiny to complain. If you get into University you definitely am higher up on the IQ scale and generally shouldn't complain about it.

> would rather be a jolly dumbass
Same here, user. At a certain point I believe that having more awareness doesn't equate to a better life.

Do you have this pic without the text?

>less smart
It's fewer smart moran

For me it isn't quite like that.

It's not that everything comes easy. Things are still hard, they just are doable.

The big problem for me is that I know I could pretty much do anything I wanted if I applied myself; but I'm not necessarily excited by anything.

I can cause a lot of stress/anxiety. Is what I am mastering the best thing for me? Should I switch it up and try something different? Am I wasting my talent on something trivial?

It's spam you fuckin newfart

I've only ever used WISC-III, but I can confirm that there is no "teeter-totter" in the test.

Whilst I can't absolutely confirm that an earlier edition did not contain a "teeter-totter" this claim makes me doubt you, to be honest.

The thing to understand about childhood IQ tests is that they measure your IQ compared to an average for your age group (typically within a 6 month age band), so scoring "over 145" would just mean you were advanced for your age, if this were true.

Then again, that would be 3+ SD which I sincerely doubt. Also, the tester really would have given you a proper score, and not just said that. Plus, you'd remember the working memory tests. They are easy to describe for anyone that has done them.

I am highly inclined to believe that most people above 130IQ here aren't just due to the great bell curve going downwards rapidly. What's the probability so many of us are that high? I suppose many low-IQ don't want to talk about it but it's still questionable how many of you guys "are" in the higher IQ ranges.

Depends on context.

Has it ever occurred to you that MENSA is a scam set up to con people out of £10 for their test, and give them a nice story to tell about how smart they are?

It is pretty unlikely.

>INTP-T
>Tested with Raven Matrices
>131.2 IQ
>Fukkingifted.png
>Failed at Math
>Couldn't focus in school
>Always got targeted for shit
>26 ACT

Just don't

They let me into their club and gave me a nice coffee mug and a plaque to give to my mum. Her little face was well smiley. Worth it.
They were crappy tests though, mostly simple logic based - cogs and pulleys, 3d shapes laid flat etc.
Worse part was not being able to find the room, had to ask the caretaker who called his mate over the walkie talkie to loudly proclaim he had 'a load of geniuses who can't find the way to the exam'.
Fair play to him.

I'm not sure about you, but the bulk of people I know that were introduced to Sup Forums, were in fact introduced at an engineering school.

I'm not sure about the actual numbers, but I would guess a reasonable large percentage of the Sup Forums audience are or were at one point socially awkward STEM college students. The same type of students that tend to get IQ tests and score the higher percentile.

I would also guess that people of average intelligence rarely have a reason to take an IQ test. I have only ever heard of very dumb or very smart people being tested, and I think that pattern holds fairly true out of my own experience.

I totally agree. I IQ tested my wife using the WAIS-IV and she scored 118, i.e. 88th percentile. She codes web-pages for a living.

99% of what people say in these threads is pure BS.

Also, never even studied for ACT, still got 26

see
also, I just looked it up:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Intelligence_Scale_for_Children#Test_format

Second bullet point of FRI section.

Like I said, I didn't really look at the results; I wasn't exactly a functional person at the time, I just wanted to play video games. I only remember the "over 145" part because it was made out to be a big deal. It doesn't surprise me that it's not indicative of a real IQ score, like I said, I don't consider myself that smart. Maybe I'll ask my therapist if I can get tested again so I can answer you faggots properly next time.

That's a reasonable point. I may go to an engineering school but I found Sup Forums way back before that. Your point makes a lot of sense though.

The postal test would only confirm your online one. If you did well online, you'll do well on the postal one and you'll probably pass and get in.
So, no. The only losers are the ones who cheated online or at home and get slaughtered on the day.

Seriously Sup Forumsros I'm not even lying.

I actually have 131.2 IQ and I'm bad at math that in a 16 minute test, I don't finish because I fuck up division without a calculator.

Its relevant for some jobs.

High IQ doesn't make you knowledgeable. It makes you better at learning.

IQ is what makes the preparation and prior learning give better and bigger results.

Implying the Bell Curve isn't a racist book written by two ziocons.

Kek.

>Implying psychology can't be weaponized.

My sides.

IQ tests are for fags. It's not about your 'potential' it's about what you actually DO with it. Having a high number attached to yourself is just self esteem wank, so that when you fail you can say "yes but I'm smart so one day it'll all just fall into place for me." Enjoy your circle jerk you faggots.

I think a lot of faggots mimic drawling on in very verbose language and aren't particularly smart.

When I was younger I'd taken a few IQ tests online, but those are mostly shit and they always held my results for ransom and expect me to pay.

Thus, I have no clue what my IQ is. Statistically I'd imagine I'm around average.

Anyone have any not-shit tests that are free online? I'm a little curious.

I'd add to this that if you measure up to a high IQ and don't do anything you will probably end up being worse off... So much wasted potential in this thread apparently.

>oh yes, your point is so good
>give me your point

Any site made for IQ tests is often not a proper IQ test.

I'd recommend some IQ-tests that are hosted on Science-Magazine sites. I don't recommend online but if you only want online that's where I'd look

dont forget the .2

How can it be racist when East Asian do better in IQ test than whites?

Guess my IQ isn't so high after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm this guy --->I'm not despondent, but I am unexcited, unmotivated and pretty mentally lazy.
I'm a tradesman, in fact at the moment I'm a stay at home dad who spends entire days watching movies and napping.
I didn't use my brain to excel, I used it to easymode a normal life. Comfy.

I regret it though, I don't feel compelled to try to cure cancer or w/e, but I should have done more. I am hugely unsatisfied that at 40, I haven't really achieved anything 'special'

Ended up with 135 from my universitys psych evaluation program. I struggle with algebra, while calculus is a breeze. I pick up most subjects fairly quickly, but I think that's because ill read into it, and see how other subjects relate to the original.

And as arguments go, what I said previously ties into it. Having a knowledge of a subject from unbiased sources definitely helps you reach a sound conclusion, but feedback and input from others helps refine that conclusion.

I was a social retard for a long time, but that was more because I perceived myself as a socially awkward person, and wouldn't put myself into situations that would help me grow. As soon as you get past the idea of your perceived limits, you'll find that you can move forward on those areas pretty quickly. And people will be more receptive to your initial awkwardness if you just admit it and laugh at it. Trying to maintain a face is pointless if you know you're lying to yourself.

I don't consider myself to be 'smart' - just someone who tries to see more than what is just given. Broad knowledge is good, I think, especially in social situations, but a deep knowledge on subjects that interest you will provide you with happiness, and others will take note of your knowledge and appreciate you more for it - and then even more when you take genuine interest in their subjects of interest. You don't have to try to outdo anyone, admitting you don't know as much as they do allows for you to learn, and for them to speak, and everyone loves speaking about themselves or their interests.

Like this suggests, being perceptive, pleasant, present, and patient gives you so much more, thus you have more to give.

Yeah im thrilled about it too

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not really looking to go out of my way to test it officially or anything, so that'll probably do.

Every race has their own bell curve.

The question I have for you is who's bell curve are we seeing in the 1994 book?

A conservative American's example of bell curve.

It's 2017. Let someone less biased or less Jewish review the subject.

Absolutely agree. The more you know, the more you realise how little you know, how little you control and how little difference you make. My wife is no shining mental star, but she's happier than me. She works, does family stuff, watches shit tv and is non the wiser of most of the ills of the world.
Ignorance really is bliss.

161 but I'm too autistic to put it to good use and I'm probably going to die by 25.

whose*

Did the WAIS-IV 6 months ago. Between 138-146 IQ. Now I know why I've always found school & life to be boring as fuck. Gifted people are miserable.

>IQs are basically estimations of how well designed our brain is to learn information quickly.
no, IQ is an arbitrary "measurement" of cleverness.

whomst'd'velle

good for you man

lazy ass

Thanks man.

If I can give back a little insight that might work for someone else, I've done my job.

It's not without merit, but in certain situations only.
If I have 2 workers and I have a new 'thing', a new process, concept, whatever; I am more likely to see it through by using the high iq dude over the other one.
Most of the time, effort and application beats intelligence by a mile. But iq literally is there to give an indication of how well or how likely in comparison someone can learn something new.
It can be useful, on rare occasions it can be crucial.