Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling listening to the second movement of this song that Gerard Way could...

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling listening to the second movement of this song that Gerard Way could have recreated a style very similar to Freddie Mercury with that fucking powerful ballad and the guitars going mental in the back. It's like as soon as the movement ends it descends into emo revival trash but you just get this one glimpse of what MCR could have been?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuSxal8pf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first time I listened to the song, I got exactly that feeling, like "holy shit you built me up so high just to drop me off in Blink-182ville."

I've gotten over it as the song has gained a nostalgic appeal for me. But I still remember that first disappointment.

Funny enough, MCR thought they were doing a Queen impression with this album and especially that song.

my chemical romance was just a dadrock band with dark spooky emo look

I dunno man, I feel like they were aiming for the dadrock thing until they went way off the fucking road and turned to the cringy hallmark emo thing that they became.

I think they always wanted to do dadrock, but the label execs made them throw some emo cringe in there in order to ship records

>everything i dont like is dadrock

Look, we get it, you hate your dad.
Anyways, if you look at early MCR they had more of a the misfits type thing going on before they hopped on the emo wave.

>first album is post-hardcore
>second album is goth pop
i don't think they ever wanted to do "dadrock"

I didn't mean dadrock in a negative sense, I was just describing the "aesthetic" the TBP was intended to be. It honestly could've been a masterpiece if it weren't for the barrage of blink-182-ness (i.e "Teenagers" or the third part of "Welcome to the Black Parade")

Wait. You all like this music not ironically?

dadrock is like the most passive aggressive daddy issues fucking term, like you are putting down decades of amazing music because you hate your dad or some shit.

Anyways.

I say it all the time, MCR, is just what happens when you fuse cheap trick with the misfits

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuSxal8pf4

Not OP, but unfortunately I do. I'm old enough to remember it, but not old enough to comprehend the "cringe" factor. I personally thought that there were waaaaay worse emo bands though

kind of post-post-post-ironically

kind of like I used to like it like "lol this is a guilty pleasure" then moved onto "there are no guilty pleasures" then onto "actually there probably are guilty pleasures but it's stupid to feel bad about enjoying the pop music of your adolescence"

so I'd say I just like it now, same way old fogies like the early beatles hits

What's your age, then an do you live in the US?

>MCR
>goth
Leave this board. Leave it now. Don't ever post again.

20, yes

I understand that, but that's not the context I meant it in.

if the sisters of mercy are goth, then mcr is goth

unless you're one of those "the only true goth is like dead can dance and shit" people

in which case lighten up

which I know is an ironic thing to tell a person with strident opinions on what is and isn't goth

Sisters of Mercy got the goth sound tho. MCR always were post-hardcore, Black Parade being emo-pop with a symphonic twist. You can't call a band goth based on their appearance.

and fucking anyways a majority of mcr's fanbase was female.

Like, you got to be like 6 years old to consider mcr dad rock, sorry mom rock

MCR gives me nostalgia for the early 2000's, in retrospect there music wasn't terrible, its was okay pop rock, people mainly hated them because of their fanbase and because they were kind of faggy

>three cheers
>not goth
nice try buddy

I'm talking sonically, not demographically you fucking sperg. And I'm not saying what they WERE I'm saying what they could've been

>You can't call a band goth based on their appearance.

Why not? What does goth sound like? The 80's?

the fact that you take goth this seriously is infinitely worse than mislabelling a genre
dont get so triggered mane, most dadrock is great but anyone who has seen the graphic tees at wal mart instinctively knows its fucking dadrock

>Wait. You all like this music not ironically?
It's a very guilty pleasure, like vocal house from the late 80's early 90's.
Some time I want to be a raver from Manchester sometimes a gay black man from Chicago sometimes a 15 year old chubby girl from the suburbs

This

>dont get so triggered mane, most dadrock is great but anyone who has seen the graphic tees at wal mart instinctively knows its fucking dadrock
WOW A BAND HAS MERCH, MUST BE DAD RAWK, LOL FUCK YOU DAD HURRRR

>dadrock is like the most passive aggressive daddy issues fucking term,
The fuck are you on about. Dadrock is just old rock dads may listen to.
I love it. But it's still dadrock and not post avant-garde jazzcore

Are you retarded? "Dadrock" just refers to "classic rock", a label in a label, nothing negative about it. And in that context, yes, it's absolutely true. All of the members cited common classic rock bands as major influences, and half of their albums are filled with "grand" arena rock that sounds alot like queen. It's all under the aesthetic of being "emo". That's basically the best description I can come up with for them.

We found one boys

MCR's fanbase were like that ugly quirky girl who like invader zim, and was fat, and wrote fan ficton.

Like 30 years from now MCR's fanbase is going to be cat ladies and jaded sjw's.

Not your dad,

Your dad was listening to like radiohead or like slipknot in the early 2000's

>Gothic Rock is a style of rock-based music focusing primarily on 'gothic' music and imagery. Typical aspects of the sound include synths, moderate-to-heavy employment of chorus and echo effects and "twangy" rhythm guitar.

So yeah, just post-punk with darker imagery and heavier use of effects.

lmao that post was tongue in cheek mate

It's no secret they're obsessed with Queen. They've mentioned it in lots of interviews.

>ywn be a dorky manlet that grew up to slay tons of barely legal pussy thanks to your shitty band

Gerard actually has a funny story, he was like some nerdy fat kid, wanted to make comic books and cartoons for a living, lost weight, decided to start a rock band because of 9/11.
Osama bin laden is directly responsible for my chemical romance.
Also he was kind of faggot and isnt the type to "slay pussy".
He is a nerd that likes dungeons and dragons

well props. as cringy as that shit was, going from being a nerd to what was (Briefly) "cool" in pop culture is exceptionally rare. even though he was kinda a fag like you said.

Lmao what, how does 9/11 inspire someone to start an emo band?