Why play any other version of Melee besides 20XX honestly

Why play any other version of Melee besides 20XX honestly

>dope skins
>harder ai with random teching and recoveries
>dope skins

Vanilla melee is just boring now

PM is better, more characters in it. and if im going for fun i just play smash 4

Because smash 4 is better.

This. PM is amazing. Lucario is muh nigga

Who the fuck plays a game from 2 gens ago? They're inferior, look like shit, play like shit, have the design ideas made obsolete years later and age like Milk.

>b-b-but muh luigi slide! have fun with your BUTTER SWORD!

????????????????????

>2017
>playing melee
For what tho? No seriously for what? Fucking wave-dashing and L-canceling? So you and 3 other autistic faggots can sit in the basement and all play fox on final destination? What do you get out of it?
Does it make you feel like a pro cause it's what you think is the "pro" thing to do?
Do you like graphics that look like autistic origami?
Do you like a controller that feels like it was made for 3 year olds by Fisher Price?
No please fucking tell me why you would play a game from 2 gens ago when we have Smash4?

I went to a local tournament and made someone cry with Pichu. Shit's easy and I made 50 bucks.

ya'll niggas know right
anyone wanna play some netplay 3.6?

Cuz smash 4 isn't fun. It's floaty, and there's no combos.

Wanna see a smash 4 combo?
>uptilt-uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt--uptilt-upair-upair-spike

Went to a Smash 4 and fucking knee of justiced a melee elitist so hard it cured autism.
Easy $200

Because melee plays completely differently. It's faster and harder to execute, which makes it rewarding.

Also, melee tournaments get more views than tr4sh and the local tournament scene is still going strong

How much does the memory card with 20xx cost?

>There's no easy combos that don't require any effort
there fixed it for you.

and then you found $20? Sick story bro

Melee will always be bigger than smash 4

Melee fans sure are bigger than Sm4sh ones, I can tell you that. A good 400lb bigger

Just play it on dolphin. Way easier to install

play on pc w/ dolphin
you can also just hack your wii w/ homebrew and play it free there too

>smash 3ds alone outsold smash wii u
huh

Dude, the hack pack is free. Tournament edition is the one that needs a memory card. Also, the hack pack can make 20xx tournament saves on memory cards.

All the top players in all smash games are fat. Surprisingly playing smash for a living isn't healthy

cancerous homebrew shit where the interactions don't matter and the stats are made up.
>b-but all the characters are viable!!
gay homo overpowered everybody wins shit

because in melee the skill ceiling is fucking insane and because smash 4 is a party game

this guy gets it

But its a fighting game

Not a good one

Melee's garbage for man children with Stockholm syndrome to a game that never got a worthy sequel. If you want something *actually* good, play PM for a similar style or sm4sh if you don't care

fukken saved

The funny thing is I never meet anyone who thinks melee is better irl. It's only celldwelling autistics online who even think that it possibly could be

Thats because melee players dont go outside or interact with others.

>Armada, Ice, M2K, SFAT, Leffen, Axe, the list goes on
>Fat
You sound like a person who calls 100lb chicks obese, you okay?

okay leffen is a sex god not gonna lie I'd fuck that guy

Shut up, Cole no one likes you

>they're all scrawny NEETS
ahhahahaaha

Trips says it all

>still make more than you
ahahahahahah

trips dont lie

>implying autism is an occupation

>at least they get paid for theirs

I play all the time at my college. Gonna play tomorrow. Sheik main mostly but play some marth against peach

GameCube controllers are ergonomic as fuck, you're just grasping at straws. You just can't git gud

>this mad that you're not fast enough for melee

Smash 4 is the kiddie pool. That's like being the king of the kiddie pool

>mad
Dude, you understand they all do the same thing over and over again right? They have no idea how to deal with a decent pichu.

Pichu is just a joke version of Pichu that's fun to mess around with

Smash 4 is more balanced

Eh, possibly. There are still op characters. Pm might be more balanced

Because a few skins doesn't change the fact that this "game" is just rapidly inputting a series of unintended glitches.

why does pm feel so much more clunky than melee for me? I try to play fox but everything feels different enough to make me uncomfortable. am I mindgaming myself?

I know a smash 4 player who is really good at pm, seems to translate
But it's fun as fuck

/thread

No fox does feel a little different

Smash is for fucking fags. Play a real fighting game you autists instead of just dash rolling around the screen and blocking.

And deal with the faggots that rage quit in the middle of a match because you combo them into oblivion? No thanks.

>more balanced

>implying that Melee had any balance

oh yeah lemme get right to not having fun

"LOOK MOM I LANDED A F-AIR, ARE YOU PROUD OF ME YET?"

Since no one else is giving you an actual answer, I'm inclined to agree with you. Skins are meaningless, though. The harder AI is both a strength and a weakness, imo. They aren't "good" by any stretch of the word, but their tas tech skill is fun to watch. They just abuse invincibility and movement options (roll>spotdodge>shine/infinite ledge stalls/etc). The random teching is nice, but truly the best part of 20xx is booting straight to VS with tourney rules and training purposes with hit/hurtboxes, save states and frame counters.

I do really like yellow Fox and Twitch Falcon, though. Adding your own music is pretty neat, too.

I'd rather deal with ragequitting faggots than faggots playing a children's party game and acting like it's a competitive fighting game.

I forgot kids these days don't like challenging themselves. Explains all the love for this watered down "wanna be fighter" children's party game.

>Implying rolling around and doing nothing is fun

There's a reason nobody watches Smash tourneys, it's the most boring thing in the world.

you know how i know you're trolling?

You know how I know you're a faggot? You play Smash

Probably bait, but I find it interesting that people hate on Smash as much as they do. If you oversimplify any game (which almost always comes from a lack of understanding) you can make it and its fan base sound terrible. Most 2D fighters seem as though you're just fishing for the infinite combo, which isn't satisfying to me.

And if you could roll in most 2D fighters, you bet your ass that most competitive players would. Most Smash matches are pretty fun to watch, but most 2D fighting game matches I feel like I'm just waiting for one hit to initiate the optimal combo to death. In Smash, there's ways to escape those and turn it around (barring very specific examples like wobbling). So if your example of "Smash is just rolling and blocking" is Puff vs IC's or something, I feel your pain. Watch a Falcon ditto. Watch N0ne, Westballz, Syrox, Ice in some of the more recent matches.

Anyone been playing Rivals of Aether?