How did this get made? Why did this get made?

How did this get made? Why did this get made?

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/3879908
savethecat.com/todays-blog/the-cat-saved-me-how-nine-lives-the-movie-saved-my-life
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h-KpG2tHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Essential blackmail/money laundering-core

god i would love to know what dirt they had on Jennifer Garner and Kevin Spacey to make them do this

How often do you think movies like these are fronts for money laundering?

Do you guys think Christopher Walken did it just for the work/$$?

>"me" with an arrow just in case nobody can understand the premise
It has to be a satire of Sandler comedies and might be genuinely funny, at least I'm strongly hoping so for Spacey's sake. A premise that's this fucking retarded surely can't exist in 2016...

I feel bad for the cat the most, little fucker looks adorable, deserves better than this.

moviepilot.com/posts/3879908

>As we learned by both of these films, family values is the main issue. In 'Click' Morty gives Michael a remote to show him how to be a better family man. In 'Nine Lives' Felix gives Tom a cat to show him how to become a better family man. In both films one character is sent to a troubled family to bring them together by doing the extreme. Is Christoper Walken's character....dare i say...an angel?

Jennifer Garner I expect this from, Kevin Spacey should be above this kind of shit.

I'm honestly convinced every movie that Sony Pictures shits out these days is connected to money laundering

>Is Christoper Walken's character....dare i say...an angel?
Read this in walkens voice

>putting his life on paws

I think he did it just because he could and didn't give any fucks (coinciding with most of his filmography, bless you Christopher).

Passion project

I'm digging the color scheme

>directed by Barry Sonnenfeld
>the same Barry Sonnenfeld that made Get Shorty, and Men In Black

I weep for humanity.

hehe

Not to mention the Addams Family movies, fuck that is depressing.
Get Shorty is such an under appreciated film.

>just meow my shit up

How many times has this premise been done?

I saw this while DUDE WEED LMAO'd up and I thought it was a really good parody of Adam Sandler films. The plot almost mirrored that of Click, or at least borrowed heavily from it

Even if it wasn't an intentional parody, it's still a fun film that does everything it's advertise to do; something fun to take your family to the movies and see. Kevin Spacey looked like he had fun acting in this, and Christopher Walken is Christopher Walken. I hardly see this as a film that should have never been made. It's totally decent.

thats literally the same billboard lol, wow

>MTV
I swear anything not in Top Critics is cringey as fuck

>Robert Downey Jr. was in this

cocaine's a hell of a drug

user, that IS a top critic

>mfw I just looked it up and you're fucking right
THAT'S NOT TRUE
THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

>Fish scented snack
Crab legs?

Christ what a clusterfuck of a movie, even more amazing is how people are trying to turn this into a cult film.

Valid point.

No one in their right mind would remake spider-man three times within 15 years unless there was some illicit activity going on with their accounting books.

me on the left

I liked it.

>1 fresh
WHAT FUCKING ONE CRITIC?!

It was Armond wasn't it?

Even the best director can't make a shit script work.

At leadt he'll have Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events to wipe away this mishap of a film

This bitch who is somehow allowed to be a top critic despite using shit like "brobabiez" in her reviews and having awful taste.

I was looking for that reaction image so you are forgiven.

>mtv critic

Oh, okay.

>do this movie and you get the lead part in this other movie
>im not doing your fucking cat movie, I'm kevin spacey
>no we're serious, you cashed all your favors, you owe us this time. do the movie and you get the juicy part
>ok but I want at least 5 million and I do my voice lines from home
>Deal

that's how it always happens

You welcome.

>cost $30 million to make

Sounds plausible.

This is probably how it all went down.

At least Juanita that works at the catering company got paid

>Kevin Spacey should be above this kind of shit

Why? He's not allowed to want money?

>there was a man next to me
>AND HE WAS EATING, WHAT A STRANGER INDEED

What the actual fuck

I'm convinced its some elaborate tax evasion scheme

Anyone wanna confirm if this movie has a scene where the daughter/son/wife confides in the cat about his father/husband and then at the end of the movie Kevin Spacey has learned his lesson and improves on the things the daughter/son/wife talked about?

"You may be wondering how I came to be trapped in the body of a cat. But that's not important right now, what's important is that in approximately 20 minutes the Xanax I dropped in the dog's food bowl will take effect, rendering him powerless to my, shall we say, affections. That's right, I am going to rape the family dog. Not because of some imagined slight or because he growled at me. No, I do it to establish my dominance, of both humans and pets in this house. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sink my hooks into him." *scratches post twice*

So which one is more Kino, this one or "A Talking Cat?!"?

This is just a rip off of that old Tim Allen movie, Shaggy Dog, anyways.

Jesus Christ, his voice is just engrained in my head.

Kinda feels good.

>ywn be raped by Kevin Spacey's barbed cat penis

the writers blog on how the movie got made:

savethecat.com/todays-blog/the-cat-saved-me-how-nine-lives-the-movie-saved-my-life

>That’s when we were approached by Christophe Lambert of Europacorp to write a movie about a business man and bad father who winds up in the body of a cat.

>This was Christophe’s “pet project” (pun not intended), and he was very enthusiastic about his idea. At the time, he was adamant: this was “Not a children’s movie!” he insisted in his heavy French accent.

>Christophe wanted us think of it as a “Woody Allen” film. We would not hear the cat’s thoughts. It was to be “introspective and sophisticated,” but at the same time, it still had to be about a man who turns into a cat. I’m not kidding.

What the fuck.

Shekels attract anyone tbqh

I hope the user had his falcon with him

That is batshit insane.

I'm assuming it's part of some elaborate prank or a social experiment to gauge whether or not people are stupid enough to watch this shit.

>Christophe Lambert
Is it THE Lambert? The Highlander? The Raiden? or just the writer hack who's his homonym?

That's literally in the fucking trailer bro.

Given the affiliation to this Europacorp I would take a wild guess and say this is the guy.

I've never seen the trailer

You have 10 seconds to tell me one good thing Spacey's been in in the last decade that's not the first season of House of Cards

>What are contract deals?

When actors sign on for a big movie they have to do a certain amount of films for the studio or buy out their contract. There's rarely a time limit aswell, they could have cashed in this Spacey role from a contract he signed 15 years ago.

It's like capeshit without the cinematic universe.

The social Network? Moon? 21? I wonder how as Elvis & Nixon, sounds interesting but I have not seen it.

Kinda like Ryan Reynolds forced to do that "Deadpool disgrace in Wolverine" to do the real one.

>Moon
That was pretty good.

Okay, you convinced me to see this movie.

the true cat kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h-KpG2tHM