This thread is for alcoholics who want to go sober. Ask questions, share your stories/experiences/recommendations

This thread is for alcoholics who want to go sober. Ask questions, share your stories/experiences/recommendations.

>be me
>700 ml scotch a day drinker for two decades
>start on camprall + naltrexone
>now drinking 300 ml about 2-3 days a week
Feeling lot better but still a long way to go

Good for you user, keep it up!
Offtopic, I only drink on partys, but I get freaking hammered every single time (usually around 24 beer/less with vodka/shots) any tips on how to stop drinking like a freaking maniac?

Any inderlying issues like anxiety? Or just no control?

Good for you! I tried the naltrexone and it didn't help me cut back at all but I'm glad to hear it can work for some. I decided to just straight up quit about 2 years ago after a decade of probably 500ml liquor and a 6 pack minimum. It was hard as hell but my life has been so much better since. No AA or anything here it's just not for me but I've seen it help a lot of people

Stupid question probably - how did you end up drinking on a daily basis? And then drinking that much too? Was it depression, or boredom, or just because you enjoy it?

Well done mate. I don't know if I ever want to go completely sober but if I can limit it to just social drinking I'll be fine. Well actually I have no social life so that'll be going full sober anyway

Closet homosexual alcoholic neet with schizophrenia reporting in..
Been dry humping my pillow thinking of james dean since I can remember. Been sober a week, but the gay shit seems to intensify the longer I stay sober.

Depression. Clinical depression, not seasonal, that's why it went on for so long. Spent so many lonely nights crying just wanting to die, alcohol is self medication to just numb your senses so it hurts less

Fuck, sorry to hear, glad you're cutting down and hope shit gets better for you :)

>gay shit seems to intensify the longer I stay sober
Explain

how's your liver?

Increased sex drive

Thanks user, I'm not sure but I think it will.

Why stay in the closet? Go out and live your life Sup Forumsro before its too late!

Hurts as we speak. I'm surprised it hasn't dried up yet. Bit fatty last time I had it checked. Blood tests always came up fucked but about to have another test soon, we'll see

you should try Kratom. I quit with no WD effects. I feel it would be even better for you as you have depression.

Same with me. I get to a tipping point at night when I drink. If I stop early enough, I get horny and masturbate like a mad man. But if I go over that line, I wake up at the kitchen table hours later and can't get it up to same my life.

no mri or biopsy?

MeI had to quit beer for the same reason, liver was fat and white and the blood test showed all fucked up.
Now even my uric acid that was critical high lowered to normal.
KRATOM. Give it a try.

Isn't kratom addictive?

No, just ultrasound

it is, but way less than alcohol. And since you want to end the other addiction you will begin to use it with caution. Kratom lets your body recover from alcohol too...

What are the effects like?

Does anyone have AA experience?

Bump