/Grimes/

Let's talk about one of god's greatest gifts to mankind. You can't help falling in love with her.
Also, daily reminder to be nice to Grimes and her fans.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/30316050/#30316417
rbt.asia/mu/thread/30316050/#q30316417
youtu.be/0P7eIY-W-sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fucking ogre troll

The world would be a better place if she weren't alive

she will be irrelevant in five years

She's already irrelevant

She'll be doing double anal in five years

Or, doing it on camera for money at that point anyway

bitch lookin like a witcher 3 npc

I think she should stop making songs about men doing whatever they want reeeeee roastie style if she's going to constantly make money off modelling and trying to look sexy instead of gee I don't know, making music.

>oh hey look guys it dave mustaine in another vogue shoit
>oh look he's mugging funnily behind his food, god I love him
>haha he just uploaded a funny.webm of him being kawaii

Oh wait that's right, male artists arnt this autistic and starved for attention

Finally, a Grimes thread where she gets shat on for being the shit artist she is

>and her fans
Op is a faggot

>And in the bathroom mirror I see me vomit in the sink

this is toxic

OP are you the fanatic with over 1500 pictures?

No, it's the fucking truth. Nobody really likes grimes other than autistic beta cucks like you faggot. Now fucking kill yourself

KILL YOURSELF CUNT

I hope our grimey is sleeping well

Delete your thread and kill yorself

are you grimes fan, user

This is so fucking accurate I cant breathe
I love her and her music but I cant unsee this

pls be nice

FUCK off shithead, nobody wants to be nice to that disgusting filth

false

that's not nice

why are you so bitter?

Shit the fuck up. Sorry I hurt your feelings you speshul snowflake, but people here can say whatever the guck they want to and if you don't like it fuck off

is the tranny grimesfag here?

she has such a punchable face but i appreciate her love to mayo

he can't handle awesomeness of grimes

no u

She looks like a goth lad here

Id like to see face of the faggot who makes these threads

I can't decide if she is somehow cute or just ugly.

>cute
She is, and she makes some great music along the way.

your taste is objectivley shit

rope.jpg

>objectivley

To whom?

LOL you're right.

jesus shes ugly
its like you bleached a goblin or something

see
Your post isn't music related.

Half of the show is observing musicians and stage effects, other half is the music
If you think her being uggo isnt a problem you´re part of the problem

>Half of the show
/mu isn't a show. It's an imageboard for music discussion.

>uggo

Grimes is the artist of the decade. Prove me wrong.

5 years ago a dude said what you see in pic related. Guess what? 5 years later she's still relevant. What makes you believe that she will stop being relevant 5 years from now?

Literally go fuck yourselves, cunts. Discuss music, retards.

haters btfo

She'll be "old" and female artists have an expiration date.

Visions is one of my all-time favorites but Art Angels was really lackluster looking back.

Visions sort of floats, it has this gentle kindness to it, almost like it's not of this world. It's also frail and really beautiful. One of my all-time favorite lyrics is

>I try, I try
>To make you cry, make you love me
>Oh, I would say yes

It says so much yet it's so simple.

Now Art Angels has none of that. It tries to hit you right in the face, it's much more poppy, there are some absolutely GARBAGE songs like Belly of the Beat and even the good ones never reach that otherwordly sensation of beauty. Worse yet, it comes across as pettier.

Where is the proof that was said about grimes. that could be about anybody because the post doesn't mention an artist..

Talentless female artists have an expiration date. FIFY.

Talented artists such as Grimes, Kate Bush and Bjork are and will be relevant for a very long time. Even if Grimes would stop her solo project she still has a great future as a songwriter and producer for other artists. She's pretty much set for life.

Pic related is super relevant.

>what are: post numbers
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/30316050/#30316417

>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/30316050/#30316417
Fair enough

It's from a past Grimes thread. The proof is right there: rbt.asia/mu/thread/30316050/#q30316417

>still don't know understand mu's obsession with this chick

I'd like to know if that guy is still around.

>there are some absolutely GARBAGE songs like Belly of the Beat
Hmmm... That's a sad opinion. "How Grimes dared to make an in your face pop album?" This is basically your opinion in a nutshell.

Art Angels is a masterpiece, like it or not.

((((you))))

>post completely educated and ofenseless opinion
>LOL U LE TROLL SILLY U

You guys are pretty sad. There's no irony in this, I'm being completely honest, you are sad. Get mad at this post all you want, I never participate in these circlejerk threads.

How much a of pleb you must be to call Belly of the Beat a "GARBAGE" song? Go away, sad man.

>How much of a pleb must you be to have an opinion different from mine?

I really don't know. Sorry, Jesus.

I think the wordplay is laughably bad, the chorus does nothing for me and neither does the beat itself. I also dislike the lyrics and hate the video for it.

Seriously grow up.

>I also dislike the lyrics
You monster!

I could feel the world today
Everybody dies in the point they arise and we dance like angels to
Breaking all you need in the shapes of faiths and knowledge of you
And you'll never get sad and you'll never get sick
And you'll never get weak
In the belly of the beat yeah!

You hate this?!

Yes. Grimes was never a great lyricist, because a really great lyricist is also a great poet, and she doesn't come close. So what made the lyrics in Visions good is that they were very personal, in either very simple (like Genesis) or very blunt (like at the end of Skin) ways. Belly of the Beat sounds like a bunch of generic, aimless attempts at poetry to me.

This is why I find a lot of Art Angels unnapealing.

>I could feel the world today
she says 'I could leave the world today'

Whatever dude. Lyrics are like the most subjective thing ever. If you don't like her lyrics, read a freaking poetry book.

>like angels to
more like 'do'

That's the thing - I just said I liked Visions. I'm still trying to have a polite conversation because I genuinely don't understand why it bothers you so much that I dislike Art Angels. Don't become obsessed over something that isn't yours personally.

Also, if you take anyone hailed as one of the better lyricists ever, like Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan, you'll find A LOT of poetry. Morrissey, for example, at the height of The Smiths, was an unbelievable lyricist, and he grew up fascinated by poetry as well. So it isn't really necessary to open a poetry book, in fact, I actually think people diminish the impact music can have by disregarding the lyrics in them.

>I never participate in these [so-called] circlejerk threads.
Um... what are you doing right now?

>I think the wordplay is laughably bad, the chorus does nothing for me and neither does the beat itself. I also dislike the lyrics and hate the video for it.
Personally I quite like all the above (although my personal favorite feature is how the harmonic structure of the vocal line and the chord progression in the instrumentals purposefully don't line up - it's subtle, but if you listen for it...) It gives the whole thing a sort of restless quality which is imo very fitting for the subject matter.

Tbh, though, I've read through a LOT of opinions on Art Angels and yours is probably the first time I've seen someone claim to actively dislike this song.

>Um... what are you doing right now?

To participate in X threads means to consistently post in a number of the same threads. I'm posting in one thread, because I felt like giving an opinion.

I also read a bunch on Art Angels and I only saw people loving this song this much here. I was also surprised to see that. I think the album has a lot of stronger songs. The song itself I don't HATE, I just find it annoying and would never listen to it.

>I genuinely don't understand why it bothers you so much that I dislike Art Angels.
I have no idea why, but it does. Maybe because you were so harsh. You called Belly of the Beat a GARBAGE song. If that's a garbage song, what is a real shit song like any Brokencyde song?

>Don't become obsessed over something that isn't yours personally.
People become obsessed over things they care and love. You don't have to own them to care.

>I have no idea why, but it does. Maybe because you were so harsh.

I appreciate your honesty, no irony. I'm sorry if that offended you, the song just personally annoys me a lot.

There is shit out there like Chainsmokers which is so bad I don't even bother having an opinion on it, so there's still a lot underneath garbage.

Anyway I have a class now.

i want to smash grimes' skull with a mallet

I apologize if I overreacted but as you can see here I wasn't overtly serious anyway. Visions is still my fave Grimes album but I really love Art Angels too.

BTW what do you think about Darkbloom, Halfaxa and Geidi Primes?

Rank the Art Angels tracks. Worst to best.

is it just me or does grimes look like the end result of all those hentai about ogres raping elves

>I think the album has a lot of stronger songs.
It has, but Belly of the Beat is not a bad song by any means. Maybe it's slightly annoying because of the cheerful "dee dee dee", but other than that? This is one of her most personal songs on AA.

No, it's you.

how much do you listen to grimes on average?

>WAAAAAAH, SOMEONE HAS AN OPINION DIFFERENT FROM MINE

She's so lovely.

>not being nice to Grimes

Tough titty, honey.

>WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SNIFF SNIFF* MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! PEOPLE TALK ABOUT AN ARTIST I DON'T LIEKKKKKKK MOOOM!!! AHHHHHH NORMIEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

art angels has absolutely no song writing ability whatsoever. i love visions

>no song writing ability whatsoever
WTF? AA has extremely well crafted songs. You just don't like pop music, bruh.

>if you don't like one pop album but like another one you just don't like pop music
wew

truly a beautiful girl, eh?

Visions isn't really pop, pal.

Yes. But stop posting photoshopped pics. You're not helping your case.

Chelsea Wolfe>Grimes

youtu.be/0P7eIY-W-sA

Yeah, it is. not as pop as AA but still pop. Experimental pop, sure, but you can't just say that someone "doesn't like pop" if they like a pop album

When Chelsea will make a song half as good as Oblivion then we're talking. She's decent but nowhere near as good as Grimes.

OK, I rephrase: you don't like overtly pop music. With catchy hooks and bangers.

>photoshopped
lmao

You don't know that, I just don't like Art Angels. Not the guy you were originally replying to anyways.

Unholy trips check'd

>666

Confirmed.

It's just a matter of taste. If you don't like AA good luck to you.

I know, and I'm glad you can at least admit that (unlike some other posters I've crossed paths with), but don't just say I "don't like pop", that's autistic