Snowpiercer was so close to having an epic ending

Snowpiercer was so close to having an epic ending.

While I was watching it, my theory was that the train was working to reverse the global ice age. The conductor knew that the Earth was getting warmer, because he was the one that was saving the planet. I assumed the ending would require Chris Evans to take over as the conductor, to keep the train moving for the 30-40 years required to return the planet to its previous state. All of the cars full of ocean life, trees, etc, were actually seed cars that contained enough of an ecosystem to jump start the planet once the Earth was warm enough. This also explains why they didn't just park the train and call it a day.

At this point Chris Evans would find that abducted child and he'd be forced to choose between saving humanity in 40 years, or rescuing the child for certain death when the train stopped. They could then do a flashback to the various 'inequalities' on the train, and explain how they're necessary to keep the train running. The final scene would be Chris Evans pushing the child back into his hole. That ending would be beautiful, pitch black human darkness combined with hope.

Instead they...I don't know what they accomplished exactly. The two people that make it off the train were born on the train, and they've never been outside in their lives. They don't know what farming is, they don't know what hunting is, they've never built a thing in their lives, and one of them was a useless drug addict 30 seconds before the door opened. They're fucked, plain and simple.

you know its just an adaptation of comic right

why didn't they just stop the train and use the extra power to grow food?

This movie pissed me off so badly.
>the protagonists are all poor or lower class cliches
>the antagonists are all rich cliches, just not as over the top as the poor ones
>the poor guys win every engagement for no fucking reason, it's not even plot armor because the movie completely glosses over shit and just shows them winning
>we are supposed to root for the poor guys and hate the rich, but in this case the poor were literal freeloaders who got lucky to be saved and the rich kidnapping their kids started only later
>we are still supposed to cheer for them even once they fucking literally doom the human race
Retarded movie

>we are supposed to root for the poor guys and hate the rich, but in this case the poor were literal freeloaders who got lucky to be saved and the rich kidnapping their kids started only later
You're right, the poor should be praising the rich for allowing them to starve to the point of eating their fellow men and babies while the rich eat steak and sushi.

So explain again why you screenshotted the poster instead of downloading it

I agree, it could have had a epic ending, but the poc survived. Booooooo! :)

frig off with your meta-b8

You really have no idea what this film was about.
Ever heard of this thing called subtext? The train was a stand-in for an oppressive two class system and the only way to change such a system is to stop and reset it.

Are you fucking stupid?

>While I was watching it, my theory was that the train was working to reverse the global ice age.

You are a literal retard.

They are chanting the whole movie that the engine is never going to stop.

Of course the engine is going to stop and they are all going to die in the freezing cold.

>you encounter a train car full of thugs with hammers
>they start counting down from ten
>not rushing their shit as soon as they start that bullshit

no wonder the South Koreans got 'surprised' by a North Korean attack in the Korean war.

Oh sorry, the concept of a meaning, that's not explained in every little detail in an exposition that can't be missed, seems to be unknown to you.

This film really isn't for you.Try not to hurt your headspace by thinking about it, just stay with bland action flicks that don't require any afterthought at al.

I'm not even OP, fucko. Your elitism is just fucking annoying. Literally everyone understood the main idea of that movie and it's not what OP was talking about anyway.

>They could then do a flashback to the various 'inequalities' on the train, and explain how they're necessary to keep the train running.

There's no way in he'll a film would ever have that message, unless you're watching the Birth of a Nation or some shit. I liked some of your ideas though, OP. The film has a half-baked concept with a half-baked execution.

*hell

Man, you're going to have a shock when you realize that most people around you are smarter than you.

Sounds like you didn't watch the movie

They are not really necessary to keep the train running.

the train was powered by a perpetual motion engine, if the train stops, the engine stops

the movie was an analogy for communism and how it will inevitably fail

then why didn't they have the train go around in a circle instead of along all of those treacherous mountainside ridges?

Probably because of how track was designed?

kekkle