Worth it?

Worth it?

not unless 2004

once upon a time....but that time has long gone

Can you explain?

Yeah it's a lot of fun and if you get bored just cancel your subscription

played from vanilla-bc then off and on till legion not even worth anymore. try to find a free private server if ur bored and wana try it.

Legion is pretty dope, but fags will tell you otherwise

this

always gotta be the "BOO HOOOOOOOOO EVERYTHIGN ISN'T EXACTLY THE SAM AS IT WAS WHEN I WUZ A KID" crowd

Are most people that play WoW fat neckbeards?

Only old school players tell you its shit.

Just try it for 1 month and have fun

nowadays definitely not, but the fat neckbeards are the ones you want to be playing with because they are actually good at the game

Awww, alright. Thanks.

I train at the gym 5-6 days doing heavier weights than my body weight and I also do kickboxing 3-4 times a week.

Go fuck yourself.

I was a cutting edge player. Just sold my account for several hundred dollars.

The game is fun but the time investment is the killer. If you want to be better than 90% of the players its mostly skill and minimal time investment. If you want to be better than 99% time investment triples.

I give it 7/10 currently which is pretty good coming from an original Vanilla player.

Bullshit, majority of players are still shit, I'm casual but still typically top damage as sin in raid and outlaw for keystone.

Yea, I bet you're also a Navy Seal too, faggot.

The rng for legendaries and that ap grind is awful.

Nah m8, I work at Costco as tire installer.

never played it.

it looked like it would suck a lot of life away.

however, a friend met his future wife playing this shit; so who am i to judge. it got him laid.

I'm sure it would suck life away, but I'm literally on the brink of suicide at this point of time in life and I could care less about becoming a fat slob or wasting my time on a video game.

you could have said no. instead you made us cringe

Totally

He's either A. a fat ass or B. works out for attention, because he's ugly and can't get girls.

Already fucked a girl, so worth it. I literally fucked the sluttiest girl I could find just to lose it, so I wouldn't die a virgin. And I still want to die, so worth it.

Aw, feels.

I thought the same, the lack of self-confidence is disturbing

i used to play Druid, and Druid was pretty cool, then i played Monk for a minute, then i played Priest and Priest was pretty awesome pretty legit

but THEN i switched to SHAMAN and SHAMAN is the ultimate GOAT god-tier

Exactly. Lucky me I obtained 5 legos and 4 of them were the best ones. I figured I should quit the game while my toon was valuable. But yeah the AP grind is what did me in.

I've noticed Shaman is kind of OP. But Warlock is cool, because of the concept.

Don't fuck up your life by playing this game op. It isn't even close to as good as it was 10 years ago but you will still waste a shit ton of time playing it and later wish you hadn't.

Naaaah I've never regretted playing even the shittiest of games for hours on end. I was the one kid that got the ET game and liked it.

ya warlock is pretty fuckin edgy. only edgy class i ever really got into was shadowpriest. played the shit out of it back in WoD, god it was OP in battlegrounds. got the Wrecking Ball achievement as SP by accident

Vanilla WoW is probably the best vidya ever made. TBC close second.

Yeah m8, let just assume that.

There are far more reason to workout than to look good but you wouldn't know because you don't lift bruh.

I actually do work out. I just curl weights, though. Need to get back into running, because I don't work out my core at all and I'm going to get fat.

thunder bluff : maximum comfy

no but do it anyway

Shaman is one of the worst class to play, along with monk and Warlock.

Word of advice tho, don't play Warlock unless you're willing to invest a lot of time grinding anicent power for all your artifacts. Same with legendaries.

KEK

I'm willing to put in the time. When I ask is it worth it I mean is it actually going to be fun. And as far as I can tell for someone who doesn't know shit. Warrior is probably the best class to choose as a noob.

then go for it.
played from bc to pandaria. heard that legion is pretty dope except that legendary grind and that most of the top players quitted because of that.

the reason vanilla/bc player hate this game now because of all the add ons. earlier you had to actually fucking read the quest to know where to go and search for the objective. now its like the game does everything for you.
(its marked on the map)

also everyone knew everyone. when i was looking for members for my group i knew whom to take and whom not. now you get into a queue and get mixed with random people from 26183 servers. you go in, finish the dungeon thats it.

Bosses arent even that hard anymore because no one wants to invest more than 10 minutes for a dungeon. back in the days it could take several hours so you get to know the boss tactics and when you have done it and looted the boss it was a good feeling because you achieved something.

ofc there are achievments where the boss fight gets a lot harder (e.g. "kill the boss without interrupting a certain spell") but its a different story because its optional.

my problem with the game is that you dont get a connection to the lore itself. you dont get a nice feeling for really achieving something because its more or less a dead brainer now.

Bosses arent even that hard anymore because no one wants to invest more than 10 minutes for a dungeon. back in the days it could take several hours so you get to know the boss tactics and when you have done it and looted the boss it was a good feeling because you achieved something.

That's a bit upsetting. I had heard about people putting time into stuff like that and it sounded interesting, but I never actually got into it.

I'm sure Blizzard just did that to try to bring in more players and make the game more inviting.

The lore seems interesting to me, already. So I think I'll do fine.

not really. like you I had never played before, was curious and bought the game. market is not fun to play, none of the classes are interesting, content sucks. the only part I found enjoyable was making new transmogs, then I realized I was paying for a game to play dressup and grind shitty content. There is a lot to do but none of it is fun.
It's not like there are any better MMORPG out. I enjoyed Albion Online a lot more than this game

it just felt like you are someone and get recognized for it. now you are just like everyone else. if you wanted to raid a high tier dungeon you had to invest time and be good at the game. now you have like 5 different difficulties so everyone can go through a dungeon.

I re-subbed for Legion after quitting in BC.

The game is a lot different than it used to be. Blizzard has done a good job of making almost everyone feel powerful and well-geared (which is a crazy difficult needle for an MMO game designer to thread). Differences in skill and gear are apparent at higher levels (raiding, mythic+), but for everyday PvE and PvP, the game is easy and fun even with low commitment. Classes are more distilled and simplified (good or bad, depends on your perspective). Learning your spell rotations takes like an afternoon, and after that it's all learning boss mechanics.

That said, I'm obsessive, so I'm on the ilvl grind and mythic+ ladder climb.

>shaman is one of the worst class to play

you meant to say "shaman is one of the more challenging and most rewarding classes to play"

the lore is really great and thought through but you need to read and pay attention to it. but since you dont have to read the quests anymore you will have a hard time feeling the lore. the thing with getting mixed with randoms is not such a bad thing. it could take hours to form a group and sometimes you couldnt even manage to get enough people.

I'd take time to read quests to get the most out of the game.

I have a Warlock so I can say that I got burned out dues to all three specs having different playstyle, so you would need to get specific gear with good stats for them including legendaries.

Warrior is actually in pretty good position at the moment in every aspect so it's a solid choice.

I main rogue and I roll as assassin/outlaw and been having a blast despite the issues with game itself.

if you do go through with it join a PvE server. World PVP nowadays means camping the quest givers

if you enjoyed wow at all post-wotlk then you'll enjoy current wow. if you liked grinding out weapon skills, the old talent system, not having the dungeon finder and not having cross realm then you probably won't like it now.

but if you don't care about any of that and just want to fuck around, a lot of the new quests are pretty fun at higher levels and have a lot more cutscenes and voiceacting for the zone storylines. they added some new stuff to bg's, arenas and brawler's guild too. still fun imo but a lot better if you're in a guild that does a lot of events each week. make's it a lot more fun to engage with other people.

The legendary system I can see why you wouldn't enjoy it.

However, people bitching about the AP are fucking idiots. No sensible RL is going to require a ridiculous amount of AP. If they do, fuck off and make your own guild I guess.

yeah people make it seem like not having ap limits you from doing things ingame but it doesn't at all. only thing you need are 3 relics with high ilvl which are easy as fuck to get.

creepshot

dat sweet BELF ass

Yea, I'm not gonna bother with World PVP, lol.

I played vanilla all the way thru WoD. I'd play again if they lowered the price but for what they want it's not worth it.

It's not that much, unless you're struggling to pay the rent already.

if you are good at making gold you can just buy a wow token on ah for like ~100k gold. price varies but i think it's usually around that. pays for a month of game time though and gold is pretty easy to make.

PAH

bro i've been playing for free since the day they released WoW tokens, they were only like 19K gold at the very beginning, i stockpiled 2 years worth of playtime immediately

broooooooooo wut r u doin

I knew a beautiful 20 year old who sold her classic account (this was years ago of course) for enough money to buy a decent used car.
So she spent ALOT of time on the server.
She would go without many things when she was at the end of her paycheck, but she always paid that subscription...

the feels in this one.
Feel the same even though I really only started with wotlk

Do you really need this to be explained to you?

I just said that as a joke, dude. I used to be a jock in highschool who hung out with nerds and played D&D even though I was probably big enough to knock the shit out of everyone I played at the table with.

Unfortunately I did. It's like having to explain to a 8 year old why the Chinese dislike the Japanese. They're retarded on the subject.

The changes made throughout the recent expansions have made it "shit" in the words of wow old fags. Even me coming from cataclysm being my first expansion can say that pandaria and the expansion after that made it quite shit imo.

Try a private server with anything clataclism or before if you wanna try.

>No sensible RL is going to require a ridiculous amount of AP.
But that's just straight up wrong. Before the 7.2 patch changed the weapon traits up, Mythic Nighthold was tuned around having all 54 points in your weapon. If your RL wasn't requiring you to have that he wasn't doing his job.

I understand that old nolstalgia faggatism that they feel. I feel that way about most bethesda series, but I still play everything they come out with. I can see why they stopped, though. 15$ a month to play something you aren't entirely into is a waste.

>i refuse to remove my rose-tinted glasses therefore everything the game does nowadays sucks

Download excalibur Wow (private server) patched at 2.4.3 TBC and try it. The d/l is only 8.5 gig or so.
Warmane is also bringing out TBC on 20th May.
So try the above servers or any private one with a decent enough crowd of players

If a game removed a lot of the features that originally got me interested in it I'd be upset too.

If you like cake walk, hand holding games, sure. Otherwise play FFXI circe 2002, but not circa 2017 because it's dead as well as being shittier than WoW could ever have hoped to be.

The Warlords of Draenor Expansion was one of my favorite, perhaps my most enjoyed overall experience with World of Warcraft

Discuss.

Anyone else feel like early cata was actually really good? What the fuck happened?

Dragon soul.

Eh. That's your opinion on my opinion.
>if you wanna try

Seriously, the only way to compare and contrast between the expansions is to just try them out, going from most recent to vanilla.
If you don't wanna do that, then you're gonna have to take my words, and the words of others, for it.

Sure it'd be worth it if BC or Wrath just released.

What's necessary is that you do the base-line DPS. If you do the DPS then you're RL shouldn't just be sperging out on your guild. Maybe it's because I was blessed with some good legendaries, so maybe I wouldn't know the struggle of doing average DPS.

Only if you play on elysium, its a free private server.

It's worth it if you join a social guild or go play on a roleplay server. The raids and pvp are filled with arrogant douche bags that creme their pants over online achievements. Don't be pathetic like them.

This. Or Warmane.

bottom line is, there is no better experience than retail, in all aspects (community, server reliability, game functionality, latency)

yes, i love throwing on my nostalgia-vision as much as the next guy, sometimes even more. but the truth is, i played on Elysium for a couple of months before realizing i should just be playing retail, and i've never gone back to other private servers since

Sexy time with a naga. ;)

damn, humpin dat blowhole

>Worth it?
Short answer? No.
Long answer? Fuck no.

Game died with the lich king, it's just time gating in the way of a gear treadmill now. Your skill isn't worth anything, and your gear plays the game for you, but you only get gear over an extended period of time, which exists only to literally FORCE you to keep paying for the game while you wait.

Everything about this game now revolves around grinding something completely arbitrary in order to get what you used to have in the past just playing the game at your own pace.

Also, your ENTIRE progress reset every time a new patch hits, which makes any sense of continuity and progress, completely nonexistent, which is just absurd if we're talking about an MMORPG.

In short, wow managed to combine the worst aspects of any grindfest MMORPG with the worst aspects of mobas, but without ANY of the positives from either.

Unless you enjoy EXTENSIVE grind, shitty gameplay, faggots left and right demanding absurd amounts of gear way over what the content requires, infinite progress that resets whenever the devs feel like it, and NO sense of accomplishment whatsoever, wow is the game for you, otherwise just download some random MOBA and be happy with it.

EQ2 > WoW

>thinking dps matters in relation to your specific group
>thinking dps comparison to other classes matters
>doesn't mention a difficulty
link your parses plebian

mad cus bad

>he says the game died with lich king
>he describes the way the game has been since the very beginning

You know the answer.

Don't be stupid.

Except it's not.

I'm not asking you to stop eating shit, mate. Feel free to keep burning your money with one of the worst MMORPGs on the market, no one is asking you to stop.

You can't be bad on WoW. Everyone uses add-ons that shows you what to push and warns you about everything. The community of raiders and pvpers are just horrible people. Which is why I thank you for proving my point.

Man, I wish I had saved all my wow screenshots, recordings, logs, etc. I learned streaming, recording, editing, etc. because of WoW.

Come on of course you can be bad at WoW, like 90% of the player base has always been bad at WoW. Otherwise everyone would have been competing for records but for the most part it wasn't even close.

cant be bad, yet you are unable to compete with top players in pve or pvp due to a lack of ability. something seems off with this but I cant QUITE put my finger on it

>arrogant douche bags that creme their pants over online achievements

You're misunderstanding the insult of personalities by concluding it's regarding skill at all. Basically, you're proving my point repetitively.

OP here. Totally going to get the game, just because of the amount of fags talking about it on here.

It's true what he said about pvp though.
It's broken af with all these addons.

-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-nͫiͤcͫeͤ-*-