Am I the only one that feels like a lot of modern 'rappers' should be classified as singers instead?

Am I the only one that feels like a lot of modern 'rappers' should be classified as singers instead?

I feel like dudes like Young Thug and Uzi and Post Malone do a lot more singing than rapping.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IzziKZ4S0W4
youtube.com/watch?v=D_CWV1HKNTo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zgmvg-zzctI
soundcloud.com/the23savage
thefader.com/2016/08/14/lyor-cohen-announces-young-thug-new-name-jeffery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theyre pop stars and theyve been that way for a minute

I unironically think uzi is one of the best modern rappers debate me fgts

youre right about that
youre right about that
youre right about that

good work team

seconded.

why?

Uzi is one of the only XXL member except lil yachty to stay relevant while releasing quality music. He is better at this singing "rap" than anyone else and hes pretty unique in the way he delivers and changes style when he is not saying yea yea yea

youtube.com/watch?v=IzziKZ4S0W4

youtube.com/watch?v=D_CWV1HKNTo

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgmvg-zzctI

>lil yachty
>good
His new albums bunk as fuck mane, and that freshman list had denzel curry and 21 savage on it to cmon man

didn't say yachty was good just that he was able to stay relevant. 21 savage is garbage tell me exactly why is he good? Denzel curry is good but I haven't heard anything about him in a while so idk if hes still relevant

21 savage is garbage. he lost in the battle between him and 23 savage.

soundcloud.com/the23savage

xxl freshman class is one of the most piss-poor and meaningless distinctions in modern music. look at their freshman class this year and you'll see that 9 out of 10 have no discernible talent. Some are there because labels paid to have them put there. Others because of their proximity to artists with buzz at the moment (see: Remy from 1738... in his interview with the magazine they asked him to establish and describe himself as an artist. all he could say is that he's friends with Fetty Wap)

Others on the list must have sucked some dicks at the publishing house because they are not popping at all and indistinguishable from others on soundcloud that have no buzz whatsoever

Please watch this video for further information:

Worldstar: dude gives his opinion on what's wrong with the xxl freshmen class 2017

It baffles me how most people just ignore Anderson .paak on that freshman list

ITT

as if he needed the list or people's recognition of him on the list...

Dre co-sign, features on top hiphop albums, his own critically praised material.

He'll be fine

numales listen to indie and shoegaze stuff

>Uzi is one of the only XXL member except lil yachty to stay relevant while releasing quality music
Reads like youre saying lil yachty released quality music. Denzels got a new project coming out soon i think, i saw a track on worldstar or somethin that i hadnt heard atleast

wasn't Young Thug supposed to be rebranded as Jeffrey or some shit?

I'm willing to bet most people haven't bothered to look into his music. I still get surprised by him even though I followed his early stuff with Wax and Dumbfoundead, as well as random videos that cropped up of him singing on the drumkit. Not saying that I'm a TRVE fan or anything. I wasn't that big into him, but somehow his music just hits me, even though I don't regard him as a huge inspiration. Here's to hoping he tries to tackle a really ambitious and controversial project. Although maybe it's better to stay grounded like Vince Staples.

yep "my name is jeffrey" was supposed to be his replacement

didn't work out I guess.

Denzel Curry is good but he kinda went off the radar after his album drop and so did savage after drake was done with him

Pretty sure it was just to hype his mixtape/was never meant to be permenant. Like how Snoop Dogg changed his name to Snoop Lion

exactly

but his manager even made a comment about it

I'll google and see if I can find that statement

thefader.com/2016/08/14/lyor-cohen-announces-young-thug-new-name-jeffery

here we go

How do I even listen to Uzi ? What projects from him do you guys bump casually ? Luv is Rage ?

fucking weird

He's literally soulja boy

t. "crank dat" by soulja boy
it's all you need to listen to in order to understand

Snoop Lion is specifically Snoop in his Reggae form. He is a man of many forms

I'm asking how his fans listen to his work. What mixtape they listen to. I've heard them all but none gave me a "I want to listen to this casually later" feeling.

migos are better
takeoff is WAY better

Lil Uzi Vert vs. The World is my personal favorite

how about you lick my anus

meet me

633 Charlton Street
Southbridge, MA 01550

i only listen to remixes on sondcloud where halfway through someone else starts rapping over it with a computer mic

like oh god damn thats the mix that i want
2 am and im fapping to helen hunt

why dont you "take off" right now faggot

eh, you don't have to be relevant to be good
Paradise may be Uzi's worst, holy shit
XO Tour Llif3 blows everything else he's done out the water

>thinking paradise is shitto
user I think you have shit taste and should leave immediately same with the take off user he is literally just ad libs

xxl use to mean something. I have to agree with you. 21 savage is garbage. He is an inbred who can barely speak english. However, his immaculate flow + metro's production = gold

They can't carry a tune, therefore can't be called singers

They're just hypemen, but then again Hip Hop was born from hypemen at block parties in the 70s, hyping up whatever the dj was playing

People didn't start getting lyrical until the late 80s

damn

you sound like an angry small person
that you uzi?

The new music was pretty good, I think the upcoming album is gonna be alright, the best tracks will probably be the ones with the best features tho.

the list isn't out yet...

how small is uzi?

That's not true anymore though, a lot of the people who are probably gonna be on the list this year have an organic fanbase. A lot of the rappers in this current generation are so young that they don't have any industry connections to fall back on.

I think his spot should've been given to someone else, specifically Kap G or Rich the Kid. Not because his music is bad, but I think the general consumer of XXL is more likely to gravitate to that style as opposed to .Paak's

Ha is this at a party?

Well said. I love Uzi but he's not that good at rapping. I love his singing voice a lot tho, like on songs like Team Rocket, XO Tour Life, Scott and Ramona, etc.

5'4

.Paak is the most relevant on that list, that user is fucking retarded.

Malibu is amazing.

I really like Vince, but if his new album is full of beats like Bagbak I'm going to have a hard time enjoying it desu.

You call this music? I call this noise.

migos are fucking trash, so nah

nu males kill themselves

uzi be tryn to dickride tho