Is there a rule of when it is alright to fall in love again?

Is there a rule of when it is alright to fall in love again?
1 ½ month ago my ex broke up with me after a 4 ½ year relationship. I believe that I'm about to fall in love with another girl already, is this okay?

Yes, that is okay.

Seems perfectly normal to me.

Lucky you that you found someone so quickly. Dive in there head first, champ. We're rooting for you.

No. Not okay. Never fall for a rebound. Anyone who says otherwise is inexperienced

Thank you I will follow my feelings.

Dubs don't lie nigger. But b/tards do. You really think these faggots are on your side? Ask around. Never never never pursue a relationship with a rebound.

This is what I'm actually a bit afraid of.
How can I be sure that the feelings I have for the new girl isn't just my old feelings for my ex projected on her? Even though I like this new girl a lot, and we can talk for hours without a problem.
Should I respect my ex and wait? (It wasn't a bad breakup at all)

it's okay, but . . . it's a rebound thang

This is what we call the rebound OP. You're not fully over your ex in this stage, especially if it was a long relationship. Sure go out and enjoy yourself, see other people, but don't get attached, wait a little longer and enjoy being single. Single can be an is fun.

It's a bigger regret to not go for it because you fear it was just a rebound than it is to go for it and find out it was just a rebound.

This is a pretty good advice

This is true, enjoy yourself when you're young and make and learn from your own mistakes.

get out you aids.

Follow your fear. Ever heard Oprah say that? It's real talk, that's why. Have fun. Move on. But don't commit for at least half as long as your last relationship

Who cares? Are you enjoying the new gril? Is she into you? Then by all means. If it doesn't work out in the future then you break up.

Some more details:
I'm 23, I have been in two relationships in my life. One from when I were 15-18 and the other one from 18 till just a month ago.
I don't even know if I can be single.

Yes and yes, and yes, a break up is all it takes if things doesn't work out. But she is a really good friend, and that would also be stupid to destroy. I believe she is way into me though, so if I pull the brakes now I don't even know if I can be friends with her anymore.

Shit dude you can leave her and fuck a girl right there and the who TF cares

How do you guys get over a devastating breakup? I still feel like shit over how it went. Not to mention angry.

Well, this wasn't a devastating breakup at all. It's wierd, I'm empty.
She broke up with me, but she had good reasons, I can't be angry - I've tried.

Oh, I didn't assume yours was. I meant in general. How do people do it? My gf left me for a dude that she met online a week before the breakup who isn't even from the goddamn country. I have never been thrown out on the curve like that before in my life. This shit practically destroyed my confidence and trust.

What do you mean by respect your ex? Good or bad SHE broke it off, so it's her loss. I advise everyone to learn to be single and happy on their own before getting into another relationship because dependancy is a bitch, but if you think you're ready go for it. Just be sure to be honest with yourself about whether you feel real love, or are just rebounding. It's ok to rebound, just don't mistake it for real love.

Yeah too soon. You have someone four and a half years of your life, yet a mere month and a half later you "love" someone else?

Either you never loved your original gf or you're fooling yourself now.

Either way, just ask yourself: do I love this girl or do I just love the attention/ company/ sex?

Also think about how compatible you are. If you're not mostly compatible with the women chances are things won't work out.