Sports Trivia and interesting facts fun thread

okay lets get a sports trivia thread going.
>anything sports related
>applied autism can make this really fun

I'll start with a really easy one
>Wade Boggs allegedly pounded between 64 and 107 miller lites on a cross country flight the day before a game
>Boggs denied that the number of beers was 64, and he reportedly told Charlie Day that he drank 107 beers in a day.[40]

youtube.com/watch?v=M3lpKvr1GCs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g
youtube.com/watch?v=k90jhSSf_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=aX-YuvQkSRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My sports trivia:

1) OP is a retarded tripfaggot redditor
2) Ohio Stadium has a rotunda featuring blue and yellow flowers, probably from a bet with Michigan about the dedication game
3) USA has more rugby gold medals (2) than New Zealand does (0)(Z E R O)

Mike Tirico actually believes he is 100% Italian. He denies that darkness and voodoo filled chanting flow through his veins and reportedly hates Kool Aid with a passion calling it nigger anti freeze.

for real though his dad left his mom when he was 4 (for no reason) and his mom raised her son to believe that he was 100% ITALIAN

>Despite his dark skin and ethnic features, Tirico has publicly stated that he is not Black nor African American. He reiterated that he’s seen pictures of his father and his immediate family, all of whom are White. “The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family. And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now.”

the power of Italian mothers knows no limits. that is what built Rome.
>Oh you dont think we need a Coliseum? Your Brother Remus is out there all day building thousands of miles of roads but nooooooo Romulus only wants to look at Etruscan pottery all day.

youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g

3) USA has more rugby gold medals (2) than New Zealand does (0)(Z E R O)

Mike Phelps has more gold medals than like 70% of the worlds nations

What's wrong with that? Literally every human being on the planet would rather claim wop heritage instead of being black.

Most Italians have 10%+ african admixture anyway.

I've seen way darker sicilians than Tirico.

OLD ZEALAND BTFO

Alex Karras, DE Lions and later Webster's Dad, served a suspension for gambling and assiociating with the mob.

that's some oakland raider level delusion

Old Zealand has the WBO heavyweight boxing title as of a few days ago.

Now they are punching the sheep as well as "rucking over" them.

I wonder if coaches just gave up on him after a while
> When Shaq retired in 2010, he missed a total of 5,317 free throws over his career.

NO FUCKING WAY sicilians have ever looked that dark.
The moors weren't even kangz. they were closer to berbers and arabs even.
"mom why do I have to use a special shampoo?" I bet his mom just cut his hair his entire life instead of sending him to a barber shop and being found out.

I want to hear about 1980's level debauchery in football. like the U, cowboys, guys doing coke during half time etc. when is that book coming out?

the moors were Arabs fool

he broke his wrist as a teen and it never healed correctly and he didn't have full range of motion on it. That's why he shot the lazer-beams.

Phelpls also held the title of longest televised golf putt for some number of years because of this
youtube.com/watch?v=k90jhSSf_hI

Hall of Fame Guard Larry Allen holds the Dallas Cowboys bench press record at over 700 lbs+.

youtube.com/watch?v=aX-YuvQkSRE

The Bears, Browns, Giants, Lions, Packers,Steelers are the only NFL teams without cheerleaders I think. which is weird that I never noticed it ever.

>The phrase about winning something “hands down” originally referred to a jockey who won a race without whipping his horse or pulling back the reins

Despite not playing baskeball since high school, Bruce Jenner was drafted No. 139 by the NBA’s Kansas City Kings after winning the men’s decathlon at the 1976 Olympics

athletic sport freaks like this really fucking get me upset. elway coulda gone pro at baseball or football. bo actually did it. that there are guys so fucking talented by the grace of god that you can compete in not one but two sports at a professional level further seperating you from 0.00001% of the population. not to mention all the NFL guys that could almost go pro at golf (romo usually beats his partner at celeb tournaments)
oh and deniro trained so hard at becoming jake lamotta for raging bull that his trainer wanted to get him on the amateur circuit cause he coulda actually won fights in the ring.

Every year the NY Giants allow excentric heir to the team Rooney Mara pick a player. That's how the NYG ended up selecting Reuben Randle. She thought he had a funny name.

Packers have cheerleaders.they are from a nearby college.

a 50 yard putt. with the cameras rolling. on a tour.
motherfucker.

southern italy has levels of inbreeding comparable to the most backward, least developed places on earth.

> With the final pick of the 1983 NBA draft, Philadelphia 76ers owner Harold (((Katz))) took 49-year-old Norman Horvitz out of the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy. There are different rumors about the connection between (((Katz))) and Horvitz, though one holds that they were poker buddies. Horvitz’s stats as the draft’s “Mr. Irrelevant” was noted unironically by contemporary newspaper accounts
being a franchise owner must be so goddamn fun some times. I wish we had more like al davis and jerry jones fucking things up from time to time.

>60% of athletes that will make it into the NFL will have a form of "shaq" in their name between 2018 and 2022